• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year I've seen

Axel Rudi Pell

Powerworld

Adler's Appetite (got to meet Steven!)

(can't remember opening act^^)

Trans Siberian Orchestra (met the whole cast after the show)

MANOWAR!

I'm going to see

Dio's Disciples (with Ripper Owens!!!)

Slash

and most likely I'll go and see Sabaton, Wintersun, Freedom Call, Tankard, At Vance, Iced Earth, Ensiferum, etc. Haven't gotten the tickets yet though.

I saw Deep Purple friday night. They were great. They even played SWOM (intro) an their guitar solo!

im seeing them on the 17th! and they have an orchestra

then i see U2 the week after, maybe motley crue and poison, and then lollapalooza

im n vacation in cali and system of a down is here while i am but cant make it grrrr

I saw Deep Purple friday night. They were great. They even played SWOM (intro) an their guitar solo!

What is SWOM?

SWOM was meant to be SCOM, sorry!!! :tongue2: (Sweet Child O' Mine)

ah, yeah I thought SCOM, but then I didn't think they'd play this.

I've seen Deep Purple once. Wasn't bad, but I thought they weren't fully into it. To me, it was just like a routine. Before DP Uriah Heep was on stage, they were so much better, because they really had fun playing.

Also I once did hang out in the bachstage area with the guys from The Carburators (Norwegian band) and their guitarist told me, that when theye opened up for Deep Purple, Ian Gillan actually wasn't rock n' roll at all. He had just bought a new carpet so he could walk around on stage with bare feet. At the soundcheck, when the Carburators played, he came in and told them to stop drinking beer, it could ruin the carpet.

Just got tickets for Rise Against in October. Love that band, SO pumped for that concert.

Blink 182 tickets go on sale next week...probably be going to that too.

Uproar festival in September/October. Hopefully Winnipeg gets included, would LOVE to see Seether live. Avenged Sevenfold would be nice too, slowly starting to get into them.

I went to see Fozzy in Toronto at the Tattoo Rock Parlor last Thursday, and it was a fucking awesome gig. It was the third time in total that I've seen these guys, and I have to say it was also the best. It seems they just keep getting tighter every year. A far way from the gimmick band they once were.

Have bought tickets for:

2011-07-08 - BB King, Paul Simon @ North Sea Jazz Festival, Rotterdam, The Netherlands

If you like Paul Simon you should really enjoy this show.

Saw Paul in a club about a month ago and it was really good.

He has an ace band with him right now and they are tight as hell.

Great show!