Your concerts in 2011

Powerage5

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from Florida for Maiden on Tuesday. What a weekend! The FC trip was definitely the best way to go, 4 days in the company of a couple hundred of the biggest Maiden fans in the world, guaranteed First To The Barrier. There was a meet up at Rock N' Roll Ribs exclusive to trip members, and Nicko showed up after Ed Force One landed in Ft. Lauderdale. Got to meet him and have a small chat with him, really great guy. He also did a short set of Maiden songs with a few of his friends, including Wasted Years and Flight Of Icarus! Also got to meet Rod Smallwood later on, he was absolutely floored that someone my age travels as much as I do for Maiden!

If you've seen this tour, you know how great it is. If you haven't yet, you're in for a real treat! And if you're not, that's a damn shame.

I ended up selling my tickets for the golden god's award show for 200 a ticket and staying home to watch the Red Wings game so my updated list for now looks like this:

May 24th: Scott Weiland @ The Viper Room (West Hollywood, Ca) (shit, this show sold out in 15 minutes or so, luck I got tickets.)

May 25th: Rob Zombie @ The Ventura Theatre (Ventura, Ca)

June 15th: Motley Crue @ The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (San Francisco, Ca)

I just saw Duff/Loaded at the Viper Room on Tuesday, it was quite a bit of fun.

Not too many shows this year, but they are all pretty cool ones, it seems.

Edited by Stiff Competition

• 2 weeks later...

Edgefest finally happened!! Weezer stole the show. I say about half of the park left after Weezer. The last ones to go on were Janes Add, I left after a song or two. I just stayed around enough to say that I had seem them. Seether was pretty fn sweet too! :thumbsup:

Edited by batman007

2011 brings the following for me

Sonisphere Festival - Knebworth England 8-10th July

Iron Maiden - Cardiff, Wales. 01 August

Hard Rock Hell - Prestatyn, Wales 1-4th December

Really excited for Cardiff, that's my smallest show of the tour.

Only recent additions for me are Heavy T.O. Fest and Maiden in Manchester.

Seems like a rather uneventful year concert-wise this year, at least compared to 2009 and 2010. My god, those 2 years were GREAT, and took its fair share of a dent on my pocketbook. Saw ACDC (but I don't remember much of it, haha), Aerosmith, Kiss with Buckcherry, Guns N' Roses, Slash, Metallica, and Rock On The Range Canada (with STP headlining, along with Buckcherry, Airbourne, Godsmack, Three Days Grace, and a bunch of others I wasn't too fond of).

This year so far has been rather quiet...

- MTS Powerball: Concert with a few bands a radio station puts on almost every year as far as I know. This past March had My Darkest Days, Papa Roach, and Buckcherry. Buckcherry is always great live, but Papa Roach was seriously AWESOME! Man, check them live if you get the chance, you won't be disappointed.

- Three Days Grace: Wasn't a huge arena show, played a theatre for maybe 1500 people or so I'd guess. It was quite awesome. Perfect audio quality that night in there, I've never heard a concert sound any more clearly than that night.

Rock On The Range Canada is in August, but I'm still torn on whether I should go or not. Headliners are Alice In Chains, which is pretty cool. I've gotten into them recently. Sum 41 will be there, which will pretty much be a nice little throwback to junior high. Art Of Dying will be there, they're a new band, but I loved their CD that came out this year. Duff McKagan's Loaded will also be there, which is like "AGGHHHHH!!" for me, being a die-hard GnR fan and whatnot :P

Other than that, looks like a pretty uneventful year this year. Hoping for Rise Against when they tour North America for their new CD. Megadeth by some fluke would be nice too, I gotta see them live one day for sure.

saw paul rodgers and joe elliot down outz last wednesday...one of the best gigs i have been too.

Joseph arthur - thursday 5/5/2011

bon jovi hyde park

morrissey, lou reed, iggy and the stooges, patti smith, crissie hynde at the hopfarm festival

bob dylan, the waterboys, gaslight anthem, saw doctors and shane mcgowan at finsbury park

reading festival

I saw rush a couple years ago and most of the old songs were detuned. I'm not saying this in any disrespect to Geddy because those high notes are still fucking high, but those high notes are just not as high.

Really? What tour? As far as I know, 2112 is the only song which has been detuned in a while, and that's still the case. I'm a little fuzzy on the '90s tours, but to my knowledge the only song in the 00's and 10's that's been played tuned down in 2112.

if i'm not mistaken, circumstances was also tuned down on the snakes & arrows tour. not sure of any others though.

anyways my upcoming shows of right now:

5/6 - State Radio/Barefoot Truth (UNH, Durham, NH)

6/10 - Barefoot Truth (Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA)

6/18 - Dispatch (Red Bull Arena, Harrison, NJ)

6/24 - Dispatch (TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA)

6/25 - Dispatch (TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA)

6/26 - Dispatch (TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA)

7/16 - RX Bandits (Port City Music Hall, Portland, ME)

7/23 - 311/Sublime with Rome (Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA)

7/31 - John Butler Trio (State Theatre, Portland, ME)

Edited by Mansin Humanity

newest concert and what will probably be the best show of the year for me...

IGGY AND THE STOOGES!!! - Hollywood Palladium (september 7th)

so stoked to see iggy again and it will be cool seeing the raw power stuff live becuase with Ron in the band they only did the first two, weirdness and tracks from skull ring that they played on.

newest concert and what will probably be the best show of the year for me...

IGGY AND THE STOOGES!!! - Hollywood Palladium (september 7th)

so stoked to see iggy again and it will be cool seeing the raw power stuff live becuase with Ron in the band they only did the first two, weirdness and tracks from skull ring that they played on.

Extremely jealous. Iggy & The Stooges are one of the most amazing live bands I've ever seen. Sonisphere Pori, where Iggy and James did the "acoustic" set was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen live! The Raw Power songs won't disappoint, if anything, they sound better than the original album IMO.

Just back from Glasvegas in Nottingham. Thought I was gonna miss it it as my friend (who'd been pestering me for months to take her) decided she wasn't going just an hour before I set off, then changed her mind again just as I was phoning round trying to find someone else who wanted the ticket. :anger:

Was an awesome gig in the end though. Got ourselves front row, dead centre so I'm completely fuckin deaf now, but well worth it. Even shook James Allans hand afterwards :)

I saw Paul Simon in a Toronto bar on Saturday night.

Was pretty close to the front.

It was one of those nights that transcends from a gig to a truly special event.

It was superb.

Very loose and free flowing.

Still considering Slay/Zombie in July. Not worried about Slayer, but totally up for a 5th Zombie show.

Really excited for Soundgarden in July as well, along with the three U2 shows.

Other than those, nothing.

Seeing Rob Zombie/Slayer at Heavy T.O. Really excited to see Zombie at a festival, that should be a blast! I could live without seeing Slayer again, but it'll be cool to see them alongside Anthrax and Megadeth at the very least.

• 2 weeks later...