Your concerts in 2011

Powerage5

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming up... Dum Dum Girls, Best Coast, The Charlatans (acoustic), Miles Kane and I think my band are opening for some soon to be announced Big Country dates.

Say Wha....?

HMV Picture House, Edinburgh thursday 21st april, only scotland date. We've not got the support this time though. :shrugs:

Edited by Snake Eyes

Already seen the Manics at Brixton. Also have Beady Eye at the Albert Hall, Brother in Southend, Isle Of Wight festival, Take That at Wembley Stadium, and Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes (if anyone here is going to the Sunday, I'd glady meet up?). Hoping to get in a few more as well (If Coldplay, the Arctics or Kasabian tour), and maybe Chase & Status, as they're down my way.

Update :

2/25 - The Toasters (Ithaca)

3/22 - Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten (State College)

3/26 - Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten (Reading)

4/2 - Tower Of Power (Kingston)

4/3 - Tower Of Power (Markham)

4/7 - Tower Of Power (St. Catherines)

4/8 - Rush (Hershey)

4/16 - Iron Maiden (Ft. Lauderdale)

4/17 - Iron Maiden (Tampa)

4/22 - Jeff Beck (Buffalo)

4/29 - Reverend Horton Heat (Toronto)

5/10 - Reverend Horton Heat (Ithaca)

5/17 - Alice Cooper (Hamilton)

6/14 - Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (Rochester)

6/28 - Motley Crue (Toronto)

7/22 - Motley Crue (Darien Lake)

8/1 - Iron Maiden (Cardiff)

8/3 - Iron Maiden (Belfast)

8/5 - Iron Maiden (London)

8/6 - Iron Maiden (London)

Edited by Powerage5

• 2 weeks later...

Anvil is opening.

Yep, known that since it was announced. Very excited to see Anvil again, they were great when they opened for AC/DC at Gillette Stadium in '09.

Some updates/revisions/cancellations:

4/7 - Tower Of Power (St. Catherines)

4/8 - Rush (Hershey)

5/7 - Stone Temple Pilots (Rochester)

6/10 - The Toasters (Rochester)

6/16 - The Toasters (Syracuse)

6/25 - Joey Belladonna (Cleveland)

7/13 - Motley Crue (Hershey)

I'm really debating on going to Download Festival. I figure this is the best time to do it and with cheap trick, twisted sister, rob zombie, alice cooper, loaded, etc there AND it being rumored that the reunited Darkness may get added, it is really tempting. Anyone else going? Any past experiences? is it easy to get up front for bands you like, etc? I know when Cheap Trick goes on, they are like the 2nd band on I think the 2nd stage that day so I'd imagines something like that wouldn't be too hard to get up front for?

I would love to go to Download, but I have no easy or cheap way of getting to England :(

yeah it's fuckin' expensive but I figure now is the best time to do it while I still live at home and what not. The flights alone would come to about 1200 to fly out from Cali.

i'll tell you what's fucking expensive 215 british pounds for sweden rock festival and the camping site is not even included and the shit sells out year after year after year.

my concerts for 2011 are mainly festival shows. i'm going to http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?pg=17&pr=526 http://www.metaltown.se/ http://se.sonispherefestivals.com/ and big 4 in gothenburg

the show i'm looking forward to the absolute most is down at SRF, probably my third favorite band after GNR and sabbath

I'm really debating on going to Download Festival. I figure this is the best time to do it and with cheap trick, twisted sister, rob zombie, alice cooper, loaded, etc there AND it being rumored that the reunited Darkness may get added, it is really tempting. Anyone else going? Any past experiences? is it easy to get up front for bands you like, etc? I know when Cheap Trick goes on, they are like the 2nd band on I think the 2nd stage that day so I'd imagines something like that wouldn't be too hard to get up front for?

Went last year. The headliners alone would have cost more to see individually (AC/DC Rage and Aerosmith with STP Slash Motorhead etc made it hard to turn down). The headliners this year mean little to me but the rest of the lineup has alot of bands I would like to see.

Managed to get in the front five to ten rows at worst for pretty much every band I wanted to see on mainstage to be honest. The lower stages were often easier to get close to as they have a higher turnover of people leaving/arriving after bands. A surprisingly decent atmosphere aswell compared to Reading, less kids celebrating their exams on pills setting everything on fire and more people just celebrating the often legendary acts onstage.

Noticed Frank Turner and Gaslight are playing this year too - two acts I love that I didn't think would do Download as they tend to always be at Glastonbury and Reading. They will make a nice change of pace especially if the weather is good.

Edited by JAC185

I would love to go to Download, but I have no easy or cheap way of getting to England :(

yeah it's fuckin' expensive but I figure now is the best time to do it while I still live at home and what not. The flights alone would come to about 1200 to fly out from Cali.

Check flight prices every day, and book when they're really looking good. I've read about 2 months before departure is approximately when you'll pay least.

Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band (April 26th)

I am thinking about going to see the Foo Fighters and Motorhead just because the tickets are so cheap. I have heard that the Foo Fighters suck live and I only know a couple of songs. Don't know that many Motorhead songs either. So I'm not sure what to do as this point.

Check flight prices every day, and book when they're really looking good. I've read about 2 months before departure is approximately when you'll pay least.

Let me reiterate. Check flight prices EVERY DAY. I've been bringing up flights between $980 and $1030 roughly to fly into Dublin for my Maiden shows in the UK, earlier this week I scored a round trip flight for $650. One day deal, the next day the same flight was $950.

One little update from me:

4/8 - Rush (Hershey)

5/7 - Stone Temple Pilots (Rochester)

5/18 - Tower Of Power (Cleveland)

6/10 - The Toasters (Rochester)

6/16 - The Toasters (Syracuse)

6/25 - Joey Belladonna (Cleveland)

7/13 - Motley Crue (Hershey)

Received an email from a friend this morning..."just got tickets for the Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley show at DTE (Pine Knob) in Detroit in August...going?".

Didn't know about it...but Alice and Ace!!..I'm damned tempted! :shades: