Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will end up watching it, but I've just got so much TV to get through - Deadwood, The Shield, Season 4 of Breaking Bad....

Watch the shows that have already come out before you start in on a show that's still being produced.

That way you won't have to wait on a weekly basis for a new episode of Game of Thrones.

But it is a bad ass show, so long as you don't mind watching a horse have its head chopped off.

I gotta watch Deadwood too. Be nice if I can find a cheap way to watch Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. I wanted to watch Mad Men but Miser ruined it for me.

I can give you some links where you can see them for free.

I'm listening.

Started watching Vikings. So far so good.

conrad and nancy need to get it on already!!

;)

been watching Weeds on Netflix. up to season 3

conrad and nancy need to get it on already!!

Funnily enough, I just finished watching it yesterday; Series 8 is just the pits.

Indeed.... real shame how that show had to end. The last two seasons for me were brutal.

Californication: let's hope this is the last we see of Becca. God, she's so annoying!

Real talk. She's annoyed me since the show began.

I liked her in the beginning, first season, maybe second as well, that overly mature child thing, calling grown ups on their bullshit. Problem is that kind of character gets very annoying very fast as they grow up into a teenager (same with Shane from Weeds), just like in real life I suppose.

I'm currently hooked on Lost. Never saw it when it originally aired on TV. I watched the first 2 seasons in a week and just started season 3. I know about the unanswered questions and about how much of a disappointment the finale was. But still. I like it. It´s nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad though.

I'm currently hooked on Lost. Never saw it when it originally aired on TV. I watched the first 2 seasons in a week and just started season 3. I know about the unanswered questions and about how much of a disappointment the finale was. But still. I like it. It´s nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad though.

If you pretend the season 5 finale (The Incident) is the last episode then it's a pretty great show. It would have been a much better ending that the bollocks they went over in season 6.

Just finished watching the season finale of The Walking Dead and I can say I won't be tuning in for Season 4. TWD has a lot of unrealized potential and I think they just need better writers. Unlikeable characters standing around as if they were pondering over philosophical questions relating to mankind does not make for good TV. I know it's not supposed to be a videogame with zombies every 5 seconds, but I'm just bored of this turkey.

If you care much about the story it's hard to enjoy Lost because the head writer Damon Lindelof is terrible with little mitigation (also see Prometheus). It's more about interesting characters and some awesome moments and dialogue.

If you pretend the season 5 finale (The Incident) is the last episode then it's a pretty great show. It would have been a much better ending that the bollocks they went over in season 6.

Disagree with both these comments. Lost is a show that rewards close readings and questioning what you see. There are so many literary and classical references made that the show provides far more depth than almost any other show. If you have the inclination or time, I highly recommend reading Doc Jensen's column on ew.com as he provides a point by point analysis for each episode (http://www.ew.com/ew/package/roundup/0,,20313460_20315034,00.html). Like I said, the more time and effort you put into the show the more you get out of it. A surface level examination will render you opinions like those expressed above. Take the time to learn what the writers and producers are incorporating into each show and you'll get way more out it.

I thought the finale and last season was great. The show would have had no sense of finality had it ended in the fifth season. There were still tons of story lines and character issues that needed to be resolved. Yes, some episodes in the last season really tanked, but I thought the finale was awesome. Season five is a bit of a challenge, so it's good you're watching it all at once as it was difficult to follow when watching on a weekly basis.

As for Prometheus, not sure what you mean by "little mitigation." Do you mean little imagination? If that's the case, really have to disagree with you on that. Like Lost, there's a lot compacted into the script that really needs a second or third viewing. Again, like Lost, if you just want to turn your brain off and enjoy it for its action and whatnot, you're going to miss a lot of what the movie is trying to do. If you have the time, read this: http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html. I wish more tv shows and movies were made with these types of considerations in mind. It gets so boring when everything is so on the nose all the time.