Death Note

Father Ted

I Claudius

The Larry Sanders Show

Life on Mars

Misfits

The New Statesman

Strangers With Candy

I started with Life on Mars. Two episodes in and it seems interesting.

I got a few tv shows that I'll be watching over the next few months:

Archer

Ashes to Ashes

Cowboy Bebop

The Dave Chappelle Show

Death Note

Father Ted

I Claudius

The Larry Sanders Show

Life on Mars

Misfits

The New Statesman

Strangers With Candy

My name is Sam Tyler, I had an accident and woke up in 1973...

Am I mad? In a coma? or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet...

But maybe, if I can work out why, I can get home.

To those who have seen Breaking Bad:

1 - Do you think that Jesse's girlfriend in Season 2 would have run away with him when they got their hands on the near half million, or do you think that she was planning on ditching Jesse and running away with the money on her own? I was suspecting that she was going to inject Jesse, wait for him to pass out and then do a bunk, tbh.

2 - When Walt walked in and saw that she was vomiting do you think that he deliberately let her die in order to teach Jesse a harsh lesson on the dangers of drugs?

I have only finished season 2, so no spoilers later than that, please.

:)

Edited by PappyTron

1 - Do you think that Jesse's girlfriend in Season 2 would have run away with him when they got their hands on the near half million, or do you think that she was planning on ditching Jesse and running away with the money on her own? I was suspecting that she was going to inject Jesse, wait for him to pass out and then do a bunk, tbh.

2 - When Walt walked in and saw that she was vomiting do you think that he deliberately let her die in order to teach Jesse a harsh lesson on the dangers of drugs?

1. No, I think they were truly in love, especially her.

2. Walt definitely let her die on purpose! But I think he let her die because he thought she was a threat to their interests more than to teach Jesse a lesson.

I got a few tv shows that I'll be watching over the next few months:

Archer

Ashes to Ashes

Cowboy Bebop

The Dave Chappelle Show

Death Note

Father Ted

I Claudius

The Larry Sanders Show

Life on Mars

Misfits

The New Statesman

Strangers With Candy

Death Note is really good, I just recently watched it myself. Especially the first 20 or so episodes, they really breeze by like nothing.

2. Walt definitely let her die on purpose! But I think he let her die because he thought she was a threat to their interests more than to teach Jesse a lesson.

Thank you for the comments, Izzygirl!

I really wasn't sure what her intentions were as she went from being quite laid back to being aggressive towards Walt (blackmailing him) when she found out how much money was at stake. I guess that heroin after being 18 months clean can do that to a girl though. Really wouldn't have surprised me if she would have spiked Jesse's drugs and taken the money herself though! Guess I'm just cynical!

It's really interesting how Walt is portrayed - I guess that he figures that he is dying so has nothing to lose and it's fascinating watching him getting darker and darker and bolder and bolder as well. I'm really looking forward to starting Season 3 to see how he progresses!

I agree with Izzygirl to some extent. His girlfriend did love Jesse because I think she saw herself in him, but she was also a junkie who might have ran off with the money had her addiction gotten the better of her. It's tough to say but a question that in the end doesn't need much attention in terms of the show's progress.

As for whether Walt let her die on purpose, I agree again that he did so more out of his own concerns than Jesse's. Mind you, it definitely did teach Jesse a lesson and was the motivating factor in getting clean (which also benefits Walt). It was an interesting scene as you can see the two sides of Walt play out at the same time: the decent guy who does care about others (his initial reaction is to help her) versus the cold and calculating Walt who will justify any means so long as it advances his causes (once thinking it through, he stops himself and stands over her as she chokes to death). Such a great scene.

If you're only on the second season you're in for a great third season (probably the best of the series). The finale of season three has such a great payoff. Though I would recommend taking your time to get through the rest of the show as the final season doesn't start until July. If you can hold off a bit or slow down your Breaking Bad consumption the wait for the last installment won't be as long as it is for the rest of us who will wait an entire year to find out how the show ends.

Edited by downzy

I agree with Izzygirl to some extent. His girlfriend did love Jesse because I think she saw herself in him, but she was also a junkie who might have ran off with the money had her addiction gotten the better of her. It's tough to say but a question that in the end doesn't need much attention in terms of the show's progress.

As for whether Walt let her die on purpose, I agree again that he did so more out of his own concerns than Jesse's. Mind you, it definitely did teach Jesse a lesson and was the motivating factor in getting clean (which also benefits Walt). It was an interesting scene as you can see the two sides of Walt play out at the same time: the decent guy who does care about others (his initial reaction is to help her) versus the cold and calculating Walt who will justify any means so long as it advances his causes (once thinking it through, he stops himself and stands over her as she chokes to death). Such a great scene.

If you're only on the second season you're in for a great third season (probably the best of the series). The finale of season three has such a great payoff. Though I would recommend taking your time to get through the rest of the show as the final season doesn't start until July. If you can hold off a bit or slow down your Breaking Bad consumption the wait for the last installment won't be as long as it is for the rest of us who will wait an entire year to find out how the show ends.

Yeah, the wait until the show is finished is a huge reason why I never started watching the show - I really only tend to watch shows once they are all wrapped up and finished. However, I just couldn't wait any longer.

Yeah, Walt's initial reaction is to help but he then takes a very deliberate step back and watches her die (although he does shed a tear in the process!). I just wasn't sure whether his refusal to help was more to get back at her or to teach Jesse a lesson. I have an inkling as to the direction that Walt's character will take so it will be interesting in how Jesse takes a part in that. As of season 1 and most of season 2 they are the most bumbling crooks you've ever seen! Gus, on the other-hand, seems cold as ice and very calculating, although sadly I know what happens to him having seen it on Youtube a few years ago (same with Hank getting in a shootout with two Mexican brothers(?) in a parking lot).
Edited by PappyTron

Yeah, the wait until the show is finished is a huge reason why I never started watching the show - I really only tend to watch shows once they are all wrapped up and finished. However, I just couldn't wait any longer.

Yeah, Walt's initial reaction is to help but he then takes a very deliberate step back and watches her die (although he does shed a tear in the process!). I just wasn't sure whether his refusal to help was more to get back at her or to teach Jesse a lesson. I have an inkling as to the direction that Walt's character will take so it will be interesting in how Jesse takes a part in that. As of season 1 and most of season 2 they are the most bumbling crooks you've ever seen! Gus, on the other-hand, seems cold as ice and very calculating, although sadly I know what happens to him having seen it on Youtube a few years ago (same with Hank getting in a shootout with two Mexican brothers(?) in a parking lot).

You'll see as you continue to watch the show that the show's theme is really wrapped nicely in the show's title. It's a character transformation show, where Walt moves from point A to point B within himself. I don't want to ruin too much but Walt's transformation isn't limited to his morality; he gets smarter out of the laboratory. The scene of him watching Jesse's girlfriend die is only part of his character's transformation to something far more sinister. Pay particular attention to how he handles his family life and how he handles his criminal life. It becomes very interesting how his own persona starts to sway between the two.

As for the Gus part you're speaking of, you might be surprised to find out that what you saw on YouTube may or may not be what you think it means (to the character at least). There's a lot of context regarding the two scenes you've watched out of order that may still give you a surprise. I wouldn't be too concerned that too much has been ruined (especially if the clip you saw of Gus was something you saw a couple of years ago).

game of thrones season 3 in march

second half of the walking dead

are the two highlighs

Yeah, I'm looking forward to both of those. The second season of The Walking Dead was pretty weak so it was great to see a great third season. I felt they should have renamed the show "The Living Stupid" during the second season with the lack of zombies and the plethora of people making dumb decisions.

Highly recommend the show Justified to those who haven't seen it. Once you get past the first five or six episodes of the first season the story arcs are well written. Also love the characters they've developed in that show.

Archer is another show I'm looking forward to.

You'll see as you continue to watch the show that the show's theme is really wrapped nicely in the show's title. It's a character transformation show, where Walt moves from point A to point B within himself. I don't want to ruin too much but Walt's transformation isn't limited to his morality; he gets smarter out of the laboratory. The scene of him watching Jesse's girlfriend die is only part of his character's transformation to something far more sinister. Pay particular attention to how he handles his family life and how he handles his criminal life. It becomes very interesting how his own persona starts to sway between the two.

As for the Gus part you're speaking of, you might be surprised to find out that what you saw on YouTube may or may not be what you think it means (to the character at least). There's a lot of context regarding the two scenes you've watched out of order that may still give you a surprise. I wouldn't be too concerned that too much has been ruined (especially if the clip you saw of Gus was something you saw a couple of years ago).

The scene with Gus was him getting blown up by the old man in the wheelchair so it may not have been a couple of years ago that I saw it. Either way, I found him interesting from the moment that he first appeared, especially his lines to Walt of "You are not like me; you are not a careful man" and "You can never trust a junkie".

I see what you mean with the development of Walt's inner feelings and thought processes. There are a lot of points, just in the first couple of seasons which are real standout points - him letting the girl die, letting Walt Junior get drunk and chewing out Hank to return the tequila, his telling his old flame "fuck you" and getting pleasure from it, telling the meth teenager to "stay out of my territory"..man, the list goes on! Obviously the main arc is that he started cooking the meth to provide for his family but it's obvious that now he just likes doing it and I predict that very soon he will get a very big buzz from being a Mister Big. We shall see.

Thanks Downzy.

Edited by PappyTron

I love when people start watching Breaking Bad and discover its greatness. I wish I could erase it from my memory and re-watch it. It's that damn good.

Agreed, I feel the same about The Wire but at the same time everytime I rewatch The Wire I pick up on things I missed several times before

I love when people start watching Breaking Bad and discover its greatness. I wish I could erase it from my memory and re-watch it. It's that damn good.

Agreed, I feel the same about The Wire but at the same time everytime I rewatch The Wire I pick up on things I missed several times before

This was in the latest episode of Family Guy and, as a huge fan of both shows, I thought it was very accurate. :lol:

This was in the latest episode of Family Guy and, as a huge fan of both shows, I thought it was very accurate. :lol:

Lol!!!!