VR feat. Axl Rose

fumardude

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

BUMP! Really old thread I just have a quick question...

:xmasschef:

Do any of you have this 5agge album thing to download? I really want a download of it if any of you could upload it for a brother?!

(I can't use .RAR files as no Winzip so don't bother if it's not MP3s or a torrent)

Thanks

You can download WinRAR for free. It's technically a "demo" but even after the time runs out it still works. ;)

EVENTUALLY it stopped working for me though. I thought I cheated the system and I was all like :xmasssanta: :ph34r: but then it stopped working so I was all like :anger:

This happened twice (two different computers). I'll try again. Either way. Someone upload!!

7zip is a free program I've been using for several years. It has no ads, requires almost no CPU, and never once did it not do a perfect job of either zipping or extracting. It won't create a rar file, but it sure will extract one.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Also, you can find all of 5agge's stuff on gunsnfnroses.com in the media section (requires log in).

I never heard these before. Thank you, original poster.

You know, I've long been an advocate for them to suck it up and make a business relationship work. Just see each other in the rehearsal room and on the stage, then retreat from each other to the four corners of the globe until the next rehearsal or performance for all I care. But I slowly began to really appreciate their respective solo and spin-off bands as their own entities and began to think maybe it was for the best. Now I hear these. And though, I still respect and appreciate their other bands as their own entities, no, it is not for the best, at least not in the best interest of the music. That guitar and bass and those vocals are just meant to be. If those songs were written and structured to go together, they would be perfect. I actually do like them together better than I like them apart. Axl and Slash and Duff... they just make magic. If that magic even slips through into the creative work of some guy (very talented in his own right, by the way; good job if you are reading this) splicing two different songs together... well, fuck, I want the real Guns n' Roses back together. No offense current Guns or current Slash solo band or Loaded or VR, etc., I'm a fan of all those, too, and you sure as hell have put out some great albums and performances, all of you, but it just doesn't touch the real McCoy.

I quite liked the second Snakepit album, with the exception of the lead singer, who is unfortunately just not very good. This song in particular always makes me wonder what Axl would have done with it, probably taken it to a whole other level as a great song:

I quite liked the second Snakepit album, with the exception of the lead singer, who is unfortunately just not very good. This song in particular always makes me wonder what Axl would have done with it, probably taken it to a whole other level as a great song:

I always felt that felt like a UYI song that Axl was opposed to. It has the horns, the band, a similar sound (albeit more unpolished), etc. Decent song, but severely lacking Axl's vocals. It would've been great.

Wow! thanks for posting! i had never seen these. dont get me wrong I love chinese and slashes solo album more than any other records in the past 3 or more years but these are great works. Not perfect but a nice notch in a different direction. take them for what they are and enjoy. i did

**edit** anyone have links to these for download? I tried to find something but couldn't

Edited by alaskagunner

Axl would have scrapped it and told Slash they wouldn't be using it. I think that was at the heart of the breakup.