MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

i was planning to read this entire topic, but since the board's in limbo and might go down any second now i figured i'd get my shit over with

really bummed to see mygnr go, even though i've been one of the more anonymous posters on here. lots of good times over the years! your posts have all touched me. they've touched me in my bathing suit

see ya~

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad day indeed. I remember stumbaling accross this site back when i was in college and should of be doing computer programming but insted was going on GNR sites. Good times. Seen the band live last year and was blown away. Just glad i can say i was here

One more for the road. Joined back in high school, anticipating any nugget of news about Axl, CD, the new band. This site was my home page since I found it and until CD was finally released. With this place gone I'll probably drop out of the loop altogether, having no idea if and when any significant gnr news is happening. I refuse to go to htgth, and I don't think any of the smaller forums can fill the gap, unless there's a consensus on which one to join by the majority of posters here. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

It's been a good ride, mygnrforum.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

wow been here myself for 8 years and fair enough i havent really been here in recent only cause there is nothing to really post about

but ill be sad to c the fourm go had some good times on here years ago few good laughs

I started visiting this forum last year...it's a shame its closing .... i hope someone buys its to keep it alive :) ... i didn´t posted too much but i came here often and enjoyed a lot reading this forum...good bye and thanks for everything!

FYI, right now at 04:00h a.m. 17Apr2011 MYGNRFORUM.COM is still available in Shenzhen, China. Chairman Mao still wants to sterylise Axl though for stealing his Brasilian housekeeper(Whoops, I hope they are not monitoring my internet.....I'm in the Hilton Plaza comrades).

I woke up to the e-mail announcement from Eric yesterday. I was hungover from a day-long drinking session and at first I thought I was dreaming.

I've been visiting this site on an almost daily basis since early 2005. I remember browsing the forum during a computer class at high school when I should have been doing work.

I can't really put into words what this forum means to me. I think it's extremely sad to see what has become of it, and sadder still that the band was never able to understand that the Internet fan forums are a large part of the reason there's still any interest left in a band that generally doesn't put out records, tour, or do interviews/media appearances. I know if I hadn't been able to find a fan forum to discuss the band I probably would have lost a lot of interest years ago in both Chinese Democracy and the new lineup.

And I can understand Eric's position. It must suck to spend countless hours and money out of your own pocket to run a fan-forum, only to have the band and its "family" express disdain -- and then find yourself being hit with cease-and-desist papers for something out of your control. As HV said, it was extremely unnecessary -- and a big slap in the face.

Losing this forum feels a bit like losing a part of my life, as strange as that sounds. I'm going to miss many posters here. Anyone who wants to keep in touch just send me a PM and I can add you on Facebook.

I'll leave you all with the wise words of Charles Grodin in Midnight Run:

"Take care. I'll see you in the next life."

Edited by Estranged Reality

I woke up to the e-mail announcement from Eric yesterday. I was hungover from a day-long drinking session and at first I thought I was dreaming.

I've been visiting this site on an almost daily basis since early 2005. I remember browsing the forum during a computer class at high school when I should have been doing work.

I can't really put into words what this forum means to me. I think it's extremely sad to see what has become of it, and sadder still that the band was never able to understand that the Internet fan forums are a large part of the reason there's still any interest left in a band that generally doesn't put out records, tour, or do interviews/media appearances. I know if I hadn't been able to find a fan forum to discuss the band I probably would have lost a lot of interest years ago in both Chinese Democracy and the new lineup.

And I can understand Eric's position. It must suck to spend countless hours and money out of your own pocket to run a fan-forum, only to have the band and its "family" express disdain and then be hit with cease-and-desist papers for something out of your control.

Losing this forum feels a bit like losing a part of my life, as strange as that sounds. I'm going to miss many posters here. Anyone who wants to keep in touch just send me a PM and I can add you on Facebook.

I'll leave you all with the wise words of Charles Grodin in Midnight Run:

"Take care. I'll see you in the next life."

:(

You're right.

Edited by Spoon87

Looks like this place means alot to alot of people.

it sure does. i've been checking in here several times a day, every day since november 09. not much, but still alot to me. i cant imagine how people who have been here since like 2002-2003 feel about this.

What's the deal? Thought the place would be dead by now...

LA

yeah, this is bothering me too. he said he would close the forum yesterday so he should have closed it yesterday. no point in keeping this open, everything is mayhem now. it's been enough

ps, gunsguy: check your status comments

Edited by henfjel