Appetite >>> Chinese?

Guest NGOG

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFD is an overall better album than Chinese, no doubts about that, the album is simply epic, sincere and raw as hell. But that doesn't take away any credit from Chinese Democracy, which is a whole different kind of genius, it's a more artistic and lyrically rich album, much more emotional and a much darker album than AFD. However, AFD is one of the best true rock n roll albums out there. Saying the best song on Chinese is worst than the worst in Appetite though is ridiculous.

Chinese Democracy < Welcome To The Jungle (Chinese is a GREAT song, but Jungle is an anthem)

Shackler's Revenge = It's So Easy

Better < Nightrain (same thing as with Chinese and Jungle, Nightrain is superior but Better is also fucking genius)

Street Of Dreams = Out Ta Get Me

If The World > Mr.Brownstone (I just love ITW)

There Was A Time < Paradise City (Even though TWAT is better than anything other than Paradise, Jungle and SCOM)

Catcher In The Rye > My Michelle (matter of taste)

Scraped < Think About You (here by far)

Riad N' The Bedouins <<<< Sweet Child O' Mine (no fucking comparison)

Sorry > You're Crazy

IRS >> Anything Goes

This I Love < Prostitute < Rocket Queen

My view.

Axl wanted to have the type of debut album success Boston had. And just like Chinese Democracy took years, so did Third Stage.

But when you hear the beginning of "Night Train", don't you think of Will Ferrell?

GNR's music from AFD is played at every sporting event, and their other songs like Brownstone wind up being someone's bumper music on their radio or TV show.

^^ Hahaha

When I hear Nightrain I think of party, destruction and sex... rock2

Like almost any other song of that album (exception of SCOM), It is just so fucking cool.. And everytime I think of that, I just realize it all over again..

Its just perfect.. Perfect I tell ya !!

1. "Chinese Democracy" (< "Welcome to the Jungle")

2. "Shackler's Revenge" (> "It's so Easy")

3. "Better" (> "Nightrain")

4. "Street of Dreams" (> "Out Ta Get Me")

5. "If the World" (> "Mr. Brownstone")

6. "There Was A Time" (> "Paradise City")

7. "Catcher in the Rye" (> "My Michelle")

8. "Sorry" (> "Think About You")

9. "IRS" (< "Sweet Child O' Mine)

10. "Madagascar" (> "You're Crazy")

11. "This I Love" (> "Anything Goes")

12. "Prostitute" (> "Rocket Queen")

10 x 2.

1. "Chinese Democracy" (< "Welcome to the Jungle")

2. "Shackler's Revenge" (< "It's so Easy")

3. "Better" (< "Nightrain")

4. "Street of Dreams" (> "Out Ta Get Me")

5. "If the World" (< "Mr. Brownstone")

6. "There Was A Time" (> "Paradise City")

7. "Catcher in the Rye" (< "My Michelle")

8. "Sorry" (> "Think About You")

9. "IRS" (< "Sweet Child O' Mine)

10. "Madagascar" (> "You're Crazy")

11. "This I Love" (< "Anything Goes")

12. "Prostitute" (= "Rocket Queen")

AFD: 7

CD: 4

Just enjoy the music and don´t ever compare a 1987 record to a 2008 one from a totally different band.

I'll say it one more time... I'm not trying to compare or contrast "Chinese Democracy" with "Appetite. I'm simply asking users to check off their twelve strongest "Chinese" against the twelve "Appetite" untouchables... to illustrate the reality "Appetite" isn't as far and beyond as some would like to think.

I agree with this,we are in different times,and the music scene is nowhere near what it was when AFD was released,CD is multifaceted and holds its own imo!

I agree with this,we are in different times,and the music scene is nowhere near what it was when AFD was released,CD is multifaceted and holds its own imo!

But we still have ears don't we? I don't need anybody to tell me what decade it is to know if I like a tune or not.

But we still have ears don't we? I don't need anybody to tell me what decade it is to know if I like a tune or not.

I hope you still have ears! And the statement I made was my opinion,I don't need charts,critics or radio play to tell me if I like the music or not,I liked AFD and also like CD,I'm not a fan of what is considered mainstream music these days,they can keep lady Gaga and Bieber,I don't care for that at all.

If people are picking songs like Better and There Was A Time over Nightrain and Paradise City, they aren't Guns N' Roses fans. Period.

How arrogant of you. Your opinion is no more important or valid than any other persons. Paradise City is one of my least favorite GnR songs. I've been a fan since 1987, seen them in concert several times, and have supported the old band and new band for almost 25 years. But according to you, I'm not a "fan. Period." Because I don't like one song that you do?

If people are picking songs like Better and There Was A Time over Nightrain and Paradise City, they aren't Guns N' Roses fans. Period.

there aint many guns n roses fans here anyway' just axl rose fans' who wont admit cd is a failure' trying to say its better than appetite is like comparing chalk n cheese' i'd really like to know what drugs most of you are on' when it comes to judging good music alot of you are certainlt at the end of the queue when god dished out taste glands

there aint many guns n roses fans here anyway' just axl rose fans' who wont admit cd is a failure' trying to say its better than appetite is like comparing chalk n cheese' i'd really like to know what drugs most of you are on' when it comes to judging good music alot of you are certainlt at the end of the queue when god dished out taste glands

Or maybe we are just a bunch of Gn'R fans with a different opinion than yours.

there aint many guns n roses fans here anyway' just axl rose fans' who wont admit cd is a failure' trying to say its better than appetite is like comparing chalk n cheese' i'd really like to know what drugs most of you are on' when it comes to judging good music alot of you are certainly at the end of the queue when god dished out taste glands

this aint gnr its axl rose' if he released a cover of remember your a womble you'd say it was good

there aint many guns n roses fans here anyway' just axl rose fans' who wont admit cd is a failure' trying to say its better than appetite is like comparing chalk n cheese' i'd really like to know what drugs most of you are on' when it comes to judging good music alot of you are certainly at the end of the queue when god dished out taste glands

this aint gnr its axl rose' if he released a cover of remember your a womble you'd say it was good

Actually it IS Guns n Roses. Not our fault that you are still stuck in 1990.

And how funny is it that you are spending time posting on a forum of a band you don't like? Makes you a bit of a clown....

And no. That is the difference between Axl and Slash fans. Slash could do a duet with Justin Bieber and Kesha and the Slash-Lovers would gush over it, say he was just doing it because he is a guitar player who loves to play, etc. Axl fans will tell you when their favorite singer does something they don't like. You can find hundreds of posts on here of people saying they hate Rhiad, or Scraped, or that the last album was overproduced, they hate the lack of communication and Axl coming onto stage late all the time.

Axl fans aren't afraid to say negative things about him.

Now go grab your 1987 copy of Appetite and turn it up loud....and then log onto a forum of a band that you enjoy listening to.

And how funny is it that you are spending time posting on a forum of a band you don't like? Makes you a bit of a clown....

And no. That is the difference between Axl and Slash fans. Slash could do a duet with Justin Bieber and Kesha and the Slash-Lovers would gush over it, say he was just doing it because he is a guitar player who loves to play, etc. Axl fans will tell you when their favorite singer does something they don't like. You can find hundreds of posts on here of people saying they hate Rhiad, or Scraped, or that the last album was overproduced, they hate the lack of communication and Axl coming onto stage late all the time.

Now go grab your 1987 copy of Appetite and turn it up loud....and then log onto a forum of a band that you enjoy listening to.

you weren't there in 1987 though were you?

so you dont know what your talking about

any real guns fan will tell you' its fuckin heartbreaking watching this cover band butcher these songs' he said he wanted to bury appetite & he aint he's still flogging the dead horse over 20 years later' lack of radio play shows how good this band are' i remember watching a video on youtube were they were at a festival' people were leaving in droves when they came on lol

your right though' i'll stay in the anything goes & my world section' cos your all blind & stone deaf in this section'

Edited by lawrence

any real guns fan will tell you' its fuckin heartbreaking watching this cover band butcher these songs' he said he wanted to bury appetite & he aint he's still flogging the dead horse over 20 years later' lack of radio play shows how good this band are' i remember watching a video on youtube were they were at a festival' people were leaving in droves when they came on lol

your right though' i'll stay in the anything goes & my world section' cos your all blind & stone deaf in this section'

Actually, I was there in 1987. I remember the first time I heard Jungle on Headbangers Ball. And then the first time I heard the entire album - cruising around in a friend's car. In 1987. So yes, I've been there since day one.

And no. As much as you want to believe it - you don't speak for "all guns n roses fans." Just because you believe something a lot doesn't make it true.

Hahaha - your way to judge how good a band is by how much radio play they get and by watching youtube videos???? Nice. Maybe next year your mom will let you actually go to a concert and then you can judge the music live and in person, rather than by what you saw on youtube!!!

Yes. Anybody who likes the new band must be "blind and stone deaf." Or, we could just appreciate the MUSIC - and we don't base our musical likes on the name of a band, who is in a band, how many radio plays they get per hour and what we see on youtube.

I feel sorry for people like you. I enjoy all kinds of music. I love the old band. Still listen to appetite, lies and illusions on a weekly basis. I also love many songs on chinese democracy. I can't imagine not liking a band or the songs they put out because I was mad at what happened between a couple band members 20 years ago. That is pretty lame.

There's no reason to really argue. It's all an opinion.

I think Nightrain is a very good song on AFD, but IMO the new band does the best version.

Other than that, it's really very opinionated and I have no clue why people compare AFD to Chinese Democracy. It's like comparing Pink Floyd's The Wall to AC/DC's Back in Black. To totally different band's and styles.

What an arrogant douchebag. Who do you think you are to come here and tell us what "real good music" is? A real fan? You're just a butthurt cupcake. Quit pestering :fuckyou:

What an arrogant douchebag. Who do you think you are to come here and tell us what "real good music" is? A real fan? You're just a butthurt cupcake. Quit pestering :fuckyou:

been here years have you?

I hope you still have ears! And the statement I made was my opinion,I don't need charts,critics or radio play to tell me if I like the music or not,I liked AFD and also like CD,I'm not a fan of what is considered mainstream music these days,they can keep lady Gaga and Bieber,I don't care for that at all.

I don't get what you're saying here. First you tell me that it's a different climate in music nowadays (which is why CD and AFD can't be compared) and then you tell me that you, like me, don't need anybody else to tell you why something is good? These two opinions can't really share the same seat according to me.

And for the record, I really do like CD as well, I consider TWAT to be one of the best songs ever, it's just that I consider AFD to be better. Nothing wrong in that, I don't expect any band to ever beat AFD, and I really don't need G n' R to beat it, I'll still enjoy everything they put out!