Appetite >>> Chinese?

Guest NGOG

If people are picking songs like Better and There Was A Time over Nightrain and Paradise City, they aren't Guns N' Roses fans. Period.

there aint many guns n roses fans here anyway' just axl rose fans' who wont admit cd is a failure' trying to say its better than appetite is like comparing chalk n cheese' i'd really like to know what drugs most of you are on' when it comes to judging good music alot of you are certainly at the end of the queue when god dished out taste glands

Or maybe we are just a bunch of Gn'R fans with a different opinion than yours.

this aint gnr its axl rose' if he released a cover of remember your a womble you'd say it was good

Actually it IS Guns n Roses. Not our fault that you are still stuck in 1990.

And how funny is it that you are spending time posting on a forum of a band you don't like? Makes you a bit of a clown....

And no. That is the difference between Axl and Slash fans. Slash could do a duet with Justin Bieber and Kesha and the Slash-Lovers would gush over it, say he was just doing it because he is a guitar player who loves to play, etc. Axl fans will tell you when their favorite singer does something they don't like. You can find hundreds of posts on here of people saying they hate Rhiad, or Scraped, or that the last album was overproduced, they hate the lack of communication and Axl coming onto stage late all the time.

Axl fans aren't afraid to say negative things about him.

Now go grab your 1987 copy of Appetite and turn it up loud....and then log onto a forum of a band that you enjoy listening to.

you weren't there in 1987 though were you?

so you dont know what your talking about

any real guns fan will tell you' its fuckin heartbreaking watching this cover band butcher these songs' he said he wanted to bury appetite & he aint he's still flogging the dead horse over 20 years later' lack of radio play shows how good this band are' i remember watching a video on youtube were they were at a festival' people were leaving in droves when they came on lol

your right though' i'll stay in the anything goes & my world section' cos your all blind & stone deaf in this section'

What an arrogant douchebag. Who do you think you are to come here and tell us what "real good music" is? A real fan? You're just a butthurt cupcake. Quit pestering :fuckyou:

been here years have you?

So basically you're saying that you are an old man that can't grow up. A little on the immature side huh pops?

Get a load of this guy, the new band ain't no good 'cause grampa Larry says so.

Give me a fucking break. Grow the fuck up, act your age, and quit trolling forums of a band you don't like. You are nothing more than a pathetic relic that can't accept change.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are picking songs like Better and There Was A Time over Nightrain and Paradise City, they aren't Guns N' Roses fans. Period.

there aint many guns n roses fans here anyway' just axl rose fans' who wont admit cd is a failure' trying to say its better than appetite is like comparing chalk n cheese' i'd really like to know what drugs most of you are on' when it comes to judging good music alot of you are certainly at the end of the queue when god dished out taste glands

this aint gnr its axl rose' if he released a cover of remember your a womble you'd say it was good

And how funny is it that you are spending time posting on a forum of a band you don't like? Makes you a bit of a clown....

And no. That is the difference between Axl and Slash fans. Slash could do a duet with Justin Bieber and Kesha and the Slash-Lovers would gush over it, say he was just doing it because he is a guitar player who loves to play, etc. Axl fans will tell you when their favorite singer does something they don't like. You can find hundreds of posts on here of people saying they hate Rhiad, or Scraped, or that the last album was overproduced, they hate the lack of communication and Axl coming onto stage late all the time.

Now go grab your 1987 copy of Appetite and turn it up loud....and then log onto a forum of a band that you enjoy listening to.

any real guns fan will tell you' its fuckin heartbreaking watching this cover band butcher these songs' he said he wanted to bury appetite & he aint he's still flogging the dead horse over 20 years later' lack of radio play shows how good this band are' i remember watching a video on youtube were they were at a festival' people were leaving in droves when they came on lol

your right though' i'll stay in the anything goes & my world section' cos your all blind & stone deaf in this section'

What an arrogant douchebag. Who do you think you are to come here and tell us what "real good music" is? A real fan? You're just a butthurt cupcake. Quit pestering :fuckyou:

So basically you're saying that you are an old man that can't grow up. A little on the immature side huh pops?

Give me a fucking break. Grow the fuck up, act your age, and quit trolling forums of a band you don't like. You are nothing more than a pathetic relic that can't accept change.

Exactly.

And why do people even care what music other people like? Weird.

I'm 40 and have been a fan since 1987, before Guns were popular. I love Appetite, Lies, Illusions and some of SI. And I also love most of Chinese Democracy.

My son is 17 and has also seen the new band live. And him and his buddies love Appetite, Lies, Illusions and Chinese Democracy.

It's OK to like the new band and the old band.

WHO cares how long anyone has been here? That DOES NOT make you "King fan." It is a mute point really.

When guns were big back int the 90's I swore I was the biggest fan on the planet, then I noticed fuck! others like them just as much too. None of it mattered.

Groghan has the right idea it is ok to like both albums, or any members of the band old or new, it doesn't have to be one against the other at all.

If it was not for original Guns most of us would not be here I am sure, however I look forward to see what Guns N' Roses is and will be now.

Is it different, sure it is but I am also 20 years older too.

Saing on song is better than another is not a sure fire answer, it is your opinion is all. What I like you may not or visa versa :shrugs:

ANyway for me I am a fan of all of it, I have every member of this band on my wall, past and present. Does that make me any better of less of a fan? Of course not!

Edited by gunsguy

it's a thin line, but nobody really walks it.

I loved the old band, I love the new band.

I love all the old albums...and I love Chinese Democracy.

It isn't a competition. It isn't an insult to anybody if you love any incarnation of the band, or any of the albums.

It's music. To be enjoyed. And if you don't like a band or a singer or an album - thank God there are a thousand other bands to choose from. But to come to a forum and constantly post negative comments about a band you don't like....just makes no sense to me.

it's a thin line, but nobody really walks it.

I loved the old band, I love the new band.

I love all the old albums...and I love Chinese Democracy.

It isn't a competition. It isn't an insult to anybody if you love any incarnation of the band, or any of the albums.

It's music. To be enjoyed. And if you don't like a band or a singer or an album - thank God there are a thousand other bands to choose from. But to come to a forum and constantly post negative comments about a band you don't like....just makes no sense to me.

Exactly!

WHO cares how long anyone has been here? That DOES NOT make you "King fan." It is a mute point really.

When guns were big back int the 90's I swore I was the biggest fan on the planet, then I noticed fuck! others like them just as much too. None of it mattered.

Groghan has the right idea it is ok to like both albums, or any members of the band old or new, it doesn't have to be one against the other at all.

If it was not for original Guns most of us would not be here I am sure, however I look forward to see what Guns N' Roses is and will be now.

Saing on song is better than another is not a sure fire answer, it is your opinion is all. What I like you may not or visa versa :shrugs:

ANyway for me I am a fan of all of it, I have every member of this band on my wall, past and present. Does that make me any better of less of a fan? Of course not!

THIS!

THIS!

I have every single Guns Album that has been released,and I like them all! I'm not a fan of Miles or Fergie covering Guns songs,but I love AFD,Lies,Illusions,as well as CD! And I am looking forward to maybe hearing a new song at RIR,but I'm also looking forward to hearing a few classics in the mix! :)

Exactly. we are all here for one reason.

Guns N' Roses.

Old or new, it doesn't matter. We all have one thing in comman.

i'm an old man who had the pleasure of real gnr' i beleive this is called mygnrforum.com' as for me being an old man lol' whats axl then ? seems you like old relics' especially a relic primadonna who only hires guitarists who wanna be slash'

Edited by lawrence

i'm an old man who had the pleasure of real gnr' i beleive this is called mygnrforum.com' as for me being an old man lol' whats axl then ? seems you like old relics

Chalk another one up to your lack of maturity.

They even made a section of the forum for people like you, but that just wasn't good enough.

Real men don't cupcake. So either you're nowhere near as old as you claim, or you ate a few too many paint chips as a child.

When I listen to music, I enjoy knowing the manner in which it was made. To me it adds to the flavour, knowing the inspiration and the circumstances it came about in. Appetite is full of sleaze and rebellion, it's basically an album that should never have seen the light of day. The 5 guys were all completely fucked up at the time, yet managed to put together something that oozed originality and swagger. The intricate way that Izzy and Slash almost traded off riffs, produced something seriously special in my eyes considering the circumstances they were in.

Chi Dem has some wonderful hooks, licks and melodies, but thats where it ends for me. Individually for the artists involved it is a great score of music, but it just doesn't seem to fuse together in the way that Appetite did. There was a hidden quality in some of the sloppiness inside it that made GNR real, and something you can identify with. Chi Dem just doesn't have that. Perhaps this is because I am a musician myself, and I look at music with a completely different perspective than the average listener. Chi Dem is without a doubt much more technically advanced when trying to play along with it, but damn playing appetite stuff is just so much more FUN.

i'm an old man who had the pleasure of real gnr' i beleive this is called mygnrforum.com' as for me being an old man lol' whats axl then ? seems you like old relics' especially a relic primadonna who only hires guitarists who wanna be slash'

Haha biggest fucking cupcake on the board!! You're making a joke of yourself, man... pathetic! If you had any brain tissue, you'd be able to get it through your head that it's been decades, you're not gonna get anything else from the original formation, ever again! If you don't like the new band, go find something else to do with your time! Do you really expect to find anything new related to the original formation here? It's over, buddy! And people have different opinions, you like generic blues-based riff rock n' roll, some people like nuGnR, stop and think about what you're saying! Go see slash with that disco ball top hat playing SCOM with the Black Eyed Peas on youtube! That's always fun!

Guest siliconmessiah

This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better.

(Although I can agree on the silly part that Axl employs a Slash-caricature as a guitarist. Other than that, I find no problem enjoying the music from both old and new.)

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I actually think knocking around here ridiculing just about any "new" Guns action in the farcical hope your "thorn in the side" persistency will engineer a reunion is the conduct of a knob.

This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better. This is better. No, this is better.

(Although I can agree on the silly part that Axl employs a Slash-caricature as a guitarist. Other than that, I find no problem enjoying the music from both old and new.)

LOL :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

No, this is better:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Chewbacca

Hi kids. See, there's this thing called "genres."

Comparing things from different genres results in incongruent extrapolated results.

Chinese Democracy wasn't trying to sound like an 80's hard rock album.

AFD wasn't trying to sound like a progressive rock album.

People will have different opinions and different perceptions, but ultimately it will devolve into an internet pissing match.

What is interesting is to see all the vehement angry pro-[insert some old lineup here] people continue to hang around this particular board, y'know, the current GNR happenings & news section board. Hmmm