After listening to the new SIXX AM album...

SlashFinck666

I've changed my initial opinion and think that this album was pretty bad overall. I was into that Lies of the Beautiful People song or whatever it was called. Thinking if Axl was on it, it would be a great song. I think the album sounds pretty generic overall though. Still have high hopes for DJ writing with Axl for the next album though. Axl calls the shots, and I think DJ gets how to play the GNR style better than any other new GNR guitarist.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Axl isn't writing with DJAshba what a generic crock of shit that album is.Nugnr fans surely can't think that DJASHBA is capable of writing great GnR songs.Not one memorable riff or song in sight.Makes Slash's solo album look as good as Appetite.Nugnr is surely dead if Axl writes any songs with DJ

I have to agree. It's a huge disappointment because I liked the first one so much. I can't blame it all on Cashba but he certainly does nothing to help things out.

I think Dj would provide the sound, riffs and solos for Axl's songs, a bit like Slash did. I don't know who wrote what but I like This Is Gonna hurt, Beautiful People, Are You With Me.

maybe Dj is the new Buckethead for Axl I don't know.

Holy wow. So much venom on this site! It's a decent album, with a couple of good songs, everyone calm the hell down.

Dj will do what Axl needs him to do, it's going to be a different album.

Anyway who are we kidding? There will be at least 3 generations of band before we CD II.

Edited by DeadSlash

I really hope Axl isn't writing with DJAshba what a generic crock of shit that album is.Nugnr fans surely can't think that DJASHBA is capable of writing great GnR songs.Not one memorable riff or song in sight.Makes Slash's solo album look as good as Appetite.Nugnr is surely dead if Axl writes any songs with DJ

:D

The part DJ plays in the band is that he fills the hole of the "completely necessary" third guitar player in the band.

"I had no idea I was on Axl's radar. He told me, 'I've been following your career for 10 years."

The reality is, whether you like it or not, Dj Ashba is 2010’s Buckethead (in terms of importance to Axl). Bumblefoot and Fortus are the secondary and tertiary guitarists respectively.

No, this is not reality, this is an assumption. Just like someone said, Axl probably is following a lot of musicians. "Following" someone's career doesn't necessarily mean anything. If Ashba was the real deal, why, in 2004, Axl wanted Bucket, and then Ron, and then Bucket and finally Ron again on board instead of the "completely necessary" guitar player? He even asked Satch who he'd recommend to be in the band and that wouldn't happen by any means if Ashba was the real deal. That just doesn't feel right - by any means. Instead he's got Paul Huge, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Buckethead and Ron on the past 10 plus years.

Regarding this thread, well, I doubt about Axl's ability to pick the right guy for sure. He was following Ashba, right, but why not Ron's pal Guthrie Govan? *HE* and Ron are the real deal. Why wasn't Axl following Buckethead's idol Shawn Lane (Rest in Peace, Shawn)? Or Mattias Eklundh?

Guest axleu

"Nugnr fans surely can't think that DJASHBA is capable of writing great GnR songs."

Sorry, but based on the awesome first Beautiful creatures album, I know DJ can write fuckin' good rock songs.

"Nugnr fans surely can't think that DJASHBA is capable of writing great GnR songs."

Sorry, but based on the awesome first Beautiful creatures album, I know DJ can write fuckin' good rock songs.

Agree, man! Plus, if you compare Saints Of Los Angeles with New Tattoo, you'll see the difference he made by producing the album. In the new SIXX:AM album, my guess is all he really must've done are some guitar parts and if you stop and listen to the guitar parts, they sound awesome. I really enjoy his solos.

The best thing about SIXX:AM's new album is DJ's solos. The songwriting is mostly average, but there are some really cool solos on the record which saves the album for me.

I think DJ is talented and has a lot more potential than the work he's done with SIXX:AM.

The best thing about SIXX:AM's new album is DJ's solos. The songwriting is mostly average, but there are some really cool solos on the record which saves the album for me.

I think DJ is talented and has a lot more potential than the work he's done with SIXX:AM.

compared to Beautiful Creatures, there are very few solos on the latest Sixx:AM

Edited by DrDrei

I don't care what anyone says, I fucking LOVED that first Beautiful Creatures album when I first heard it.

his solos are awful as i said before all the gear no idea

I don't care what anyone says, I fucking LOVED that first Beautiful Creatures album when I first heard it.

hey, I also love the first Beautiful Creatures album

all I'm saying is that there are more solos, and they are much better that the ones on "This Is Gonna Hurt" by Sixx:AM

is Beautiful Creature more like GNR than Sixx Am?

I don't know, but if you like Ashba's solos, you should definetely give it a try

of course the first BC album, Ashba didn't play on the second one