The U.S. tour is selling miserably....

Nick85

Axl don't seem to care, so fuck it, just as long as the tour doesn't get cancelled due to the poor ticket sales.

That's what concerns me. Clear Channel wasn't above pulling the plug in 2002, and I still suspect that poor ticket sales had to do with axing some of the shows in 06 & early 07.

I think the 2 riots had a lot to do with it.

Yes, I agree about the 2 fucking riots. :fuckyou: They most certainly didn't help. :anger:

And just what the fuck is all of this goddamned nonsense with the fucking this guy's a fucking cupcake and that fucking guy's a fucking cupcake and the other fucking dude that's hiding behind the obstructed view concrete post is just a fucking cupcake that's fucking trolling better than all of the other cupcakes fucking horse-shit anyway??? You're all fucking :crazy: man...

Give this fucking cupcake shit up once and for all people. Am I the only one that realizes that Charlie fucking Sheen killed the whole use of the fucking word cupcake by his overuse/misuse of the goddamned fucking word or fucking what??? :devil:

Fucking un-fucking-believable..... :shock:

You really should have added a few more f bombs to drive the point home...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl don't seem to care, so fuck it, just as long as the tour doesn't get cancelled due to the poor ticket sales.

That's what concerns me. Clear Channel wasn't above pulling the plug in 2002, and I still suspect that poor ticket sales had to do with axing some of the shows in 06 & early 07.

I think the 2 riots had a lot to do with it.

Yes, I agree about the 2 fucking riots. :fuckyou: They most certainly didn't help. :anger:

And just what the fuck is all of this goddamned nonsense with the fucking this guy's a fucking cupcake and that fucking guy's a fucking cupcake and the other fucking dude that's hiding behind the obstructed view concrete post is just a fucking cupcake that's fucking trolling better than all of the other cupcakes fucking horse-shit anyway??? You're all fucking :crazy: man...

Give this fucking cupcake shit up once and for all people. Am I the only one that realizes that Charlie fucking Sheen killed the whole use of the fucking word cupcake by his overuse/misuse of the goddamned fucking word or fucking what??? :devil:

Fucking un-fucking-believable..... :shock:

Lenny, are u back?

I think if they do a song on two on a latenight talk show. snl, david letterman, or jimmy fallon would be perfect. people would notice how good they sound. they would also see how awesome the band is. IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS!!!!!

If the record company cut GNR off in 2004', would that make their contract null and void.

Why have a record contract if the record company won't back yOur records?

I don't claim to know much about this subject, but someone is draggin ass somewhere.

I am pretty sure the record company can cut off funding whenever they want and release what ever is completed at that point so I don't think Axl had any choice at that point........

Agree

I was thinking more along the lines of future releases.

Like if universal cut GNR off from 2004 and on and are still holding out,could that get them out of owing universal any recordings, therefor terminating the contract , because they felt they could no longer back Guns.

Does that make sense?

So guns could be without a record company and management and thAts why no music.

This is only a long shot theory, but does anyone know for certain they are still under contract.?

If the record company cut GNR off in 2004', would that make their contract null and void.

Why have a record contract if the record company won't back yOur records?

I don't claim to know much about this subject, but someone is draggin ass somewhere.

To pressure Axl into reuniting with his former bandmates. Marc Canter mentioned this on another forum. Azoff also pulled the same stunt during/after the release of Chinese Democracy which was outlined in the legal files to the trial. It is an ugly mess, probably why we do not have Chidem II yet....

"The record Co. wanted a reunion so they could sell more records. So they did everything they could to try and make that happen. Slowing up the the new Guns record hoping somehow they would get Slash back. Also not really promoting the Snakepit stuff. This was the same thing that happen with Aerosmith and The Joe Perry project, nothing was promoted well in hopes that Aerosmith would get back together with the old lineup. The record co is only in it for the money. The only way slash could have got Snakepit promoted better would be if he was with a different record co. and they would have to know that there was no way to get their hands on GNR. But even if Axl had somehow chanced records companies, the new one would have done the same thing. They would always want to go with what once worked instead of try something new."

Taken from "the other Guns forum". Quote by Marc Canter, long time friend of the original line up and writer of Reckless Road.

Edited by Young_Gun

I have seen tons of promotion for thsi tour.

I heard about it on a couple different radio stations FM and AM

VH1 classic had an extended commercial for it

and I was watching an NFL game the otherday and the commentators plugged it.

The funny thing is alot of people think it is th original Guns when they hear about it. I had a few people tell me they heard about the tour and they thought Slash and company were onboard.

Just saw more publicity while watching Slash on palladia.. Info on the Axl tour scrolled accross the bottom.

I check the livenation.com site alot and the tickets are selling well for the Dallas show. Everytime I check there are more and more tickets sold.

Hopefully, in 2 weeks time, the show will be almost sold out and like I said before, some fans might be waiting for the day to buy their tickets.

I'm hoping we read nothing but good fan reviews once the US tour starts next week. I'm so excited to see this show. I just hope our weather holds out. Dallas's weather has been hot to cold lately and I really don't want to be sitting there watching GNR in a coat! lol

I really hope all the GNR fans all over the US come out and support Axl and the band and make this a very positive tour. Who knows, if this US tour goes well, maybe we won't have to wait another 5 or 10 years for GNR come tour again.

I check the livenation.com site alot and the tickets are selling well for the Dallas show. Everytime I check there are more and more tickets sold.

Hopefully, in 2 weeks time, the show will be almost sold out and like I said before, some fans might be waiting for the day to buy their tickets.

I'm hoping we read nothing but good fan reviews once the US tour starts next week. I'm so excited to see this show. I just hope our weather holds out. Dallas's weather has been hot to cold lately and I really don't want to be sitting there watching GNR in a coat! lol

I really hope all the GNR fans all over the US come out and support Axl and the band and make this a very positive tour. Who knows, if this US tour goes well, maybe we won't have to wait another 5 or 10 years for GNR come tour again.

How are you guys checking the actual seats available through livenation.com? Every time I go to live nation to look at Detroit, it just re-directs me to the regular ticketmaster site.

The Best Buy deal got Universal their money back

No I don't think so.

They've recorded 2-3 albums worth of material in the course of maybe 8 years, until Universal stopped funding them in 2004.

So fucking release it!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. People make this way too cmplicated. Just release new music. Like every other band in the world.

Copied from AFD:

Fans are discussing whether the tour is selling well in the US. Here is some information:
SOUTH WINDSOR, CT — Fan favorites Bob Seger and Sting are the two leading artists among the pop and rock acts currently selling tickets on the TicketNetwork Exchange*. Joining Seger and Sting in the top ten are Guns N' Roses, Paul Simon, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Straight No Chaser, Ryan Adams, Josh Groban, and Roger Daltrey.

These top acts accounted for 47% of pop and rock category ticket sales over the last month, but no one act overwhelmingly dominated the top ten. For example, tickets for Seger's tour only accounted for a little over 27% of all tickets sold among the ten acts. However, the percentage dropped precipitously after the number five position, Paul Simon, so that the last position on the list, held by Roger Daltrey, only account for about 2.5% of tickets sold.

The average selling price for all top ten artists combined is $129, while the highest average price is for Sting, at $157. The lowest average price is for Straight No Chaser, at $90. View the table below to see the average prices for the other top ten performers.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45011503#.TqU17XLrFXs

So it can't be that bad, really.....

Copied from AFD:

Fans are discussing whether the tour is selling well in the US. Here is some information:
SOUTH WINDSOR, CT — Fan favorites Bob Seger and Sting are the two leading artists among the pop and rock acts currently selling tickets on the TicketNetwork Exchange*. Joining Seger and Sting in the top ten are Guns N' Roses, Paul Simon, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Straight No Chaser, Ryan Adams, Josh Groban, and Roger Daltrey.

These top acts accounted for 47% of pop and rock category ticket sales over the last month, but no one act overwhelmingly dominated the top ten. For example, tickets for Seger's tour only accounted for a little over 27% of all tickets sold among the ten acts. However, the percentage dropped precipitously after the number five position, Paul Simon, so that the last position on the list, held by Roger Daltrey, only account for about 2.5% of tickets sold.

The average selling price for all top ten artists combined is $129, while the highest average price is for Sting, at $157. The lowest average price is for Straight No Chaser, at $90. View the table below to see the average prices for the other top ten performers.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45011503#.TqU17XLrFXs

So it can't be that bad, really.....

I wanna see the percentages for the other acts, because if one act sells over 27% (over 1/4) of all sales and another sells 2.5% then there seems to be a big scope for showing if you're doing all right.

GNR could be around 3% or 26% of that 47% of total sales that's a huge difference.

As the leading 2 acts, it sounds like Bob and Sting are selling similarly (shit taste in the US by the way), so you could pretty confidently say they would share around half of the 47% of sales. That leaves 8 acts for the remaining half.

1. Seger (27%)

2. Sting (24%?)

3. ?????

4. ?????

5. Paul Simon

--------------------

6. ?????

7. ?????

8. ?????

9. ?????

10. Roger Dalty (2.5%)

Of the acts that are left only 2 can fit into the "doing well" category, pick from the list below who you think will be selling the most tickets. Is GNR more popular than the rest?

Guns N' Roses, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Straight No Chaser, Ryan Adams, Josh Groban

If GNr aren't in the top 5 then I don't think you could count it successful.

LP

I guess GNR are in at no. 3 then based on that list, unless the writer decided to write them out of order just to confused/annoy/provide less info when common sense would save braincells.

but paul simon is at no. 5/4. so guess its just random.

I guess GNR are in at no. 3 then based on that list, unless the writer decided to write them out of order just to confused/annoy/provide less info when common sense would save braincells.

yeah it didnt explicitly state what order the top 10 are in but it did list GnR after Seger and Sting

Edited by sturginho

If GNr aren't in the top 5 then I don't think you could count it successful.

You are wrong because I would still call it a success if GN'R where among the top 5-10 most coveted live acts in the USA.

I also interpret the article to them being the 3rd or 4th most popular live act right now.

I would consider it a success if GNR were in the top 15-20. They've had nearly zero US presence in close to 20 years. Even the 2002/2006 shows weren't heavily advertised or anything. The last thing most people who aren't on the message boards remember was the VMAs in 2002 and that wasn't exactly a good representation of Axl or the band. To be in the 10 ten is pretty impressive considering the atmosphere of popular music in the US and the completely lack of promotion and communication from within the band. So top 5 and up is pretty awesome. So what would miserably be if they are in the same company as the most popular artists in the country? I mean they aren't doing state fairs like many of their contemporaries. Axl isn't on TV shows keeping his name out there. What is the barometer for success on this tour? My opinion is if they are selling out the same places that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, then it is going to be successful.

Looking at those prices why are people complaining about Guns' pricing?

Ah, now you are asking about the nature of haters. The short answer is that they are miserable losers who try to take it out on a band that has failed to live up to their silly expectations and that band's fans.

Well the article shows Paul Simon at 4th in the written list but he is mentioned as being the 5th most popular in the order of ticket sales. So the order does no seem to relate to the sales.

This is a snap shot poll of what's happening "right now" it's not the most popular of 2011 it's just bands touring now, which I dunno doesn't seem to be that many at the moment looking at that list.

I guess most bands tour in the summer with spring/early autumn being the next most popular. Winter tours are usually confined to Southern hemisphere (Oz etc..), so I don't think it's a popular time to tour right now.

So the importance of "being in the top 10" RIGHT NOW depends on who else is touring (the value of the market) and the number of tickets you sell/revenue you make.

I think Katy Perry occupies one of the top 5 places. GNR who knows?

I don't think that top 10 is particularly strong so I dunno if being in that top 10 is an acheivement in the first place. The article is full of holes and tells you nothing in reality.

47% of what?

Only then will it mean something tangible and only when you know the percentage of GNR will you know if it's any good.

It wll be interesting to see where GNR stand at the end of the year for the 2011 poll. That's when it will matter. There's no acheivement at being 7th most popular anything if the other 9 people are shit.

It would have been nice if the article could give us some more info so we can actually guage how GNR are doing, but there's nothing in it to suggest GNR are doing well or shit. we just know they're selling less than Sting and Bob Segers which is worrying.

And Wasted - this article and most things from the US aren't designed for people with brain cells.

that's the problem these days people see "Top 10" and think "AMAZING!" without stopping to think what it really means.

Edited by Longpig

Selling less than Sting is not worrying at all. He's stayed relevant for the past decade. He and Segar's demographic tends to have more expendable money than the GNR bracket which is a generation younger. Same with Paul Simon. But Sting has been one of the most popular and successful artists in the past 10 years. That'd be like saying selling less than U2 is troubling. I think expectations need to be tempered a bit here. GNR is not going to be the biggest band in the world again even if it was a reunion tour. It just isn't going to happen. Axl isn't going to take over the world again. Doing 10-20K arenas is great. That's a pretty good spot to be in during a terrible economy with a band that has had no domestic promotion or visibility for a decade. They have their audience and that is that. People have to stop thinking that there is going to be some giant come back. That's just setting yourself up for a disapointment. Even if Axl has his 2010 voice in 2002, they were never going to get close to that level they were in the late 80s and early 90s. You gotta chill out and just enjoy some shows.

How are you guys checking the actual seats available through livenation.com? Every time I go to live nation to look at Detroit, it just re-directs me to the regular ticketmaster site.

I click on like I'm buying tickets and now for the Gexa Venue in Dallas, you have to pick your seats through the map. You can click on the seat sections and it tells you what is sold out and which seats are available. Maybe your venue doesn't have the map thing yet.