The U.S. tour is selling miserably....

Nick85

I check the livenation.com site alot and the tickets are selling well for the Dallas show. Everytime I check there are more and more tickets sold.

Hopefully, in 2 weeks time, the show will be almost sold out and like I said before, some fans might be waiting for the day to buy their tickets.

I'm hoping we read nothing but good fan reviews once the US tour starts next week. I'm so excited to see this show. I just hope our weather holds out. Dallas's weather has been hot to cold lately and I really don't want to be sitting there watching GNR in a coat! lol

I really hope all the GNR fans all over the US come out and support Axl and the band and make this a very positive tour. Who knows, if this US tour goes well, maybe we won't have to wait another 5 or 10 years for GNR come tour again.

How are you guys checking the actual seats available through livenation.com? Every time I go to live nation to look at Detroit, it just re-directs me to the regular ticketmaster site.

I click on like I'm buying tickets and now for the Gexa Venue in Dallas, you have to pick your seats through the map. You can click on the seat sections and it tells you what is sold out and which seats are available. Maybe your venue doesn't have the map thing yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I went back to look at the difference between Dallas and Detroit and it looks like exactly what you're saying.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling less than Sting is not worrying at all. He's stayed relevant for the past decade. He and Segar's demographic tends to have more expendable money than the GNR bracket which is a generation younger. Same with Paul Simon. But Sting has been one of the most popular and successful artists in the past 10 years. That'd be like saying selling less than U2 is troubling. I think expectations need to be tempered a bit here. GNR is not going to be the biggest band in the world again even if it was a reunion tour. It just isn't going to happen. Axl isn't going to take over the world again. Doing 10-20K arenas is great. That's a pretty good spot to be in during a terrible economy with a band that has had no domestic promotion or visibility for a decade. They have their audience and that is that. People have to stop thinking that there is going to be some giant come back. That's just setting yourself up for a disapointment. Even if Axl has his 2010 voice in 2002, they were never going to get close to that level they were in the late 80s and early 90s. You gotta chill out and just enjoy some shows.

Sting has been a cunt for well over 15 years and I've barely heard a new song from him since Field of Gold.

He reunited with the police again because no one was interested. He's hardly fucking relevant.

Don't really know bob seger can't say much about him.

But I will say that the younger your audience the more time you have for concerts and shit. when do bands sell out their arenas and shit? When they're 60? No it's when there young and when their audience is young. You even said they're not gonna take over the world again but they took over the world because they were young and so were their fans, but you're making the argument that older bands sell more tickets! D'oh! And what about Roger Daltry (bottom of the list), are his fans fucking 10?

Anyways your arguments are wrong and nonsensical. I don't expect GNR to do well, I'm just saying that being in the top 10 means nothing if no one good is touring and there's no figures on how many tickets are sold. And I don't think selling less than sting is that good.

Edited by Longpig

I check the livenation.com site alot and the tickets are selling well for the Dallas show. Everytime I check there are more and more tickets sold.

Hopefully, in 2 weeks time, the show will be almost sold out and like I said before, some fans might be waiting for the day to buy their tickets.

I'm hoping we read nothing but good fan reviews once the US tour starts next week. I'm so excited to see this show. I just hope our weather holds out. Dallas's weather has been hot to cold lately and I really don't want to be sitting there watching GNR in a coat! lol

I really hope all the GNR fans all over the US come out and support Axl and the band and make this a very positive tour. Who knows, if this US tour goes well, maybe we won't have to wait another 5 or 10 years for GNR come tour again.

How are you guys checking the actual seats available through livenation.com? Every time I go to live nation to look at Detroit, it just re-directs me to the regular ticketmaster site.

Bump this?

Sorry...can't take you seriously

Why not? He's done nothing in the UK charts so don't really know him. I might know a song if I heard it.

Edited by Longpig

I click on like I'm buying tickets and now for the Gexa Venue in Dallas, you have to pick your seats through the map. You can click on the seat sections and it tells you what is sold out and which seats are available. Maybe your venue doesn't have the map thing yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I went back to look at the difference between Dallas and Detroit and it looks like exactly what you're saying.

Glad I could help.

Selling less than Sting is not worrying at all. He's stayed relevant for the past decade. He and Segar's demographic tends to have more expendable money than the GNR bracket which is a generation younger. Same with Paul Simon. But Sting has been one of the most popular and successful artists in the past 10 years. That'd be like saying selling less than U2 is troubling. I think expectations need to be tempered a bit here. GNR is not going to be the biggest band in the world again even if it was a reunion tour. It just isn't going to happen. Axl isn't going to take over the world again. Doing 10-20K arenas is great. That's a pretty good spot to be in during a terrible economy with a band that has had no domestic promotion or visibility for a decade. They have their audience and that is that. People have to stop thinking that there is going to be some giant come back. That's just setting yourself up for a disapointment. Even if Axl has his 2010 voice in 2002, they were never going to get close to that level they were in the late 80s and early 90s. You gotta chill out and just enjoy some shows.

Sting has been a cunt for well over 15 years and I've barely heard a new song from him since Field of Gold.

He reunited with the police again because no one was interested. He's hardly fucking relevant.

But I will say that the younger your audience the more time you have for concerts and shit. when do bands sell out their arenas and shit? When they're 60? No it's when there young and when their audience is young. You even said they're not gonna take over the world again but they took over the world because they were young and so were their fans, but you're making the argument that older bands sell more tickets! D'oh! And what about Roger Daltry (bottom of the list), are his fans fucking 10?

Anyways your arguments are wrong and nonsensical. I don't expect GNR to do well, I'm just saying that being in the top 10 means nothing if no one good is touring and there's no figures on how many tickets are sold. And I don't think selling less than sting is that good.

I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was that Seegar/Sting's fan set are 10-15 years older than the GNR group and would be 50s to mid 60s. THEY have more expendable money than the main GNR set which is late 30s to late 40s. And just because Sting hasn't been relevant to you for 15 years doesn't mean he hasn't been relevant in general. Roger being in the top ten by himself is pretty impressive.

I think 'Estranged' being played counts as a SURPRISE. Let's ride that some.

Eh...While it's been very cool to hear, playing MORE of the old hits isn't something I personally care for. I love the songs that exist now, but I'd much rather hear new material at this point.

Hey is Kurt Loader still on MTV? Or even still doing interviews? I think Axl Rose should let Kurt do an interview with him about the upcoming US tour.

I think that would be cool since I think he has spoken to Kurt in the past and he usually has positive things to say about Axl. I think he would give Axl a chance to talk and not interrupt him like so many other people seem to do.