The U.S. tour is selling miserably....

Nick85

If you look at Live Nation's website, they actually show the seats that are available through their site...And the results aren't looking pretty. The dates they show seem to be only half full at this point, with scores of tickets still available for most, if not, all the shows.

Where do you find that info on the Live Nation's website?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akl Rose is the only singer in the history of RNR, which is a completely new band contained much of the glory of old band.James Hatfield and Jon Bon Jovi without the original members of their bands would not be able to fill arenas, but would be played in clubs in USA.Sa On the other hand to sell 10,000 tickets is definitely a success.

and don't forget GNR filled stadiums and arenas across the globe in last two years.

Akl Rose is the only singer in the history of RNR, which is a completely new band contained much of the glory of old band.James Hatfield and Jon Bon Jovi without the original members of their bands would not be able to fill arenas, but would be played in clubs in USA.Sa On the other hand to sell 10,000 tickets is definitely a success.

and don't forget GNR filled stadiums and arenas across the globe in last two years.

What about Dave Mustaine?

I think it's about time for people to give up the idea of the original GNR lineup getting back together.

Axl has toured with different musicians for like 20 years now, so let it go.

You know Kiss started out with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, but then they got fired for drinking and drugging. They were replaced and still they sold out arenas.

When Eric Carr died, they replaced him with Eric Singer, who is still with Kiss and no one bitched and moaned and still Kiss sold out huge arenas and are still doing it today.

I don't see Gene or Paul promoting anything when they tour. They have their Kiss army members and other fans who check their sites and pay attention when a tour is announced.

My radio station has been promoting the show for weeks now.

I think Axl's management and the record company should promote their shows or even other members of the band. Why must it always be Axl?

Any concert I"ve seen this year, no one from the band made any statements except on their websites and my local newspaper and radio station. If you're a fan of a certain band, then pay attention.

Both ticketmaster and live nation, let you register and name all your favorite bands and when they are touring in your city, I get an email stating that you fave bands are coming.

If you care about a band, it's up to you to check it out and see what they're doing.

With computers now and all the other i phones or whatever, you can always know what's going on.

I also agree that GNR should have played either the HOuse of Blues or Verizon venue here in Dallas. The sound is better and now that the Dallas weather has gotten cooler, I don't really want to be wearing a hoodie when I see Axl. lol I have a GNR tattoo and a very cool Axl Rose t shirt that I would like to show at the concert! lol

Anyway, we're all keeping up with the GNR tour, so I think we need to spread the word about the tour and when they are coming to your city. I've been telling people, and it's fine by me as long as the word gets out that Axl Rose is coming to Dallas!

Him also...also he dosn't get much hell about lineup changes like Axl does.

I think a lot of it has to do with the sound of the music. Megadeth has always had that core sound that sounds like Megadeth regardless of the lineup. Regardless of anyone's views on past band members in GNR, they did help contribute a specific sound to the band. I always maintained that if the new GNR material sounded more like old Guns the public wouldn't care as much (but then again I don't care about public opinion anyway lol). The new lineup is fantastic but it definately has a different overall musical sound that barely resembles old-Guns whereas Megadeth has always sounded like Megadeth

You do bring a good point. I do think Bon Jovi with a totally new band would still sell out arenas, but that is speculation on both of our parts. Your point remains the same - Axl still sells decently considering he does little to no promotion at all. It's pretty impressive actually that he still manages to even do say 5000-6000 tickets.

That's the problem though - it's good sales, not great sales. The average arena seems to hold about 12 000 people for a concert setting, so even if he sells 6000 tickets, he's only filled half the arena which could likely be discouraging to the band. I always thought it'd be awesome if they did a theater tour - small, intimate shows for the die hards and 5000 tickets WOULD be a sell out. The place would look packed and the energy would likely be insane.

This in no way justifies him not doing any promotion, but it's an interesting perspective to take. The bigger markets always seem to sell out or close to it, whereas the smaller markets not so much. It's too bad Axl doesn't at least do a few interviews or something as that would have at least some impact. As much as I love the current band, it does surprise me how well some of the shows sell when not much of the general public seems to even know a tour is going on.

The tour may or may not be selling miserably at this point (I can't be bothered to check ALL the shows), but time will tell how things go. Someone else mentioned that maybe some people are holding off on buying tickets until at least the first couple of shows go on, which could be true. I'm holding off on tickets for Auburn Hills until I figure out what the weather is going to be like. ;)

Yeah, I said some fans might be holding off until the day of the show due to not knowing if Axl will actually finish this tour this time around.

Well, the Gexa venue has a lawn and if the 200 hundred sections don't sell out sometimes they move the lawn people up to fill the seats.

All of the pit and the 100 sections are sold out already for GNR, but the side 200 sections aren't, but they have a limited view of the stage depending how many speakers or stage stuff is blocking the sides of the stage.

My tickets say the show begins at 8:30. No mention of opening bands yet and since the Dallas weather has gotten cooler now, I'm not getting there too early, but then again I have seats so I don't have to get there early like the pit people will.

I just want this US tour to begin and end well. I think if Axl fulfills his commitment to his fans this time around any future GNR shows will be more successful and Axl will gain the people's trust again. I really want that for Axl because I think he's an amazing talent and should continue recording and performing for many years to come.

I don't see Gene or Paul promoting anything when they tour. They have their Kiss army members and other fans who check their sites and pay attention when a tour is announced.

Are you kidding???? There are no bigger promotion whores on the planet than Gene and Paul. When Sonic Boom came out it

was heavily promoted. They even had their exclusive sales at Wal Mart with promos in the stores and advertisements for it.

They also had many TV spots for their concerts everytime they played my area as well as raidio. Heck, Paul even made an

appearance on that Lopez dude's talk show and played with their band. They even promoted that Kiss Kruise they recently

did. Nobody promotes more than those guys!

I think a lot of it has to do with the sound of the music. Megadeth has always had that core sound that sounds like Megadeth regardless of the lineup. Regardless of anyone's views on past band members in GNR, they did help contribute a specific sound to the band. I always maintained that if the new GNR material sounded more like old Guns the public wouldn't care as much (but then again I don't care about public opinion anyway lol). The new lineup is fantastic but it definately has a different overall musical sound that barely resembles old-Guns whereas Megadeth has always sounded like Megadeth

I don't agree with this at all. Does Illusions sound like AFD?

Dave Mustaine doesn't get as much hell because Dave Mustaine IS Megadeth. The line-up has always been changing since day one, with him and Ellefson(for the most part) remaining the constant. Dave is the lead singer, songwriter, rhythm guitar player, and sometimes lead guitar player, thats a lot of roles for one guy. In fact he fills out the 3 most important roles for any band by himself. It was a different story with GN'R where both Axls voice AND Slash's guitar playing received enormous accolades.

You can tell the core musicians save for the drums were made my the same musical personalities

You can not compare Megadeth and Guns N 'Roses ... Magadeth a good band, but not nearly as big as guns n roses was and is ... I saw megadeth in club in Belgrade in front of 800 people and gnr in the arena in front of 15000 people .. It is a great difference .. .

On the other hand, though he made a new band, Axl has a negative attitude problem with media ... but the media has denied them the best high-end concerts ...

Before the concert in Belgrade all the media have written that this is a new band, Axl isn't copy of Axl in 90-es,and other shit ... After the concert they all wrote about amazing concert, which was declared at year-end concert in Serbia (in competition with many international bands) .. ..

I still maintain that the tour have great success, because all arenas will be fillout with 60% ​​capacity or more.

yes, Mustaine is Megadeth. it really does not matter who plays with him, as long as they can play. Though Friedman is still highly missed. If CD was more like old GNR it would have been different, new members yes but sounding like good old GNR, but it was new sound and new members, too much for some people. Megadeth did Risk, as much as I like the album, it`s not really Megadeth....same thing kinda happened with CD.

Weren't a couple of press conferences or something part of the settlement?

You can tell the core musicians save for the drums were made my the same musical personalities

You can tell because you know this. Didn't the Illusions get backlash because they were sooo different from AFD (old GnR)?

Weren't a couple of press conferences or something part of the settlement?

You can tell because you know this. Didn't the Illusions get backlash because they were sooo different from AFD (old GnR)?

I was definately able to tell the difference before I knew the textbook facts about the music - back when I heard GNR songs on the radio before I was a fan I knew that all songs they played were GNR because they sounded like it was the same band, except for some minor changes (drums, production, etc.) Even if the Illusions got backlash, the reason why CD gets some (not all) of the backlash now is because the only music personality that is audibly the same as old GNR is Axl's voice. Sure I love the new lineup, but it really does barely resemble the old lineups at all. The reason why Megadeth wasn't so panned because of the lineup changes is because all incarnations of that band kept the same musical identity with just a few minor deviations

Edited by WhazUp

Again; WHY? Because you don't think it's a success? If Guns N' Roses plays a show in front of me, I call it a success and I could care less how many other people see it.

It might still be a financial success in that they can still make money but I think the point is they used to sellout 20K arenas for mutilple nights in some cities in less than a day and now they are lucky to sell 50-75% of the tickets for one night in the same cities and the tickets sell very slowly.........the band is losing fan base here in the U.S. and Axl does not seem to care

This^^^^^ Thank you CR, always the voice of reason! It's not a success because they booked a 20,000 seater venue and only sold half the tickets. Whether they break even, make a profit or not it's not a resounding success! I tried to get tickets to see Radiohead in New York a couple of weeks ago and both consecutive nights sold out completely in less than 3 minutes! That's what you call a success. For a band of GnR's standing they shouldn't be playing to half empty arenas in their own home territory. The refusal to promote these shows in any meaningful way is having a detrimental effect on the attendances and hence the success of the tour and that's a fact!

Ok, I don't seem to be making my point clearly.

To me "success" isn't dictated by how many people like the same band I do. So if my favorite band goes on tour and I get to see them, that's a success. I couldn't care less about anything to do with whether they make money or not, because the business end of GN'R has nothing whatsoever to do with me. I don't care how many other people like GN'R or buy tickets to their shows or buy their albums.

I used the example earlier of the Rich Robinson show I just went to on Monday. He's the guitarist and main song writer from The Black Crowes. The Crowes (although on hiatus right now) are a huge draw still. They play anywhere from 10k to 50k crowds depending on when and where they're touring. They just had a number one album in the US (Croweology) earlier this year. Yet when I went to see Rich on his own the other night, there was about 20 people there in a place that holds 200 probably. Rich still tore the roof off the place and the small crowd made the show even cooler. We got to talk to him several times during the show, talked with him for a bit afterward, I got my record signed, he did an extra encore song not on his set list just because my friend requested it, etc etc.

Now there's two ways I could look at this. I could say "HOLY SHIT! What an AWESOME experience!" or I could say "Oh man! Rich should've promoted the tour better! The sky is falling! It's the end of the world!" etc etc. I choose to look at it in a very positive light. Next time I see the Crowes at a place that seats 10k and I'm way far away from them, I'll be thinking about how awesome that concert was. Same thing with GN'R. When I look at Rio, Mexico, Paraguay, etc., I see these MASSIVE crowds and think "Damn! That's a lot of people but how cool is it going to be to see them with far less people!"

In short; it's all in how you choose to look at it. And we have threads worrying about the amount of tickets sold because that's how some people choose to look at it.

Didn't the Illusions get backlash because they were sooo different from AFD (old GnR)?

Yes

No they actually got pretty good reviews. I was just reading the Rolling Stone magazine review and the only criticism was that there was too much filler but the reviewer praised the music..........

That same magazine that gave Chinese Democracy 4 stars and praised it?

Didn't the Illusions get backlash because they were sooo different from AFD (old GnR)?

Yes

No they actually got pretty good reviews. I was just reading the Rolling Stone magazine review and the only criticism was that there was too much filler but the reviewer praised the music..........

Oh come on. There was definitely some backlash for the incorporation of piano into the sonic tapestry. Hell, Slash even admits he fought tooth and nail against it. So, there was even internal backlash for the broadening of the sonic tapestry, if you will.

Ali

Yes

Oh come on. There was definitely some backlash for the incorporation of piano into the sonic tapestry. Hell, Slash even admits he fought tooth and nail against it. So, there was even internal backlash for the broadening of the sonic tapestry, if you will.

Ali

It had some backlash but it still sonically has some of the GNR sound that was forever present from the initial formation of the "classic" lineup. Nowadays, the only remnant of that is Axl's voice, seeing as each and every core band member that made up the music personality of GNR except for him has been replaced. That explains why GNR had the bigger issue over lineup changes than Megadeth - Megadeth changed their lineup but still kept the musical personality and sound. GNR changed the lineups, changed the musical personality, and kept the name which for a good portion of the public represented that specific sound that was solidified from 1987-1994.

Edited by WhazUp

ok, so i was checking out stub hub and they showed less than

1,000 tickets left for each show...

also, how can stubhub already have tickets to shows that have

not been officially opened for purchase or pressale?

they also appear to show apparent stage set up arrangement for shows?