Does anybody else think Axl is waiting for the US Tour to start before he debuts new material?

ITW 2012

No.

But at some point I'd expect them to do different options and such...just to do something different. The US dates might be far enough along where they'll be looking for a chance of pace. (Maybe?)

Either way I'll probably get "Sorry", "This I Love", "Don't Cry" and "Estranged" probably, so I'm pretty excited no matter what.

I think if guns were goin to play new tracks they wouldve done already

I had high hopes for The General or Atlas, but I'm still really pleased for the guys that the tour is going well and they're clearly having a great time and the fans are happy.

Naah, playing new material before the US would make much more sense since it'd be promotion of the US tour, which ain't selling as well as the latin american tour did. They're gonna have setlist changes for sure, maybe include Going Down and OMG but that's it.

In a sane world Axl would have produced a handful of new songs on the biggest world stage possible, he's been working on this material for over a decade, you'd think he's proud and can't wait to unleash it but I have no idea what goes on in the great man's head sometimes, it's just infuriating as you know when he works on something it's bound to be fascinating if nothing else.

I think they're waiting for the US tour to make more money for Uncle Axl. That's all.

DJ said that Axl is sitting on a lot of great material and "it may never see the light of day" so you can imagine that it will take another 10 years before we get a release date.

At least they're not calling this the Chinese Democracy tour anymore.... I went to RIR 3 and that was almost 11 years ago... the tour was called Chinese Democracy starts NOW!!!

"We will come back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs".... Nothing happened...

THen came 2002 and "round ONE!"

Then we waited for 4 years for another tour and 6 for the release.

Chinese Democracy is released... nothing happens... no video... barely any interviews (up side was Axl talking here on MyGNR)

Better video will be released next week! 2 or 3 years gone by..... nothing....

hhmmmm....

Don't get your hopes up

Edited by keyboardandicons

I think they're waiting for the US tour to make more money for Uncle Axl. That's all.

DJ said that Axl is sitting on a lot of great material and "it may never see the light of day" so you can imagine that it will take another 10 years before we get a release date.

At least they're not calling this the Chinese Democracy tour anymore.... I went to RIR 3 and that was almost 11 years ago... the tour was called Chinese Democracy starts NOW!!!

"We will come back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs".... Nothing happened...

THen came 2002 and "round ONE!"

Then we waited for 4 years for another tour and 6 for the release.

Chinese Democracy is released... nothing happens... no video... barely any interviews (up side was Axl talking here on MyGNR)

Better video will be released next week! 2 or 3 years gone by..... nothing....

hhmmmm....

Don't get your hopes up

Touring is where the money's at, so creating new music is being put on hold. We have no idea if Axl wrote new songs this year and if he's waiting until the tour's over to discuss going into the recording studio. He might be sitting on a bunch of music but if it's still pretty rough and unfinished, we're going to have to wait.

No one in GNR has discussed actually going in the studio to work on new songs. Ashba gave the existing material a listen and they kept in touch over the year.

We're around the 3 year mark, so I give it 2 more years before we hear new music. Odds are, it'll be on a soundtrack or video game.

If they were holding off new material for the US tour how come Oh My God and Going Down were on the Rio setlist? My guess is that since Rio was a big gig they were planning on playing them but the night wasn't going well so they decided to not worry about the new material and just get through the night. Still its only speculation, I have no idea if any of this holds true or not

Why would they debut new material to make U.S. fans feel special when U.S. fans have done nothing to make them feel special. 7-9000 people per show here compared to 20-75000 per show everywhere else. I am not bashing the U.S. because I am from this country but put yourself In there place. Would you want to play for half full areanas or packed stadiums.

If they were holding off new material for the US tour how come Oh My God and Going Down were on the Rio setlist? My guess is that since Rio was a big gig they were planning on playing them but the night wasn't going well so they decided to not worry about the new material and just get through the night. Still its only speculation, I have no idea if any of this holds true or not

OMG is hardly new. It came out in the NINETIES and was played live way back 2 generations ago when Bucket was in the band... I have no comment about Going Down tho.

Does anybody else think Axl is waiting for the US Tour to start before he debuts new material? I think he probably wants to make the American people feel special, as the good old U-S-A is most likely the last stop on the Chinese Democracy 2011 Tour.

no