Hamilton, ON November 28th 2011 @ copps Coliseum

fallingred85

I was really amazed at Ron's dedication to the fans, he's one of the nicest guys around. I couldn't believe how he covers the pain up on stage...and then you see him afterwards and you can barely believe he's the same guy. He's a true class act and I wish him nothing but the best! :thumbsup:

I completely agree, Bumble is one of the nicest and most down to earth guys I have ever met. How he archs his back onstage like a contortionist, with all that pain he's dealing with, I have no idea.

Well, he probably does that because it puts less strain on the injury. He doesn't move the same way he did before, and you can see the injury bothers him by his facial expressions.

Anyone know if he has to live with this, or does he think he will improve with enough time off? Unfortunately I can't see the guy continuing long term if there is no improvement.

Edited by KBear

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there's certainly no forum members just helping hook people up with passes.

Gunsguy even scored us backstage passes.

Any mods wanna address this, for real?

Nothing really to address, just right place at the right time.

Yes, it was a very generous offer by Gunsguy. Great, fun, life of the party type of guy! Thanks again! I think its always great to meet fellow GNR worshippers as I really have absolutely none in my 'real' life! Montrealer and Eric were great too! Hope you guys got your ''manger'' on at MacDonalds lol! I didnt hang out with Powerage as much but cool guy! Was with us until 3am or so and had a four hour drive back to class! Hope you made it! Coma16 was alot of fun to go to the venue with as well! get me those pics! lol

I think all the above guys pretty much summed up the night! Nothing really for me to add but lets see!

Estranged really is worth all the hype it has been getting! just unreal live! Dont cry was also a highlight for me!

DJ actually is a really good showman. I think I was reading a thread on how it seems artificial. I totally disagree. It was genuine to me seeing him upclose and personal, he just is that type of guy smiling and playing around with the crowd.....constantly throwing guitar picks at them! I'm usually gawking at Axl but DJ was very active and fun to watch!

Bumble is in person just as he is in interviews etc. Extremely nice and humourous! Just an A+ guy!! Happy to have met him!

Beta was telling stories and was very sweet!

I couldn't have asked for a better night!!

Yes, I made it back in time for classes...got in to town at 7:45 AM! :lol: Classes yesterday were hell, and I'm sure today will be even worse as I got back from the Alice Cooper gig just now...and my first class is in 6 hours. Oh well...totally worth it!

It was great to meet you too...I wish we could have stuck around longer, but I barely made it back as it was!

Here we have a positive review:

http://rockshowcritique.com/2011/11/gnr-hamilton/

Guns N Roses Turn Hamilton Into Paradise City

Posted on November 30, 2011 by Joseph Suto

Guns N’ Roses

Copps Coliseum

Hamilton, Ontario

Monday November 28, 2011

By Joseph Suto

The latest version of Guns N’ Roses invaded the Copps Coliseum Monday evening. This marked the band’s second appearance at Copps, their first since January 2010. Despite a chilly, damp night, the faithful Hamilton crowd had a pretty hefty walk-up and the building filled in comfortably by the time Axle Rose and Company hit the stage. Flanked by the three guitar assault of DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus and Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, the band also included bassist Tommy Stinson, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardists Chris Pitman and Dizzy Reed. Reed being the only member that goes back to the Use Your Illusion era.

Approximately forty minutes after opening band The Pretty Reckless finished their set, the band took the stage precisely at 10:45 PM, a little on the late side in this day and age considering most arena shows end around that time. The band then proceeded to play for a solid two hours and forty-five minutes, giving those in attendance more than their money’s worth. They began with the title cut from “Chinese Democracy” before giving way to a spirited “Welcome To The Jungle”. “Live and Let Die”, the Paul McCartney cover featured a full blast of pyro that really made the song come alive. The band did a great job mixing in newer tracks with older ones throughout the show. An effervescent version of “You Could Be Mine” made one wonder, why didn’t they open with this song, it seemed to be the perfect choice.

The guitarists all took turns performing solos, Bumblefoot delivered a gem during his which was sandwiched between the Pink Panther theme amidst the stage being flooded with pink lights. This latest version of Guns N’ Roses may very well be the best line-up Axle has put together, perhaps even giving the original classic lineup a run for their money.

One of the highlights featured an exquisite “November Rain” that fit the weather outside to a “T”. One downside to the show was the inclusion of “Knocking On Heaven’s Door”. While GNR has the best cover version of the song in popular music, there are just too many bands out on the touring circuit playing this song to death. Whatever stream that may have been lost was quickly made up by a intensified rendition of “Nightrain”, which closed the show. The band came out for an encore segment that featured some instrumental jams enveloped around “Madagascar” and “Better” two cuts

extracted from the latest release “Chinese Democracy”. As the show wound down the band closed with “Patience” and “Paradise City”!

There have been many detractors and naysayers who continue to not give any non-classic GNR lineup a chance. After witnessing this show first hand I can honestly say to anyone who has any doubts, go see this band if they make it anywhere near your backyard. You will surely not be disappointed.

There have been many detractors and naysayers who continue to not give any non-classic GNR lineup a chance. After witnessing this show first hand I can honestly say to anyone who has any doubts, go see this band if they make it anywhere near your backyard. You will surely not be disappointed.

rock3

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

That's what you do if you get extras give them to the fans

I didn’t question the distribution of additional passes; but how or why did gunsguy have several? Have GN’R devolved pass powers to the forums?

Guest loverefrained

Sure, I had a few extra passes

How?

That's what you do if you get extras give them to the fans

+1

;) from experience .

+2

:) from experience

Were you the bunch of guys that were sitting in section 109 in our seat? Funny, you guys can get back there because out of all of the people I asked from the venue, apparently no-one knew where the backstage door was??? I guess some people are just not meant to get back there... bunch of bullshit... anyway, have a Merry Christmas all!

The show was overwhelming... Had to go outside to calm down. Axl and the band are amazing and like the review says... If you have a chance to see them live... DO IT!

Edited by loverefrained

Were you the bunch of guys that were sitting in section 109 in our seat? Funny, you guys can get back there because out of all of the people I asked from the venue, apparently no-one knew where the backstage door was??? I guess some people are just not meant to get back there... bunch of bullshit... anyway, have a Merry Christmas all!

I was insection 108, I wish everyone could go backstage. It just is not possible though

Guest loverefrained

I was insection 108, I wish everyone could go backstage. It just is not possible though

No, there was a bunch of guys with tickets in row 108 seat 9 and they got the sections mixed up w/ 109 which was my seat ....thought maybe it was you guys? oh ya and I realize it's not possible at this point.

Edited by loverefrained

No, there was a bunch of guys with tickets in row 108 seat 9 and they got the sections mixed up w/ 109 which was my seat ....thought maybe it was you guys?

Not me or the people I was with :shrugs: we had no trouble finding our proper seats :)

Guest loverefrained

No, there was a bunch of guys with tickets in row 108 seat 9 and they got the sections mixed up w/ 109 which was my seat ....thought maybe it was you guys?

Not me or the people I was with :shrugs: we had no trouble finding our proper seats :)

Good to hear you got backstage...maybe I just don't have what it takes or didn't try hard enough...Anyway... Cheers! Great show

I had a few extra passes and three choices. I could have NOT handed them out, I could have gave them to family who was there (my neice, my sister-in-law, my cousin and her friends were there as well) or to a few fans I met from the forum.

I chose the fans from the forum, it was an easy choice for me to make ;)

Family members are disappointed etc, but honestly if I had to choose again it would be forum diehards everytime, you guys are the reason this place is even here :thumbsup:

The only problem was I met more people than I had passes, so I went with who is on the forum and who introduced themselves to me first, that is how they got backstage. As for where I got the passes, I cannot say sorry they don't want me to announce it. All I can say is they were offered and given to me and I did not need them all :)

I am sorry not everyone could come, I am sorry I could not help everyone.

Edited by gunsguy

Hey All,

Here's the video I took of Estranged from this concert. It was taken with my iPhone 4s; was surprised how good the audio turned out (with the brief exception at the beginning when I inadvertently put my finger over the microphone). There's a hard edit right at the end of the large piano break as people were about to walk in front of me and I wanted to see if I could zoom in (never figured that out). Anyway, here you go:

http://youtu.be/ATg8KoehaDk

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Guest loverefrained

I had a few extra passes and three choices. I could have NOT handed them out, I could have gave them to family who was there (my neice, my sister-in-law, my cousin and her friends were there as well) or to a few fans I met from the forum.

Family members are disappointed etc, but honestly if I had to choose again it would be forum diehards everytime, you guys are the reason this place is even here :thumbsup:

The only problem was I met more people than I had passes, so I went with who is on the forum and who introduced themselves to me first, that is how they got backstage. As for where I got the passes, I cannot say sorry they don't want me to announce it. All I can say is they were offered and given to me and I did not need them all :)

Don't feel bad... It was nice that you shared them with the forum people...very nice indeed! If I knew what you looked like...from what I know now... I would have scouted you out :D

Edited by loverefrained

What section were you in gunsguy? I was in 108 and those pictures look just about my perspective!

Damn would have loved to have met you!!

Section 108 row 8 :)

Too bad! I was only two rows ahead. Maybe next time around! I was trying to avoid the forum in the few days before the show just to build some excitement and leave at last a bit of the set list to surprise, so I never got around to seeing where other forum members were meeting and that kind of thing.

You did a good thing GUns Guys! Chose diehard fans over family, you gave a few people an early Christmas gift! :xmasssanta:

Here's my mom and I with Bumblefoot after the show. Gig photos coming soon! ;)

6432148573_f88c21304a_z.jpg

Damn man nice picture! :)

Nice pic man! Who is the chick in the background, nice pose!

Guest loverefrained

Don't feel bad... It was nice that you shared them with the forum people...very nice indeed! If I knew what you looked like...from what I know now... I would have scouted you out :D

Just curious... where was the backstage entrance "no one" knew about -where it was??

I chose the fans from the forum, it was an easy choice for me to make

You did a good thing GUns Guys! Chose diehard fans over family, you gave a few people an early Christmas gift! :xmasssanta:

Here's my mom and I with Bumblefoot after the show. Gig photos coming soon!

She was at the after party, not sure who she is or how she got there.

I chose the fans from the forum, it was an easy choice for me to make

Just curious... where was the backstage entrance "no one" knew about -where it was??

at the front of the venue, weird why they would not tell you that? I think they don't like to tell people just so thousands don't show up and become a security nightmare, maybe that is why, not sure

Here's my mom and I with Bumblefoot after the show. Gig photos coming soon! ;)

:lol: Didn't even notice her until you pointed it out!