Hamilton, ON November 28th 2011 @ copps Coliseum

fallingred85

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pics

was there - grt show

Here's my Don't Cry video. The video came out really good but the audio is crap once DJ kicks in just after the 3 minute mark. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? DOes anyone have a quality audio file from this gig?

Thanks for posting

the show was amazing

Thanks again for the pictures, powerage! Awesome stuff - glad you were able to go to this show after all.

Has anyone found a video of Jungle from this show? I swear it was one of the best performances of the song I've heard from this line-up, and if I recall Axl even did the "Cha!" as the verse kicks in (with the first pyro hit) which he does sometimes and not other times, so I'd love to see it again. I've been searching every combination I can think of on YouTube but no luck so far.

As a side note to anyone who is interested, he also sang the "with your ass in the air!" during You Could Be Mine. He was in a great mood. :thumbsup:

Did you guys bring cameras in? And I'm not talking about the ones on your cells. I was thinking about picking one up for the Vancouver show.

Look at powerage5 pictures, those are NOT cell pics :thumbsup:

Edited by gunsguy

As a side note to anyone who is interested, he also sang the "with your ass in the air!" during You Could Be Mine. He was in a great mood. :thumbsup:

Axl laughed when he saw other people in front do the "with your ass in the air" hand motion.

That was me. He also laughed when I yelled out "I'm gonna tell you a story" during Madagascar

Powerage5 is pro! Fuck me those are great thank you for sharing! Hey how was the day after the show? And Coop?

Thanks, really glad you guys are enjoying my pics! :D

Day after was...interesting. Got back to school at 7:45 AM, just in time for my 8 AM class! Had classes at 8, 10, 12, and 2:30, then I had my 3 hour drive for Alice. Admittedly, it was one of the least enjoyable Alice gigs I've been to (probably the worst besides Stockholm 2010 actually), and not because I was exhausted from GN'R. I'm really not a fan of Ori as his new lead guitarist. She can play the parts fine, but she has zero stage presence, doesn't interact with the band/crowd at all. She's just a very bad fit, since the rest of his band is all about crowd interaction. We were right in front of her, so that definitely dampened the mood for us. I'd probably be selling my tickets for the Erie gig next weekend, but that's our 15th Alice show, so we're excited for a milestone gig B)

Did you guys bring cameras in? And I'm not talking about the ones on your cells. I was thinking about picking one up for the Vancouver show.

Yea, security was pretty relaxed at the Hamilton show. I certainly wouldn't buy a camera just for the show though; there's no guarantee that security will be that easy-going at the Vancouver show.

While we're on the topic of photography...here's a few more pics. Normally I only share ones that I'm able to tweak the color to something I really like in post processing (Yes, all of these so far have been post processed...). This second picture in this lot, I had an absolute bitch of a time getting to a contrast level that looked good, so I left it unaltered (It will probably show in comparison to any of my other pics). I've decided to still share this one though, because the climax of November Rain is my personal favorite part of any GN'R show, at least from a staging perspective.

6450886335_92fe816217_z.jpg

6450893377_c46e78ff26_z.jpg

6450899975_63bdb1fd62_z.jpg

6450906335_651cb9fc45_z.jpg

6450911269_b7f98dd4e9_z.jpg

More pics, starting to get towards the end. The last hour of the show was the most difficult to shoot in lighting-wise, so I had less pics I could use, and I've done some experimenting with them in post-processing more than others (The Axl and Bumble pic in particular has a very vintage cross-processing kind of feel). Hope you guys still dig them though :)

6454512571_c5cbac1ffd_z.jpg

6454521663_af1091a14f_z.jpg

6454530963_9cefb15fcd_z.jpg

6454539935_748c3b5f2e_z.jpg

6454549757_24d1c0487c_z.jpg

6454561583_701cd5a797_z.jpg

There will probably be one, maybe two more batches of pics after this ;)

Nice photos Powerage5!

I was the guy standing to your left, that old dude talking about shows in the 80's and 90's.

I'm still having nightmares of you screaming omg after every song ;)

All the pictures I took turned out like crap, would you mind sharing a couple of yours with me and the wife, so we could hang 'em in my man cave?

Nice photos Powerage5!

I was the guy standing to your left, that old dude talking about shows in the 80's and 90's.

I'm still having nightmares of you screaming omg after every song ;)

All the pictures I took turned out like crap, would you mind sharing a couple of yours with me and the wife, so we could hang 'em in my man cave?

Hey man, good to see you've joined us on here! Regarding the OMG chant we were doing...well, we really want to see it played! :lol: I'm actually surprised how many people near us jumped in on the OMG chant, at the height of it we had a solid 15 people or so doing it from looking around.

Here they are...the last of my pictures from the gig:

6473504909_7c35f7120a_z.jpg

6473513719_b1390a81fd_z.jpg

6473519879_b01f343fdc_z.jpg

6473526447_4d71671414_z.jpg

6473534345_eabc17af65_z.jpg

6473541803_4a795ee872_z.jpg

In case any of you guys missed some of the pictures in previous pages, they're all on my Flickr page too! Hope you guys enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed taking them! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrf33n3y/

Axl laughed when he saw other people in front do the "with your ass in the air" hand motion.

:rofl-lol:

I think he said it at one show so far this tour.

here's my video of Jungle, I have a few more but haven't uploaded them yet as I'm busy.....ok lazy

Thank you! I was dying to watch this again, for the sole reason that Axl does the "Cha!" just as the pyro hits to start the verse. Post-2001 he doesn't do the "cha!" very much so it was kind of cool that he did it, kind of the same deal as the "with your ass in the air!" from You Could Be Mine.