Hamilton, ON November 28th 2011 @ copps Coliseum

fallingred85

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they took that old blues cover "Goin' Down" off the setlist.

Yeah, they took it off. Now why would they took and old cover off the setlist? :tongue2:

Again, like I said already a dozen times: Going Down isnt a cover.

Could this be the "Goin' Down" that we're referring to here:

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=310650847&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=25&start=1

Used in a pinball machine game?

Looks like they took that old blues cover "Goin' Down" off the setlist.

Yeah, they took it off. Now why would they took and old cover off the setlist? :tongue2:

Again, like I said already a dozen times: Going Down isnt a cover.

Could this be the "Goin' Down" that we're referring to here:

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=310650847&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=25&start=1

Used in a pinball machine game?

No, it couldn't.

Show was amazing, but I still think Toronto 2010 is my fav - possibly because it much more anticipation and surprises.

I'm not going to go over each and every point but here are a few things about the show:

-Met up and went to the venue with uzeurilluzion. Took us less than an hour to get there from Toronto. -Started off at Honest Lawyer, where we met Eric, GunsGuy and Montrealer (and met Powerage after the show). All great guys and had a blast partying with you all! Thanks again!

-Chinese Worker shirt was sold out at 2 merch spots but more came so I grabbed myself one! Best shirt since the green apple one

-Houselights went off about 30 minutes earlier than expected (bonus)

-SR was awesome. Was able to record the entire song but it sounds like shit... What gives? Did I need to put tape over the mic? Same goes for Don't Cry

-Seeing Estranged live was worth the ticket price alone

-Sonic was hype

-Mi Amor could be used in a Quentin Tarantino flick. Hope there is a studio version of it soon. I enjoyed it more that Ballad of Death

-Axl was on fire and happy all night, quiet though

-My knee felt like it was going to explode by the end of the show. Getting old...

-Was able to meet BBF and Beta backstage. Bumble is extremely humble and amazing to his fans. Beta is a great storyteller too.

Can't wait till next time...

Really enjoyed meeting you too mate! :thumbsup:

Your comment on Sonic Reducer reminded me...I love Tommy's version of My Generation, but Sonic Reducer is much better suited for him/the band. The show flowed a lot better with Sonic Reducer IMO.

it's great how much action this thread is getting. I wonder if the attention that the band is getting (outside of here), is driving more people to join the forum(s). Curious to see a graph of that vs. how many joined when there was nothing but silence.

I haven't been to Copps for a long long time for a concert, but seems that the aftermath of a Guns show is usually pretty big.

Thought the picture Jarmo posted on fb with THE Copps sign (unaltered) was amusing.

On my way back to Montreal and I feel like a truck hit me!

It's was a great night, we had a room at the Sheraton next to the venue so we didn't had to cab all night.

Met a lot of nice people : coma16, powerage, GG, useyourilkuzion, welcometothejungle...

We tried to send update all night but the 3G network was hard to get in the building. Got some videos and pictures I'll post when I get home. Powerage have some great pictures too! So to you who kept saying that the mods didn't send updates and we're just having fun with party passes, think again. That means you too miss M ;)

I dont think I have to go thru the set list again. I saw this band a few times in the past 2 years and you can see that they are having a lot of fun. The show is almost the same as last year but without all the waits between songs. They just keep playing non-stop.

Tommy and Ron did a little dance at some point, I don't remember what song but it was a funny moment.

Axl was in top shape last night, he didn't really talked to the crowd execpt to talk about the glow in the dark bunny on his shirt but he was all smile and in a great mood. You could ear during patience that he's still fighting his bronchitis. But the guy is really working hard and gives himself 100%.

Another great Axl moment: there was no water at the venue and it was really hot. At the end of the show, Axl went in the back and ask the band to help him. He grabbed water bottles and threw them in the crowd.

It was a great show!

Wow, what a night!

Met up with Eric (admin), Montrealer, Powerage5(dude is hard core driving all night to get home for class and Cooper today!) at the Honest Lawyer for dinner (shitty service, Numerous times had to get our own beers, they fucked up our order etc etc) I think next time whenever that may be we go somewhere else for a pre-show. We then met users Coma16 and uzeurilluzion, both really awesome, friendly guys, we all hit it off really well. We spent some time having a few drinks and talking Guns talk (Duh!).

We waited for the huge Line to get smaller and went to the venue just as TPR were completing the set. Met forum member welcometothejungle in his seat, and chated with him a bit ( love that guy!) We were walking on the concourse when we heard something familier, the Dexter intro!

Boom off to our seats... Guns hit the stage earlier than I had thought which was great by me and the rest of the crowd, during change over while taking to welcometothejungle I only heard booing about the cops wanting to eject a couple guys in one section, the crowd was booing the police only, otherwise the wait was not very long at all for Guns.

Back to the show, Guns hit the stage completly on fire, they blasted through Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone much to the delight of us and the rest of the crowd. Axl seemed in high spirits smiling throught the entire set. He only spoke a few times but I did not catch what he said :( . DJ is a fucking animal running around, jumping, hanging on the rails at the sides of the ramps, during nightrain he walked out on the hockey boards, fell off and got back on back to the stage. He is a great performer, as goes with Richard and Bumble, I was stunned to see Bumble running and such on stage because of his pain, he is an incredible guitar player, had an amazing way of hitting every note spot on.

Shackler's is just a monster live, Loved it! Of course the hightlight for me personally was Estranged, in all the years of seeing these guys live I have never seen this song (which is possibly my fav) It was fucking amazing to witness live, I was SOO happy I got to see this. Axl was dead on all night, the music and vocals clear where I was in the venue, you could hear everything all the while Axl cuts through the music to deliver a perfect vocal performance. Again I must stress youtube does nothing to show this at all, you have to be there.

I ended up with 2 tix extra half hour before the show so my sister in law who met us for drinks came and her daughter (my neice) neither were big Guns fans untill now, my neice bought a shirt and loved the performance (she is a Justin Beiber kinda girl LOL) she LOVED it! Makes me happy :)

The floor stayed full all night with the stands kinda emptying near the end assumably because people have to work in the morning, it was funny I heard a guy say this show will never end! hehe, I heard ZERO negative things from anyone near me, in fact I was very happy to see what appeared to be average fans singing and dancing to Chinese songs, everyone I saw was having a great time, reliving the past and enjoying the present :)

Had the opportunity to see Ron bckstage as well as Del James, tom mayhue, Beta, Vanessa, Jarmo. Had a great time chatting with all of them, no one else appeared at the aftershow, which wasen't perfect but who cares? We already had a perfect night :)

Just a side note about Ron, the man is in SEVERE pain after talking to him and seeing him, can hardly walk properly in between moans :( I am shocked by his determination of playing and meeting with fans, all fans should be thankful for him, he is amazing.

Thoughts? Yes, every time I see these guys they seem to have a way of stepping it up a notch, Everytime I see them it's the best one, same goes for this one, great show all around, so glad to have seen it in Hamilton! To anyone on the fence on to go or not to an upcoming show, just go you have nothing to loose and an amazing performance to gain! You will not be dissapointed!

Another side note, the venue had a horrible way to do things for drinks, beer was cut off early and then the other drink places shut down, no problem we wil go to vending machine right? WRONG! Signs on the vending machines said they are shut off for tonights show! WTF? To deny humans even water is insane!!! (no fountains either)

No I did not get video, didn't bring a camera and my phone is shit!

:)

Justin

Another funny Axl moment I remembered, when he came out with the cowboy hat he said something like "I know you guys probably don't care, but this is a Canadian cowboy hat!"

Good point Montrealer about the lack of wait times between the songs. I didn't really notice but you're right, it was pretty much instantaneous. Definitely helped keep the momentum going.

In regards to Mod bashing, I can only express how cool they were to us (strangers). Gunsguy even scored us backstage passes. You don't want to know want he wanted in return, whatever happens backstage...

editedpass.jpg

Edited by Coma16

Another funny Axl moment I remembered, when he came out with the cowboy hat he said something like "I know you guys probably don't care, but this is a Canadian cowboy hat!"

Good point Montrealer about the lack of wait times between the songs. I didn't really notice but you're right, it was pretty much instantaneous. Definitely helped keep the momentum going.

oh yeah! That was cool! Yes the momentum kept up a little better than before for sure!

In regards to Mod bashing, I can only express how cool they were to us (strangers). Gunsguy even scored us backstage passes. You don't want to know want he wanted in return, whatever happens backstage...

HAHA! That is hilarious! :) Glad to help ya out last night, You guys were awesome. :thumbsup:

Oh great! We worked really hard to make them believe we were assholes and you just destroyed it all!

Thanks! :tongue2:

Oh great! We worked really hard to make them believe we were assholes and you just destroyed it all!

Thanks! :tongue2:

Have to start over now fuck! :rofl-lol:

Wow, what a night!

Met up with Eric (admin), Montrealer, Powerage5(dude is hard core driving all night to get home for class and Cooper today!) at the Honest Lawyer for dinner (shitty service, Numerous times had to get our own beers, they fucked up our order etc etc) I think next time whenever that may be we go somewhere else for a pre-show. We then met users Coma16 and uzeurilluzion, both really awesome, friendly guys, we all hit it off really well. We spent some time having a few drinks and talking Guns talk (Duh!).

We waited for the huge Line to get smaller and went to the venue just as TPR were completing the set. Met forum member welcometothejungle in his seat, and chated with him a bit ( love that guy!) We were walking on the concourse when we heard something familier, the Dexter intro!

Boom off to our seats... Guns hit the stage earlier than I had thought which was great by me and the rest of the crowd, during change over while taking to welcometothejungle I only heard booing about the cops wanting to eject a couple guys in one section, the crowd was booing the police only, otherwise the wait was not very long at all for Guns.

Back to the show, Guns hit the stage completly on fire, they blasted through Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone much to the delight of us and the rest of the crowd. Axl seemed in high spirits smiling throught the entire set. He only spoke a few times but I did not catch what he said :( . DJ is a fucking animal running around, jumping, hanging on the rails at the sides of the ramps, during nightrain he walked out on the hockey boards, fell off and got back on back to the stage. He is a great performer, as goes with Richard and Bumble, I was stunned to see Bumble running and such on stage because of his pain, he is an incredible guitar player, had an amazing way of hitting every note spot on.

Shackler's is just a monster live, Loved it! Of course the hightlight for me personally was Estranged, in all the years of seeing these guys live I have never seen this song (which is possibly my fav) It was fucking amazing to witness live, I was SOO happy I got to see this. Axl was dead on all night, the music and vocals clear where I was in the venue, you could hear everything all the while Axl cuts through the music to deliver a perfect vocal performance. Again I must stress youtube does nothing to show this at all, you have to be there.

I ended up with 2 tix extra half hour before the show so my sister in law who met us for drinks came and her daughter (my neice) neither were big Guns fans untill now, my neice bought a shirt and loved the performance (she is a Justin Beiber kinda girl LOL) she LOVED it! Makes me happy :)

The floor stayed full all night with the stands kinda emptying near the end assumably because people have to work in the morning, it was funny I heard a guy say this show will never end! hehe, I heard ZERO negative things from anyone near me, in fact I was very happy to see what appeared to be average fans singing and dancing to Chinese songs, everyone I saw was having a great time, reliving the past and enjoying the present :)

Had the opportunity to see Ron bckstage as well as Del James, tom mayhue, Beta, Vanessa, Jarmo. Had a great time chatting with all of them, no one else appeared at the aftershow, which wasen't perfect but who cares? We already had a perfect night :)

Just a side note about Ron, the man is in SEVERE pain after talking to him and seeing him, can hardly walk properly in between moans :( I am shocked by his determination of playing and meeting with fans, all fans should be thankful for him, he is amazing.

Thoughts? Yes, every time I see these guys they seem to have a way of stepping it up a notch, Everytime I see them it's the best one, same goes for this one, great show all around, so glad to have seen it in Hamilton! To anyone on the fence on to go or not to an upcoming show, just go you have nothing to loose and an amazing performance to gain! You will not be dissapointed!

Another side note, the venue had a horrible way to do things for drinks, beer was cut off early and then the other drink places shut down, no problem we wil go to vending machine right? WRONG! Signs on the vending machines said they are shut off for tonights show! WTF? To deny humans even water is insane!!! (no fountains either)

:)

Justin

I am glad to hear that u had a blast! Great fn review! Thanks.

On my way back to Montreal and I feel like a truck hit me!

It's was a great night, we had a room at the Sheraton next to the venue so we didn't had to cab all night.

Met a lot of nice people : coma16, powerage, GG, useyourilkuzion, welcometothejungle...

We tried to send update all night but the 3G network was hard to get in the building. Got some videos and pictures I'll post when I get home. Powerage have some great pictures too! So to you who kept saying that the mods didn't send updates and we're just having fun with party passes, think again. That means you too miss M ;)

I dont think I have to go thru the set list again. I saw this band a few times in the past 2 years and you can see that they are having a lot of fun. The show is almost the same as last year but without all the waits between songs. They just keep playing non-stop.

Tommy and Ron did a little dance at some point, I don't remember what song but it was a funny moment.

Axl was in top shape last night, he didn't really talked to the crowd execpt to talk about the glow in the dark bunny on his shirt but he was all smile and in a great mood. You could ear during patience that he's still fighting his bronchitis. But the guy is really working hard and gives himself 100%.

Another great Axl moment: there was no water at the venue and it was really hot. At the end of the show, Axl went in the back and ask the band to help him. He grabbed water bottles and threw them in the crowd.

It was a great show!

I'll be putting my pics up on here...after I get through that Alice Cooper gig tonight and I'm still alive! :lol:

Wow, what a night!

Back to the show, Guns hit the stage completly on fire, they blasted through Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone much to the delight of us and the rest of the crowd. Axl seemed in high spirits smiling throught the entire set. He only spoke a few times but I did not catch what he said . DJ is a fucking animal running around, jumping, hanging on the rails at the sides of the ramps, during nightrain he walked out on the hockey boards, fell off and got back on back to the stage. He is a great performer, as goes with Richard and Bumble, I was stunned to see Bumble running and such on stage because of his pain, he is an incredible guitar player, had an amazing way of hitting every note spot on.

I ended up with 2 tix extra half hour before the show so my sister in law who met us for drinks came and her daughter (my neice) neither were big Guns fans untill now, my neice bought a shirt and loved the performance (she is a Justin Beiber kinda girl LOL) she LOVED it! Makes me happy

The floor stayed full all night with the stands kinda emptying near the end assumably because people have to work in the morning, it was funny I heard a guy say this show will never end! hehe, I heard ZERO negative things from anyone near me, in fact I was very happy to see what appeared to be average fans singing and dancing to Chinese songs, everyone I saw was having a great time, reliving the past and enjoying the present

Justin

I was really amazed at Ron's dedication to the fans, he's one of the nicest guys around. I couldn't believe how he covers the pain up on stage...and then you see him afterwards and you can barely believe he's the same guy. He's a true class act and I wish him nothing but the best! :thumbsup:

On a sidenote, I never knew we had a limit on the number of emoticons in a post. My post got rejected my first try, due to the number of emoticons between my post and Gunsguy's quote!

Regarding the cowboy hat, he said the above with one additional line, basically "True story. Picked it up the last time through." Assume he meant on the previous Canadian tour.

And good point about the time between songs, there was very little downtime, somebody was playing something pretty much the whole time.

Should add it was kind of funny how many people were recording clips with their cameras at different times. At one point I looked toward the stage and there were 4 or 5 cameras held up right in front of me, several more closer to the stage, I looked to the right and saw a couple more, then got bumped in the head by someone holding up a camera right behind me, lol.

One guy had a 3-D camera. Would be really interesting to see what that footage looks like.

Should add it was kind of funny how many people were recording clips with their cameras at different times. At one point I looked toward the stage and there were 4 or 5 cameras held up right in front of me, several more closer to the stage, I looked to the right and saw a couple more, then got bumped in the head by someone holding up a camera right behind me, lol.

One guy had a 3-D camera. Would be really interesting to see what that footage looks like.

Security seemed like they didn't really care. They were more concerned about people smoking and fighting.

I took a bunch of vids my cannon (lol) but none came out good. Not sure what i did wrong...