Hamilton, ON November 28th 2011 @ copps Coliseum

fallingred85

It cracks me up that there are 3 mods at this show and we're getting no updates from them!!!

Hope they enjoy the after show party!!!!

Maybe they're enjoying the show rather than letting the people who aren't there know what's going on?!

That's usually what I try to do. But if I was in a seat I would totally be updating

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It cracks me up that there are 3 mods at this show and we're getting no updates from them!!!

Maybe they're enjoying the show rather than letting the people who aren't there know what's going on?!

That's usually what I try to do. But if I was in a seat I would totally be updating

Yeah, same. But I will most likely always be on the floor, so I'll never be updating :lol:

edit:

so far, it seems the setlist has gone something like this:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Shackler's Revenge

Estranged

November Rain

Nightrain

Very long renditions of each song.

Edited by Black Sabbath

If the mods are at the show, then we can say whatever we want for a awhile.

Vagina.

Behave

No. Fuck you. Vaginavaginavagina.

Dude, that's a mod.

This is like the day in class when the teachers are all away and suddenly everyone starts throwing paper balls at each other. :unsure:

Maybe the other band members will post here after talking to the mods? Far fetched hope but it would be great to see people like Tommy, Dizzy and the great Pitman chat on mygnrforum.

Just got home. Absolutely amazing show. No surprises in the set list but I wasn't expecting any. It's a very satisfying set to see live. Even though I could guess most of the time what was coming next it left nothing to be desired. A near three hour show is nothing to complain about!

I might post a longer review tomorrow but here was some of the highlights:

- Axl's voice was the perfect mix of rasp and clean vocals throughout (Jungle sounding better than ever and Nightrain was spot on, to name a couple)

- Shackler's was a lot of fun, the crowd was quite into that one

- Good flow of the set list, as soon as it starts getting quiet (Sorry) they know exactly how to bring the energy back

- Axl didn't say much but smiled a lot, made a few comments, and the band in general seemed really excited and happy

- Bumblefoot is a god, his Pink Panther solo stood out to me of the solos tonight, the guy gives it his all

- Fun to see DJ and Ron switch guitars, I think it was during KOHD

- Small crowd but stayed pretty lively (my section stood the whole time, as did the ones around it)

Overall, an awesome, high energy show. This band is really something to see live. The amount of energy and effort by the band made this concert far surpass last year's show.

A funny little story too:

There was a drunk as fuck guy in front of me and my buddy at the show. He was stumbling all over and spilling his beer on his wife/girlfriend or whoever by about four songs in. She smacked him and that settled him down for a couple songs. Then every two seconds he kept doing a wolf whistle. It started getting on mine, my buddy's and a couple others around us nerves when the drunk guy stumbled off and left for half the show. His wife/girlfriend went to find him and got him back for the encore. He went right back to the whistling, was being really obnoxious, so my buddy finally interjected and politely asked her to try and get him to stop.

Her response?

"Oh... so his whistling is bothering you but the loud music isn't? He missed half the show let him do what he wants."

Our response?

"That was his own fault. We asked twice already."

"No, it wasn't his fault."

"Yes... it's not our fault he's a dumbass and ruined his own experience."

Then she absolutely lost it with all kinds of "You're a fucking asshole, don't start calling him names. Now you've pissed me off!" until the guy next to my buddy told her to "shut the fuck up" and she finally turned around.

Good little bit of entertainment. :lol:

I should also point out:

Pretty Reckless didn't start until 9:15 and played for an hour. I didn't expect Guns till 11 at that point so I was surprised when they came out at 10:45. Not a long wait at all! Show got over at about 1:30, so nearly three hours.

Pretty Reckless has some decent tunes to get you pumped up, but I have to admit as hot as she is it was weird seeing Cindy Lou Who dropping f-bombs every ten seconds. :lol:

Pretty Reckless has some decent tunes to get you pumped up, but I have to admit as hot as she is it was weird seeing Cindy Lou Who dropping f-bombs every ten seconds. :lol:

I know what you mean man...really weird.

Kind of funny too when she was rambling on about "Who's drinkin' here tonight!" when she isn't even old enough to legally drink in Canada.

Cindy Lou, you rebel, you.

Kind of funny too when she was rambling on about "Who's drinkin' here tonight!" when she isn't even old enough to legally drink in Canada.

How classy of her. Its like those teens who singing about that shit and you go "what do you know about life?"

What's the drinking age in Canada?

How classy of her. Its like those teens who singing about that shit and you go "what do you know about life?"

What's the drinking age in Canada?

19, and she only just turned 18 in July so she's still got a bit to go. I almost felt embarrassed for her - she was trying SO hard. I guess it doesn't really matter for the sake of the show though, I mean, we did get to look at her for an hour. :lol:

Its like, okay we get it, you're barely legal, still too young to drink, you were some little girl on a famous show, and you wear nipple tape. Just shut up and sing your songs.

She can't be any worse than Kesha though.

Edit: My post number equals the Battle of Hastings!

Edited by BirdCatcher