Loaded to open shows!

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I totally forgot how Axl would just throw everything he has done the last +/-15 years away just so he can play with someone that isn't keen on making songs that don't sound like it has been done before. In the '80's.

Most of the current GN'R tour consists of songs from the 80's :D

Way to fail missing the point :D

Ok Doddo, you win. I wrong, you are right. For the rest of eternity. You continue to be negative 95% of the time, and I will continue supporting my favorite band.

This is a great thing. a great break for Loaded, and a very cool thing for both Axl and Duff to do. Everybody involved wins.

Never said it wasn't a great thing. Where was I negative in this thread? :shrugs:

Bobo, don't cry when people insults you. You keep pushing people to do so.

Now to see you report people that insults you us kinda lame.

You had a warning this morning from Powerage yet you continu to play your little game.

I'm giving you a week off, enjoy it!

lol

Oh I totally forgot how Axl would just throw everything he has done the last +/-15 years away just so he can play with someone that isn't keen on making songs that don't sound like it has been done before. In the '80's.

Most of the current GN'R tour consists of songs from the 80's :D

Way to fail missing the point :D

Ok Doddo, you win. I wrong, you are right. For the rest of eternity. You continue to be negative 95% of the time, and I will continue supporting my favorite band.

This is a great thing. a great break for Loaded, and a very cool thing for both Axl and Duff to do. Everybody involved wins.

Never said it wasn't a great thing. Where was I negative in this thread? :shrugs:

Bobo, don't cry when people insults you. You keep pushing people to do so.

Now to see you report people that insults you us kinda lame.

You had a warning this morning from Powerage yet you continu to play your little game.

I'm giving you a week off, enjoy it!

lol

Hot damn :o I suggested that fucka keep it in the bedroom...man I hope Loaded plays come Dec. 1st.

I think some of you are overreacting to this. Is it always wrong for an artist to open for a former band? Imagine an artist who chooses to quit to do something new and then opens for the old band, which he is on good terms with, to present the new project to the old fans. Would that be wrong or great promotion? I think great promotion.

And I think this is comparable if Duff feels like he is not in GN'R cause he doesn't want to, and if that is not because he was chased away by Axl. If he's simply moved on it's a great way to publicity.

Plus, I don't think Duff is nearly as melodramatic about GN'R as the fans. For him it's simply another lifetime.

I don't think anybody is as melodramatic about anything as some of these Gn'R "fans".

It is REALLY, REALLY awkward for Duff to open for GnR.... he is part of GnR.... Of course it's awesome, 'cause Loaded is awesome and all...but.... I wonder how Duff feels about this... it's like "I'm the opening act for something I was once a part of and helped build" really strange...

I think he sees it as a fun night and a good way of getting his songs out there. He was awkward about the last show he did w/GNR because he didn't have his bass with him and was a freebie. GNR made money, he didn't. And remember, Axl complained (either here or in an interview elsewhere) that when Izzy joined them, he started talking about money with the tour manager and got a little upset about it because it came across as dealing behind his back. But opening slot is a win/win. Now he gets paid, and it's a choice as to if he even wants to play with them, but you know if he's asked, he will. If he doesn't, he won't.

Is it weird for him? Maybe a little bit, but there's guys that are part of the crew, plus Dizzy & Tommy that he's known over the years. He doesn't have to worry about what Axl's up to, he just does his set and he's kicking it backstage either with his wife, his bandmates, and the other GNR guys waiting for Axl to show up. It's a good way to promote his music, and a good way for Axl to sell tickets for the possibility of Duff doing a short set with them. There's no guarantees he will, but he already saw the reaction in England when Duff joined in. And you never know with Izzy possibly showing up to join in at least once on the tour. Or Adler for that matter.

We keep thinking Duff was kicked out of the band or something. He chose to leave, and he doesn't regret it. He is cool with Axl & the whole band now. He is thinking it would be a great way to broaden the appeal of Loaded while having a good time with new & old friends.

Of course, how long will his fun last when Axl & Co. are 2 hours late every nite...

Guest Sweet Tooth

Any announcement on which shows? Hopefully Hamilton hehehe, it would be awesome to see Duff, Baz and then GnR... Baz and Duff will probably make an appearance on GnR's set!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Axl clearly stated in an interview that: Slash did stuff that Axl could never forgive him for.

Maybe, if one day, Axl writes a book, we'll know what those things were. But knowing Axl, he'll never stoop to the same level as Slash unless he absolutely has to in order to defend himself.

So it's TRUE ... the *only* guy Axl has issues with is Slash!

Slash must have done something very very terrible and :drevil: to piss Axl off!

:D

Or rather both of them have yet to resolve conflicts that they both are a part of and that both could have handled better.

Maybe, if one day, Axl writes a book, we'll know what those things were. But knowing Axl, he'll never stoop to the same level as Slash unless he absolutely has to in order to defend himself.

With all due respect, none of us know either of them personally or really know everything that went down so I don't know if anyone can jump to such one-sided conclusions that easily. If anything both of them played a big part in what went down around that time and both also probably have different perceptions of what went down

So in conclusion I can't see how anyone here can really hate one or the other so much where they spend most of their time attacking one of them nonstop

Can they both have handled certain things better? Yes. Do they have different viewpoints ? Yes. Does that give forum members the right to bash one or the other non-stop? Absolutely not

As for me, I am here to enjoy the music from both of them :thumbsup:

Edited by WhazUp

I'm sure for Duff, it also has a lot to do with $MONEY$ too.

Loaded on their own couldn't fill up a bar even if their lives depended on it.

How in the world is it weird and awkward for Duff? He is CHOOSING to do this.

GnR fans are some of the strangest people. Still obsessed with the name of a band. For Duff it is about rock and roll, not about names of bands.

The stuff Axl is referring to has nothing to do with the *breakup*. So it doesn't matter who you think was to blame for the breakup.

It's about the stuff Slash did *after* he packed his bags and left.

It's like the jealous obsessive EX who does things to sabotage your happiness after you've broken up with each other.

With all due respect, none of us know either of them personally or really know everything that went down so I don't know if anyone can jump to such one-sided conclusions that easily. If anything both of them played a big part in what went down around that time and both also probably have different perceptions of what went down

So in conclusion I can't see how anyone here can really hate one or the other so much where they spend most of their time attacking one of them nonstop

Can they both have handled certain things better? Yes. Do they have different viewpoints ? Yes. Does that give forum members the right to bash one or the other non-stop? Absolutely not

How in the world is it weird and awkward for Duff? He is CHOOSING to do this.

GnR fans are some of the strangest people. Still obsessed with the name of a band. For Duff it is about rock and roll, not about names of bands.

I'm sure for Duff, it also has a lot to do with $MONEY$ too.

Loaded on their own couldn't fill up a bar even if their lives depended on it.

That's what they do for a living. It's OK.

You have good intentions and are a great member here but you are beating a dead horse.

Also you don't have to jump in every topic that attacks Saul.

Even though I do admit i do seem to be debating Slash with you and gnrfan2007 quite a bit I guess for me I just don't get why there is so much hate for him coming from you guys . I apologize if it seems that I am going out of my way to point this out cause we do have cool conversations and debates at times - but I just don't see how anyone here can hate him so much to make such pointed comments. I know that we are most likely never gonna see eye to eye on this issue but my hope is that maybe we can debate these issues without calling people names or calling Slash ridicoulous things like a "cancer".

I'm a little surprised that Axl would agree to it seeing that Duff's new book is taking the same stance as Slash over the ownership of the name. I know that they got together last year and talked a bit, but would Axl not be pissed that Duff is publishing something that Axl told us is a complete lie?