Do you think Oh My God is gonna play this tour?

The Catcher in the Rye

Oh My God is the best song of the so-called new GN'R era.

It just baffles me that they refuse to play 50-70% of their own material. This has been going on for 10 years now. Absolutely incomprehensible.

Because unfortunately, people who go to see GN'R still expect to hear a vast majority of the set consisting of pre-1994 songs.

I do firmly believe we'll hear Oh My God before year's end.

Again oh my god sucks can we quit this shit already

It's like telling them to play my world

#MYWORLD Twitter them that idiot

Tony might be a little harsh, but amen brotha.

The only good thing about that song is that we heard new music on the radio for the first time in 6 years or whatever.

I'm gonna start tweeting for You Ain't the First. That song blows away OMG! hee hee

"Oh My God" doesn't suck at all, especially that live version of it. I imagine if they re-recorded it or just played it live with the current band it would sound even better.

Tony might be a little harsh, but amen brotha.

The only good thing about that song is that we heard new music on the radio for the first time in 6 years or whatever.

I'm gonna start tweeting for You Ain't the First. That song blows away OMG! hee hee

I would love to see "You Ain't the First."

Oh My God is the best song of the so-called new GN'R era.

It just baffles me that they refuse to play 50-70% of their own material. This has been going on for 10 years now. Absolutely incomprehensible.

What do you mean their "own" material? Chinese Democracy is DJ and Bumblefoot's material?

What do you mean their "own" material? Chinese Democracy is DJ and Bumblefoot's material?

Well, it's not really... it was written/recorded by Axl, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Josh Freese, Dave Navarro, Chris Pitman.

What I am saying is Guns N' Roses is not playing even half of Guns N' Roses catalogue. Whether old or new.

:sleeper:

Certainly would like to hear it properly to see how the song has evolved. We know they do other stuff in rehearsal that hasn't yet been played live but the fact that they actually played OMG in a soundcheck suggests it's more likely that it will be brought back into the set.

I kinda feel that if they'd like to do some different/rare/new material then they should do a couple of very low key club/theatre shows where it's made clear that they're not going to be doing hits. Obviously they can play stuff countless times in rehearsal but they really need to do it in front of a live crowd to get it proper tight.

Once they've done that then they might feel a lot more comfortable about putting more different material into sets for arena shows.

Edited by Bansidhe

I like how the instruments stop before Axl is finished.

Axl actually fucked up, quite badly, but played it off really well.

November Rain, Patience and Paradise City have been played to death by now. Even Uncle Axl is probably sick n tired of playing them every night.

Kind of sad if it's a 'pleasing' thing. Guns N' Roses should just play whatever they want to play.

Every band is going to play their biggest hits.

November Rain, Patience and Paradise City have been played to death by now. Even Uncle Axl is probably sick n tired of playing them every night.

Kind of sad if it's a 'pleasing' thing. Guns N' Roses should just play whatever they want to play.

Maiden dropped Run To The Hills in 2010. :thumbsup:

Why the fuck would they play Oh My God? That song is buried.... I don't know why all you people are expecting this song to be played... It has been played live only 4 fucking times.. And you think they're gonna bring it back now??? Give me a fucking break... Stop being fucking unrealistic... Hoping for Estranged to be played is one thing.... Hoping for Oh My God or fucking Coma to be played is fucking ridiculous. Ain't gonna happen, so stop it already. You better focus on other songs which could actually be played live, like There Was A Time, Catcher in the Rye, or even Civil War.... Oh My God? Bitch please.

I'm sorry. How many times was TWAT played?

Really? Huh, alright then. Nevermind! :)

Maybe slowly but surely bands will start to get rid of classics. If Maiden can do it, anybody can.

It was great because The Evil That Men Do returned.

Maybe slowly but surely bands will start to get rid of classics. If Maiden can do it, anybody can.

It was great because The Evil That Men Do returned.

If this version of GNR puts out another record or two, we might only see a 6-10 tops of the old stuff. Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child, November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, etc.

I honestly think right now they're just getting a decent reputation back in the states this run, showing some Chinese Democracy material and get people into it the classics, then drop a new album next year.

Edited by Ak1nney

It's hard to argue about a specific song, because everybody has different favorites.

There are at least 10 songs I would rather hear live than Oh My God. So as badly as somebody might wish for OMG, I hope the same amount for Yesterdays or civil war.