Axl should write an autobiography

Georgy Zhukov

Sure. Eventually... Like when he's 65. For now- I frankly hope Axl focuses on releasing music and performing for the foreseeable future. This tour has proven- to me anyway- that rather amazingly he STILL has the opportunity to make up for lots of lost time as a performer and song writer. As much as I'd love to have his side of the story in written form- I'd hate to see him get distracted from his music while trying to pen the next "War and Peace" or whatever...

Sure. Eventually... Like when he's 65. For now- I frankly hope Axl focuses on releasing music and performing for the foreseeable future. This tour has proven- to me anyway- that rather amazingly he STILL has the opportunity to make up for lots of lost time as a performer and song writer. As much as I'd love to have his side of the story in written form- I'd hate to see him get distracted from his music while trying to pen the next "War and Peace" or whatever...

Lol okay you have a point, I rather him focus on recording and performing.

From what I remember, according to the MSL list, there is a document detailing Axl's side of the story called 'The Honor of Thieves'. There was also a rumour of Axl contributing a lengthy article to Rolling Stone magazine some time ago, but pulling out at the last minute. It is unclear whether these are the same document, or separate entities.

ThinkAboutYou: Axl sebastian bach mentioned you were writing an autobiography how is that progressing?

Axl: It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.

I remember when Izzy said he visited Axl's home in 1995 and a month later he received a call from Axl, they were talking for hours and Izzy noticed that Axl had a notepad with him the entire conversation, bringing up really old stuff.

Maybe that was a little clue that Axl could have been writing something. I don't know.

Edited by pi2loc

From what I remember, according to the MSL list, there is a document detailing Axl's side of the story called 'The Honor of Thieves'. There was also a rumour of Axl contributing a lengthy article to Rolling Stone magazine some time ago, but pulling out at the last minute. It is unclear whether these are the same document, or separate entities.

Good memory bro, do you have any idea where the complete list of that MSL post was? Even if just for fun, I'd love to read it again.

ThinkAboutYou: Axl sebastian bach mentioned you were writing an autobiography how is that progressing?

Axl: It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.

In addition to this, Rolling Stone was in negotiations with Axl and his manager to publish his events of the break-up in the magazine but pulled out at the last minute.

I can't source this, maybe if one of you is interested you can look it up? Not sure the timeframe, I believe it was somewhere between 1999-2004 though. I also seem to remember 10,000 words being the number but I could be completely off there.

Neil Strauss wants to interview Axl for Rolling Stone for a cover story, and Axl can put that essay out. After Slash, Duff, and Steven wrote their books, I don't know if he feels the need to defend himself on what happened, he may have thought the books were going to bash him pretty hard, which none of them did, or said anything too personal about him, which they didn't.

I'm sure if Axl re-wrote it now, it would be more about the management than it would be about members of the band, and Del would prob. be the one writing it with him.

Good memory bro, do you have any idea where the complete list of that MSL post was? Even if just for fun, I'd love to read it again.

Found it.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2210&Itemid=42

I really wish he would put it out.

I think it would change alot of peoples

Attitude toward him if he did.

Because what info is out there certainly places the majority

Of the blame on him. Not to say it would erase all of the blame but it would def

Give people an idea what it's like in his head and what he was thinking.

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Yeah, that would be cool since everyone else in the original lineup has written a book except for Izzy.

I would like to hear Axl's version of the early years with the band, but I would also like to know how his childhood was and did he always want to write and record music and become a rock star?

Found it.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2210&Itemid=42

That's impressive. Can you explain me how they have those files? I don't know anything about this but I'd kill to read those files.

Found it.

That's impressive. Can you explain me how they have those files? I don't know anything about this but I'd kill to read those files.

I want those document's now dammit!

Seriously, it would be awesome to have a few of those documents, or Axl could finally write a autobiography. I wonder if Axl every wrote one during the down time of GN'R.

Found it.

Seriously, it would be awesome to have a few of those documents, or Axl could finally write a autobiography. I wonder if Axl every wrote one during the down time of GN'R.

I remember an interview with Slash and Duff, back in 2004 (I think), they said that Axl was the more critical about what they were doing, that they knew that Axl asked for a copy of the single 'Set Me Free'. Don't know if that's true though, but I'd like to know what Axl thinks about VR.

Found it.

I remember an interview with Slash and Duff, back in 2004 (I think), they said that Axl was the more critical about what they were doing, that they knew that Axl asked for a copy of the single 'Set Me Free'. Don't know if that's true though, but I'd like to know what Axl thinks about VR.

I could be off here... but I thought word came back at some point that Axl thought Contradband was fair/decent but its production left much to be desired... Anybody remember that? :question:

I do recall Axl completely declining to comment about VR in at least one of his on-line "chat" sessions though...