Nine Lives is Aerosmith's most underrated record.

Towelie

Guest Len B'stard

I ain't heard that many albums of theirs actually. I've heard Pump, i've had the greatest hits one called Big Ones i've heard the one Slash goes on about. Think thats about it? No, one more actually, the one with the udder on it. All pretty good :):)

Totally. I may not fully agree with your track picks though. And I still love Pump, though I prefer Nine Lives.

Which would be your picks then??

Well, imo Crash, out of your picks, is complete shit, it's one of the few Aerosmith songs with no redeemable feature whatsoever. Along with that I'm not crazy about Attitude Adjustment. Other than those, I like all songs off the album more or less.

I got into this album very early on, as far as my history with music is concerned; it's one of the first albums that got me into rock'n'roll so I've listened to these songs many many many times, more so than songs on most other albums, so there's been enough time for my tastes and my view on the tracks to fluctuate. The one constant has been Hole In My Soul. It's one of my top 5 Aerosmith favorites (along with Crazy, Amazing, Livin On The Edge and Sweet Emotion). It's the song that made me a fan basically. I had always liked Crazy and Cryin' and Girls of Summer and so on, but I wasn't exactly a fan, I'd never bothered to look very deep into the discography, but once I heard Hole In my Soul I thought, "ok, this is a band that I can get into", so I started looking harder. For a few years (roughly '02-'05) Aerosmith was my favorite band; it's still one of my favorites.

Pink, Full Circle and Ain't That A Bitch for my other track picks. As I said, I love all songs on Nine Lives, but these two I have constantly been into. Even if there have been long periods, many months at a time, when I wouldn't listen to them, there have never been times when they would come up on shuffle and I'd wanna press skip.

Now, depends on how many picks you want. Nine Lives, The Farm and Something's Gotta Give are tracks I've gotten into more recently, like in the last 3 years or so, all very catchy, with infectious choruses and very strong beats. Fallen Angels, Kiss Your Past Goodbye and Taste Of India are those that I enjoyed straight away and all through that period I mentioned ('02-'05, when the majority of music I listened too was post-'86 Aerosmith) I listened to them like crazy, but since they've been on the bench more or less.

Falling In Love is not among my favs in its original version, but it's an absolute beast live, and one of the highlights of the two shows I caught in 2010.

So yeah, I love the album overall, but songs 3, 4 and 11 above all others.

Totally. I may not fully agree with your track picks though. And I still love Pump, though I prefer Nine Lives.

Which would be your picks then??

Well, imo Crash, out of your picks, is complete shit, it's one of the few Aerosmith songs with no redeemable feature whatsoever. Along with that I'm not crazy about Attitude Adjustment. Other than those, I like all songs off the album more or less.

I got into this album very early on, as far as my history with music is concerned; it's one of the first albums that got me into rock'n'roll so I've listened to these songs many many many times, more so than songs on most other albums, so there's been enough time for my tastes and my view on the tracks to fluctuate. The one constant has been Hole In My Soul. It's one of my top 5 Aerosmith favorites (along with Crazy, Amazing, Livin On The Edge and Sweet Emotion). It's the song that made me a fan basically. I had always liked Crazy and Cryin' and Girls of Summer and so on, but I wasn't exactly a fan, I'd never bothered to look very deep into the discography, but once I heard Hole In my Soul I thought, "ok, this is a band that I can get into", so I started looking harder. For a few years (roughly '02-'05) Aerosmith was my favorite band; it's still one of my favorites.

Pink, Full Circle and Ain't That A Bitch for my other track picks. As I said, I love all songs on Nine Lives, but these two I have constantly been into. Even if there have been long periods, many months at a time, when I wouldn't listen to them, there have never been times when they would come up on shuffle and I'd wanna press skip.

Now, depends on how many picks you want. Nine Lives, The Farm and Something's Gotta Give are tracks I've gotten into more recently, like in the last 3 years or so, all very catchy, with infectious choruses and very strong beats. Fallen Angels, Kiss Your Past Goodbye and Taste Of India are those that I enjoyed straight away and all through that period I mentioned ('02-'05, when the majority of music I listened too was post-'86 Aerosmith) I listened to them like crazy, but since they've been on the bench more or less.

Falling In Love is not among my favs in its original version, but it's an absolute beast live, and one of the highlights of the two shows I caught in 2010.

So yeah, I love the album overall, but songs 3, 4 and 11 above all others.

I can't believe you don't like Crash. It's my favourite on the album and probably in my top 10 all time favourite Aerosmith songs. I agree with you on Attitude Adjustment though.

Is Just Push Play any good? I never got around to buying that one....

Edited by Towelie

Pump is the one that everybody likes but is nobody's favorite.

Just push Play is excellent. Very hard rocking. It's slicker, not as dirty, more pop and less blues to it (less than Nine Lives, that is; much less then Get A Grip), but doesn't take the foot off the gas pedal. Almost every song is insanely catchy, and the ballads are quite beautiful. Better than Nine Lives imo. My favorite, after Get A Grip.

Pretty much all are worth hearing from the debut up to Rocks, and from Permanent Vacation to present day, plus select songs off the others.

I actually think Pump is underrated. From my knowledge, it seem most Aerosmith fans don't like it or are "meh" about the record; And I hardly ever see it mentioned when people are talking great Aerosmith albums.

I agree, pump is my favorite along with rocks but is never talked up all too much, it has some amazing songs.

One of their best albums. "Full Circle" is one of their best songs, period - top 5 for sure, probably top 3.

I always imagine being somewhere cold, somewhere like Scandinavia or the Alps, getting through a snow storm, walking into a cabin or anywhere warm, with friends, having a hot drink, probably mulled wine and singing the chorus. It's got an adventure RPG feel to it, like Icewind Dale or Dungeon Siege or something like that. I can actually see the dwarves. :lol: Might be cuz I used to play Diablo 2 5th act and listen to it when I was in the town.