Is anybody else thinking that GNR should try getting a song in Prometheus?

ITW 2012

Is anybody else thinking that GNR should try getting a song in Prometheus? Ridley Scott, who directed the original Alien, and now Prometheus, also hand picked If The World for Body of Lies. I'm thinking Axl must have some great space rockers in his leftover bag of Democracy, and it would be a good idea to try and get one of them included in this likely blockbuster.

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Prometheus doesn't seem that kinda of movie where you can slap rock-songs carelessly on top of it. It needs original and instrumental score only.

Axl's probably got some pretty cool instrumental sections they could use, or they could stick it in at the end like in Body of Lies. Even the music already in the trailer sounds like something Axl could make.

Edited by ITW 2012

No. Prometheus doesn't seem that kinda of movie where you can slap rock-songs carelessly on top of it. It needs original and instrumental score only.

Axl's probably got some pretty cool instrumental sections they could use, or they could stick it in at the end like in Body of Lies. Even the music already in the trailer sounds like something Axl could make.

Well, that's true... maybe some industrial-thing mixed with piano would be cool. And Axl could pull it off. But seems kind of a long shot :D...

Please.

No.

Jason Graves should do it ( since Jerry Goldsmith is dead ).

Do not fuck with this movie. It's the last hope for Alien fans. This incredible franchise has been raped in the worst ways possible since Alien 3. A reboot is the only way possible to redeem it and Axl isn't going to help at all.

This movie needs subtle orchestral music mixed with sound design, not Axl Rose. He is an incredible singer, a great rock composer, but he isn't much more than that. Sorry. :shrugs:

I think Serj Tankian is premiering a new song in this flick. Am I wrong?

By the way, did anyone else feel that "Elect the dead" and "Chinese Democracy" were similar? The only true relation between the two that I am aware of, is that Brain played on both records.

Ever since hearing Elect the dead I just find this connection (somehow) between that and Chinese Democracy.

Please.

No.

Do not fuck with this movie. It's the last hope for Alien fans. This incredible franchise has been raped in the worst ways possible since Alien 3. A reboot is the only way possible to redeem it and Axl isn't going to help at all.

This movie needs subtle orchestral music mixed with sound design, not Axl Rose. He is an incredible singer, a great rock composer, but he isn't much more than that. Sorry. :shrugs:

When you say "since" Alien 3, do you mean including Alien 3? I fucken love that movie! It still had the feel and integrity of the Alien franchise. Alien Resurrection was a parody at best...

Um... no. Probably would not suit the movie. Don't think Alien movies should have a "sound track" anyway (unless its played during the credits roll).

Also, fairly sure this Alien reboot is gonna suck regardless of Ridley Scott. Alien 1-3 were awesome and should have been left alone at that. In the end it was a horror/sci-fi movie which lost its impact when they kept on rehashing the same subject over and over. Wish they would just leave it alone...

Please.

No.

I agree with this post, Alien and Aliens were two of the greatest science-fiction films of all time. The latter two were diabolically awful and let's not even get started on AVP... This film is literally the last chance to restore some dignity to the franchise... I still get angry when I think about how bad Alien 3 is.

I agree with this post, Alien and Aliens were two of the greatest science-fiction films of all time. The latter two were diabolically awful and let's not even get started on AVP... This film is literally the last chance to restore some dignity to the franchise... I still get angry when I think about how bad Alien 3 is.

I don't get the hate for Alien 3 seriously. I mean it was no masterpiece and obviously it's going to look worse bearing in mind what it had to follow but taken on its own merits I don't think it's really that bad of a movie.

Please.

No.

I personally think Alien 3 was awesome, it just wasn't Aliens part III. Every Alien film had it's own feel and tone and I think alot of people wanted the third to be all out interspace warfare on a mass scale, "Aliens" on steroids. Not saying that is your opinion, but that's my thought on why it cops alot of flak. I loved the look and scenery and it's bleakness. But each to their own. Alien Resurrection is more of a comedy in my mind.

I personally think Alien 3 was awesome, it just wasn't Aliens part III. Every Alien film had it's own feel and tone and I think alot of people wanted the third to be all out interspace warfare on a mass scale, "Aliens" on steroids. Not saying that is your opinion, but that's my thought on why it cops alot of flak. I loved the look and scenery and it's bleakness. But each to their own. Alien Resurrection is more of a comedy in my mind.

It's also fascinating to read about all the problems encountered in the production of Alien 3. Fincher and the studio were practically at war based on what I've read and we're lucky a film of any kind was ever released.

Alien 3 Story

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

I don't get the hate for Alien 3 seriously. I mean it was no masterpiece and obviously it's going to look worse bearing in mind what it had to follow but taken on its own merits I don't think it's really that bad of a movie.

Please.

No.

I can't really put it down to more than just personal taste, but I really really hated Alien 3. It is to date the only movie I have ever stopped watching halfway through simply out of disgust, it's like they took everything I loved about the first two films and just systematically destroyed it... The "Oh yeah, Newt, Hicks and Bishop are dead by the way..." clause at the beginning was cheap, lazy and very unrewarding the characters themselves were unsympathetic, the plot was dull. I don't think there's a movie I hate more than Alien 3 (and coming from a guy whose favourite film is Jaws, I hope this says a lot). They should have left it at Aliens if that was the best they could come up with.

Please.

No.

I can't really put it down to more than just personal taste, but I really really hated Alien 3. It is to date the only movie I have ever stopped watching halfway through simply out of disgust, it's like they took everything I loved about the first two films and just systematically destroyed it... The "Oh yeah, Newt, Hicks and Bishop are dead by the way..." clause at the beginning was cheap, lazy and very unrewarding the characters themselves were unsympathetic, the plot was dull. I don't think there's a movie I hate more than Alien 3 (and coming from a guy whose favourite film is Jaws, I hope this says a lot). They should have left it at Aliens if that was the best they could come up with.

Valid call, if you dislike a movie, you dislike a movie.

This movie is seriously gonna be a classic piece of sci-fi art, and I cannot wait for it. I'm sure they have a dark, harder edged song they could use for the movie. Maybe something like a slower, grinding 'Oh My God' would work. BTW, 'Alien 3' was a pretty genius movie, and completely overlooked and underrated. It's honestly my favorite of the series...

Please.

No.

When you say "since" Alien 3, do you mean including Alien 3? I fucken love that movie! It still had the feel and integrity of the Alien franchise. Alien Resurrection was a parody at best...

No man, no. Alien 3 is terrible and I am sorry you love it.

Now someone else said Alien movies shoudn't have a soundtrack? They have soundtracks.