Who will be THE lead guitarist on CDII?

ashysdad

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Axl said anything about playing with Buckethead on the new album? I don't recall...

Axl told a forum member at the Versace afterparty years ago that Bucket's solo on Silkworms will blow us away...

I hadn't heard this. Cheers :)

Well I wouldn't mind if Bucket played some solos here and there, I don't think we have to worry about Buckethead taking song structure for a ride, Axl wouldn't go for a structure that doesn't enable him to take centre stage and display his vocals.

This brings up an interesting point - even if his solos are replaced, it's likely he'll still be all over the album in the rhythm sections and riffs. Think Madagascar, Scraped, and Shacklers.

I'd say DJ Ashba...if Axl...*sigh*...chooses to get rid of the Bucket material.

I wish it was Fortus and Bumble though...

As do I. I think DJ is a great songwriter and song arranger but as a lead player Fortus and Ron are far more interesting. That's not to say DJ shouldn't get any solos though, just that I hope to hear lots from Ron and hopefully Fortus has something this time around too.

All of this is assuming the next album is written by this line-up and not the leftover Bucket/Robin material.

I reckon Bucket will reign supreme once again, with a smattering of Ron and DJ.

Right.

Axl: " DJ, i'm gonna bring in Bucket to record the new album so i don't need you during the next 2 years. I call you when we go back on the road."

DJ: " But Axl, i worked so hard to get here. 8.gif"

Axl: 2.gif

:rofl-lol:

Has Axl said anything about playing with Buckethead on the new album? I don't recall...

Axl told a forum member at the Versace afterparty years ago that Bucket's solo on Silkworms will blow us away...

Who from this message board went to a Versace Afterparty....? :shock:

Chinese Democracy wasn't just Buckethead, far from it. Robin shared equal ammo and even Ron had a fair share on solos.

It wouldn't be that different in the next album unless its just Axl + Ashba and a drum machine.

I know that won't happen but I'd like to hear that album.

Really? Damn that's awesome! Is Silkworms going to be released on CD II?

There is no main lead guitarist. There is the virtuoso and the blues guy. I think Axl is just going to use whatever guitar parts sound the best. I would like to think Finck and Bucket are locked in on some songs. Axl just likes to include everyone who is there. Brain replaced all of Josh's drumming even though a lot of it was Josh arrangements, Brain consider himself a member instead of a hired hand anyway, Ron is on all of the rythmn tracks, and Frank is on a few tracks.

On the other hand just getting DJ on the album is a waste of time. Save him for a new album.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think Buckethead & Finck are going to be a lot less evident on this album than CD. Here and there OK, especially on the big, out there titles; but I think Dj, Ron & Fortus are replacing (in Ron's case has) a lot of those efforts with alterations &/or new takes.

Which in a sense is a shame because I think CD was a 1999 album (Finck, Huge) and II is/was more 2002 (Buckethead, Finck, Fortus).

I mean there's still the possibility Axl will release a largely Bucket/Finck/Fortus album & make Dj/Ron wait further to dictate their own.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I also think Axl's role in this area is betlittled. I believe he coaxes the riffs out of the players/& encourages them into a specific vibe perhaps with a template vibe he's put together himself. Sort of like "Here's the scent, find the donut".

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I also think Axl's role in this area is betlittled. I believe he coaxes the riffs out of the players/& encourages them into a specific vibe perhaps with a template vibe he's put together himself. Sort of like "Here's the scent, find the donut".

Sure hope so, cause I just listened to Lies of the beautiful people and for the first time ever I thought to myself "where's Slash"? Me and DJ really, really, really don't have the same taste in music :( Really dig him live though.

Sure hope so, cause I just listened to Lies of the beautiful people and for the first time ever I thought to myself "where's Slash"? Me and DJ really, really, really don't have the same taste in music :( Really dig him live though.

It's easy to strike poses & learn Slash's stuff but not that easy to come up with such riffs

That's where Slash is amazing rock2

Ron's Estranged is close to Slash's but has he ever come up with something that spectacular? NO!!!

Unfortunately I feel that current band can only imitate not create

That's why I miss Bucket & Robin

Edited by Iras