Who will be THE lead guitarist on CDII?

ashysdad

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there will be a main lead guitarist. Who was the main lead guitarist on CD? As far as I can tell, Robin and Bucket divided the solos fairly equally and I can imagine CD2 will be the same.

I would like to see Fortus get his own solo on the next record, especially seeing as he's a far better lead guitarist than DJ.

Edited by Towelie

I reckon Bucket will reign supreme once again, with a smattering of Ron and DJ.

Right.

Axl: " DJ, i'm gonna bring in Bucket to record the new album so i don't need you during the next 2 years. I call you when we go back on the road."

DJ: " But Axl, i worked so hard to get here. 8.gif"

Axl: 2.gif

It's probably going to be mostly Bucket and Robin, which is the way I think it should be.

At least for the next release I feel it would be better if we'll actually get to hear the rest of what Axl wanted to do before moving forward with whatever he'll maybe try to achieve with the current line up.

The songs on Chinese were good enough for me to want more of that with the same people that made it happen (Bucket and Robin)

over anything the current line up will try doing.

Not that I'm not excited about that too, I just want it after CD II is released.

Edited by Rovim

It's probably going to be mostly Bucket and Robin, which is the way I think it should be.

At least for the next release I feel it would be better if we'll actually get to hear the rest of what Axl wanted to do before moving forward with whatever he'll maybe try to achieve with the current line up.

The songs on Chinese were good enough for me to want more of that with the same people that made it happen (Bucket and Robin)

Over anything the current line up will try doing. Not that I'm not excited about that too, I just want it after CD II is released.

It's gonna be a mix between the two, no doubts about it. Mostly Robin and Bucket, some Ashba and Bumble. Of course, in some songs we're probably gonna have all four of them, like what happened with Bumble and Bucket on some songs in CD. That's what I'm guessing.

I'm pulling for an album of Finck and Buckethead again, honestly. Slowly becoming less and less of a fan of DJ's playing. Love the guy and GREAT for both Axl and the band, but I can't get into him live. I'm a Finck supporter.

And you can't go wrong with Buckethead. If you have Finck, I think you'd have to have some Bucket. They worked together. I'd hate to see Ron around again just to play over stuff already established.

I feel that Bucket was main driving force (solos) in like 99% of ChD stuff, released or not

It's him who made Axl belive in ChD at all, gave him a lot of confidance

It'll be him and in some cases Robin as I recon they have lots of writing credits

But some of their solos, unfortunately, may be rerecorded by current line-up

Ron & Dj will have their 5 minutes as lead guitarists when ChD voult will be empty

It may take some time as according to Rose there was so much material recorded between 1995-2008 :rofl-lol:

will see

Any predictions?

I reckon Bucket will reign supreme once again, with a smattering of Ron and DJ.

It would be nice if Fortus got at least one solo this time around.

What is CDII? The follow-up to Chinese Democracy? If so I guess a lot of the guitar work will come from Bucket and Finck, like with Chinese Democracy, perhaps re-recorded by Dj and Bumbles. If, on the other hand, you are thinking more in the terms of the next GN'R record, then it may contain only new songs, with Dj and Bumbles being the lead guitarists.