The General - Atlas Shrugged - Soul Monster

Nick85

So apparently, these three tracks are three of the biggest "heavy-hitters" most likely set for the next GNR album. Do you guys think this theater tour is a way for them to maybe try out some of these new tracks in preparation for the big European tour outing set for this summer?

Soul Monster - Axl's favorite unheard track. Described as GNR's most "Black Sabbath" moment, and one of the meanest songs Axl's ever recorded.

Atlas Shrugged - Tom Zutaut's favorite out of the batch of CD songs. Described by Classic Rock magazine as November Rain meets 70's glam rock. As of December 2008, Axl stated they were still trying to get a good mix together for this song.

The General - Sebastian Bach's favorite unheard "Chinese Democracy" track. Described by Axl as the unofficial sequel to 'Estranged'. Co-written by Brain. Has heavy orchestration, as heard playing before many live shows.

I certainly hope they're finally planning to debut a couple of these. God knows the fans are foaming at the mouth for new music!

The GnR fanbase has made these names that might as well be working titles a LOT bigger than Axl/GnR ever meant them to be.

Silly thing is, we could name at least 10 more titles like these that we don't know anything about.

It's weird that the fans made these few so big based on nothing.

The GnR fanbase has made these names that might as well be working titles a LOT bigger than Axl/GnR ever meant them to be.

Silly thing is, we could name at least 10 more titles like these that we don't know anything about.

If you recall, the same thing happened with tracks like Sorry, Prostitute, TWAT, This I Love....And those songs certainly didn't disappoint. I agree that it's crazy that literally years and years go by with us simply imagining what these songs sound like based on descriptions...But I don't see anything entirely wrong with it either. :shrugs:

If you recall, the same thing happened with tracks like Sorry, Prostitute, TWAT, This I Love....And those songs certainly didn't disappoint. I agree that it's crazy that literally years and years go by with us simply imagining what these songs sound like based on descriptions...But I don't see anything entirely wrong with it either. :shrugs:

Didn't Twat debute in New York in 2006 at the Hammerstein ?

A studio version leaked a few months before the Hammerstein shows, but the song title's been around since 2000 when Rolling Stone magazine mentioned it as a song title.

But yes, that was the first time it was played live, same with Better & IRS.

Edited by sofine11

A studio version leaked a few months before the Hammerstein shows, but the song title's been around since 2000 when Rolling Stone magazine mentioned it as a song title.

But yes, that was the first time it was played live, same with Better & IRS.

Thanks Sofine , i still remember the NYBitch Commitee video !

Edited by silverarrow

Just a little willingness on Axl's part could make a lot of people's lives so much happier :tongue2:

Exactly. Who knows what he's having them rehearse before these shows? Tommy did state that they're doing "big things" on this upcoming tour outing. He might just be talking about the obvious "big" GNR show stuff....But you never know. :shrugs:

Just a little willingness on Axl's part could make a lot of people's lives so much happier :tongue2:

Exactly. Who knows what he's having them rehearse before these shows? Tommy did state that they're doing "big things" on this upcoming tour outing. He might just be talking about the obvious "big" GNR show stuff....But you never know. :shrugs:

I try not to put my hopes up (for obvious reasons) but hell... It's about time.

It's not wrong, it just puzzles me personally. I can't really form a preference for one track over another purely based on titles. I'll take anything I can get, but preference...no.

I mean... Thyme, Seven, Ides of March, No Love Remains, Cock-a-roach Soup, Zip It, Oaklahoma and whatever else were names going around somewhere between 1998 and 2006. Doesn't tell me anything more than The General or Atlas Shrugged. 2000 Intentions was a rumored album title for CD back then... Don't know if it was ever a song..

Edited by username

Right and there's gotta come a point where in regards to introducing the other songs they'll have to think, if not now, when? Obviously the last leg of the tour (States tour) was to finally bring the Chinese Democracy tour home, and play the hell out of those songs, which they did. But now that that's over, you'd think it'd be due time to bring the band forward and play some new stuff.

Right and there's gotta come a point where in regards to introducing the other songs they'll have to think, if not now, when?

The never introduced a number of Illusions songs either. And even a number of early AFD songs. It's not a given that we'll at some point hear these.

Right and there's gotta come a point where in regards to introducing the other songs they'll have to think, if not now, when?

The never introduced a number of Illusions songs either. And even a number of early AFD songs. It's not a given that we'll at some point hear these.

You're definitely right about that, and in regards to GNR, nothing is ever a sure thing. I'm just saying that finally there are no excuses for them to not introduce new songs. Like back in the fall when everyone was hoping that they'd introduce some new songs at Rio and for the subsequent States tour, people could say "Well, they haven't toured the U.S. yet on the CD tour, so don't expect this tour to be about other music or the next album." Now, they don't have that leg to stand on anymore.

Honestly, if I were a betting man, I would bet against new songs being played on this tour. It just makes sense for them to do it now, and I'd really like to see it happen. :violin:

Being a GnR fan for 15 years and counting has taught me there's always an excuse.

I'm sorry if I sound depressing, but you have to be realistic when you want to survive as a GnR fan.

Reading this site for about 11 years also taught me that GnR fans usually get their hopes up based on the smallest things and then expect the world. And then they give the band shit for not living up to their expectations. We need to stop doing that.

Edited by username

Being a GnR fan for 15 years and counting has taught me there's always an excuse.

I'm sorry if I sound depressing, but you have to be realistic when you want to survive as a GnR fan.

Haha, again you're right about that. I just can't help but stay in the "Shit, they gotta put new stuff out eventually...right?" mindset. :tongue2:

Im done hoping and wanting new music. Im tired of being disapointed time and time and time again.

Its ridiculous at this point. We are are desperate fanbase, myself definately included.

I just wont get my hopes up, anymore.

At this point, in my mind, Axl doesnt intend on releasing new music in the next few years.

I know I sound like a depressed fan, well, thats because I am.

Im tired of it.

:violin: I know, I know, WHAAAAAH< WHAAAAAH! :violin:

Reading this site for about 11 years also taught me that GnR fans usually get their hopes up based on the smallest things and then expect the world. And then they give the band shit for not living up to their expectations. We need to stop doing that.

Indeed.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to assume they will play new songs on the upcoming tour. It might happen, but chances are it won't.