Terminal 5 - Feb. 12 - Official Thread

Tyler Drama

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!! I was more or less hoping these gigs would b directed more at the hardcore fans. Figured we would get you're crazy or something. Throw us a fucking bone axl you d-bag.

Why would they be directed at us when we're not there live?

Axl throws us a bone by playing something different when we're not even there. Right.

I was there. Drove 7 hours to b there. Just figured they were small gigs, they would sell out to people trying to buy tickets right when they went on sale or paid extra to a scalper, thus making the crowd consist of bigger fans. Def saw waaay more people singing along to the new tunes than any other gig I've been to.

And yea, was def there.

I went to two Hammerstein shows in 06a and we got some great suprises then. Guess I was hysterical hoping for something along those lines.

I think the assumption that these gigs were directed at the more hardcore fans is flawed. I think they were directed at anyone who would want to see the band up close and personal.

And, from, what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you were merely "hoping" for something different. It sounds like you felt entitled to something different, hence the frustration and resentment. I think those are two different things.

Ali

Final Setlist:

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Solo/James Bond Theme

Live and Let Die

La Grange Jam

This I Love

Tommy Stinson Solo/Motivation

Dizzy Reed Solo/Baba O' Riley

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

Axl Piano Solo/Another Brick in the Wall/Gran Torino

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam/Madagascar

Don't Cry

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

Are you serious? Up, close, personal and right into your wallet. Nostalgia 2.0 starts...

Final Setlist:

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Live and Let Die

La Grange Jam

This I Love

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam/Madagascar

Don't Cry

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

Are you serious? Up, close, personal and right into your wallet. Nostalgia 2.0 starts...

I love this

They don't play ChD, SoD -> Nostalgia act

They play ChD, SoD -> Nostalgia act

Final Setlist:

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Live and Let Die

La Grange Jam

This I Love

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam/Madagascar

Don't Cry

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

I love this

It's what you call "a no-win situation".

Ali

Most bands have a nostalgia element to them 20 years down the line. It's really only bad if they dont even do a new album and just tour the hits. I went to see the Eagles and they played a few from Eden but the place erupted for Hotel or Desperado. It's just what people want not GNR problem.

Edited by wasted

Final Setlist:

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Live and Let Die

La Grange Jam

This I Love

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam/Madagascar

Don't Cry

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

I love this

To me it's not about the C.D. songs but about the amount of Appetite songs. They can skip for example Rocket Queen and Mr. Brownstone and perform 2 new songs. Why do they have to play so much classic songs when most of the band members don't have any affection with these songs? If Axl wants to profile this band as the new G N' R than he has to look to future instead of relying on the past so hard.

i just got back from the show, it was amazing-- the song they should drop is Knockin On Heaven's Door... it was kind of a waste of time... or at least trim 5 minutes off of it

wow what a great show... i rarely post here but i have to say, what an amazing night

especially fortus- he was a bad-ass the whole time, really got the crowd going and looked cool as fuck

axl's voice was on point from where i was standing

Axl rose aka God.........have you heard of a forum called htgth? I think you might really enjoy it there. It is a forum where you can only praise the band. You would fit in well there. People aren't allowed to have opinions, unless you actually think that a rock and roll singer is a God.

You can go there and call people cupcakes and haters if they don't bow down and worship everything that your God does. And they welcome all Axl Nutters there with open arms.

You actually care what other complete strangers think about a rock forum? Wow!!!!!! You need to step away from the computer and go outside into the real world.

Axl rose aka God.........have you heard of a forum called htgth? I think you might really enjoy it there. It is a forum where you can only praise the band. You would fit in well there. People aren't allowed to have opinions, unless you actually think that a rock and roll singer is a God.

You can go there and call people cupcakes and haters if they don't bow down and worship everything that your God does. And they welcome all Axl Nutters there with open arms.

You actually care what other complete strangers think about a rock forum? Wow!!!!!! You need to step away from the computer and go outside into the real world.

THe point is this isn't a rock forum, it's a fucking fan forum! If you aren't a fan you don't belong here.

THe point is this isn't a rock forum, it's a fucking fan forum! If you aren't a fan you don't belong here.

Even fans could have different opinions about their favourit band. Would it make you a better fan when you swing Axl's nuts 24/7 and praise everything he does?

It's more important for Axl (gnr) to please the casual fan than their hardcore fanbase. Obviously the casual fans outnumber us by...a lot...and their money is just as good as ours. So to keep them paying, they play the songs they all wanna hear. It's pretty simple.

But, then again, couldn't they atleast play something different? This is a "Up close and personal" tour, but it's basically them playing the same shows in a smaller venue. I would think they would do stuff a tlittle differently in a smaller environment with less people. I'm not saying PLAY NEW SONGZ!!!! I'm just suggesting that they could play songs fans don't normally hear, like Think About You, Nice Boys, Catcher in the Rye, Out To Get Me, There Was A Time, I.R.S., hell even Oh My God. Something different to make this club tour memorable.

I'd be stoked to see Axl and this band up close and personal like this. I'd even pay an arm and a leg to see them do five songs in a small venue like these. No need to whinge - be grateful and positive and new music will come. And you all kknow when it comes its gonna be good ! :)

It ain't the first time that they use this concept because there where a couple of intimate shows during the 2011 North-American tour.

I'd be stoked to see Axl and this band up close and personal like this. I'd even pay an arm and a leg to see them do five songs in a small venue like these. No need to whinge - be grateful and positive and new music will come. And you all kknow when it comes its gonna be good ! :)

It ain't the first time that they use this concept because there where a couple of intimate shows during the 2011 North-American tour.

hmm? where?

Even fans could have different opinions about their favourit band. Would it make you a better fan when you swing Axl's nuts 24/7 and praise everything he does?

Who here does "swing Axl's nuts 24/7"? I see this argument all the time from people saying they are being attacked by people who worship Axl, praises everything he does, never says he is wrong, says everything is always fine in the world of GN'R, and so on, but WHO are these people? The closes I can think of is volcano, but he is not very active for the moment. It seems to be some people here are making up this great opposition of crazy, blind following, fanatical, Axl fans, but I don't see them anywhere. Is this a strategy from those who are meeting opposition when they complain about no new music to sort of demonize their opponents? Does it rationalize their own complaining somehow?

hmm? where?

Every so called sold-out show that got an audience of about 6500 persons.