Terminal 5 - Feb. 12 - Official Thread

Tyler Drama

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These shows are exciting for the main reason stated on the poster: up close and personal. How often do you get to see such a massive band play small theatres/club venues? People love the idea of seeing big bands in small venues (something to brag about). Setlists only matter to people like us who follow these kinds of things. But a big reason why I'm opting not driving to Detroit next week to see 'em from Toronto is I've seen this show 14 times now. While I always have a great time, I can't justify spending $150 (tickets plus traveling expenses) with my finances not being in great shape. If the band decides to promote different material I'll be there in a heartbeat (or if they play another show in Toronto), but I can't keep driving around the continent to see the same show.

Cheers,

Andrew

Weird ordering of the setlist tonight...I wonder how many encores they're going to do?

I would've been really, really disappointed if they didn't play Civil War at Roseland because ever since they started playing it again I've been dying to see it live, especially since they didn't play it when I saw them in NJ in November.

These shows are exciting for the main reason stated on the poster: up close and personal. How often do you get to see such a massive band play small theatres/club venues? People love the idea of seeing big bands in small venues (something to brag about). Setlists only matter to people like us who follow these kinds of things. But a big reason why I'm opting not driving to Detroit next week to see 'em from Toronto is I've seen this show 14 times now. While I always have a great time, I can't justify spending $150 (tickets plus traveling expenses) with my finances not being in great shape. If the band decides to promote different material I'll be there in a heartbeat (or if they play another show in Toronto), but I can't keep driving around the continent to see the same show.

Cheers,

Andrew

I agree. We're really the only people who care about the setlist and stuff. I went with my friend to Roseland who never saw Guns live before and he loved the show because they played all the old hits, which is what I'd say 90% of the audience wants. I really don't know what kind of response new material or OMG would get from the live audience if they played it when you consider a majority of the audience really isn't into CD songs outside of a select few.

Cheers,

Andrew

Exactly my stance on things. Roseland was great. Met a few great fans and have continued to talk to them since the gig. Good looking girls and huge fans which was def a high point. Great show. Glad I went. Just can't afford the big trip concert anymore. Not when I just saw a better set. Did appreciate the smallvenue venue tho.

Cheers,

Andrew

You're almost at the point of bringing a resume with you...

Cheers,

Andrew

I agree. We're really the only people who care about the setlist and stuff. I went with my friend to Roseland who never saw Guns live before and he loved the show because they played all the old hits, which is what I'd say 90% of the audience wants. I really don't know what kind of response new material or OMG would get from the live audience if they played it when you consider a majority of the audience really isn't into CD songs outside of a select few.

They should make a concert only for us then! :laugh:

Yes!! I was more or less hoping these gigs would b directed more at the hardcore fans. Figured we would get you're crazy or something. Throw us a fucking bone axl you d-bag.

Why would they be directed at us when we're not there live?

Axl throws us a bone by playing something different when we're not even there. Right.

Weak. Im sure everyone had a blast. I know several people who have tickets to all shows. Couple set changes would make their experiences so much better. They know so many other great gnr classics, why not play them once in a while? I really don't fucking understand it. Things would b so.much more exciting. I rarely even watch videos online anymore. Same songs at every gig and they used to sound better anyways.

Reminds me of trying to stay awake during algebra in high school. You're starting to lose some of longest supporters. You know were dying for anything different, and you just don't care.

Yes!! I was more or less hoping these gigs would b directed more at the hardcore fans. Figured we would get you're crazy or something. Throw us a fucking bone axl you d-bag.

Axl throws us a bone by playing something different when we're not even there. Right.

I was there. Drove 7 hours to b there. Just figured they were small gigs, they would sell out to people trying to buy tickets right when they went on sale or paid extra to a scalper, thus making the crowd consist of bigger fans. Def saw waaay more people singing along to the new tunes than any other gig I've been to.

And yea, was def there.

I went to two Hammerstein shows in 06a and we got some great suprises then. Guess I was hoping for something along those lines.

Edit- don't know why the world hysterical was added in that sentence. Sometimes my phone does that and I don't notice til sonebodys quoting me with something I never meant to type. Lol.

Edited by drtydane

Final Setlist:

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Solo/James Bond Theme

Live and Let Die

La Grange Jam

This I Love

Tommy Stinson Solo/Motivation

Dizzy Reed Solo/Baba O' Riley

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

Axl Piano Solo/Another Brick in the Wall/Gran Torino

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam/Madagascar

Don't Cry

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

I was there. Drove 7 hours to b there. Just figured they were small gigs, they would sell out to people trying to buy tickets right when they went on sale or paid extra to a scalper, thus making the crowd consist of bigger fans. Def saw waaay more people singing along to the new tunes than any other gig I've been to.

And yea, was def there.

I went to two Hammerstein shows in 06a and we got some great suprises then. Guess I was hysterical hoping for something along those lines.

I didn't know you were actually there, but still there are people on the forums who complain about the set lists, as if Axl is going to pull something special to please them even though they're not in attendance.