Terminal 5 - Feb. 12 - Official Thread

Tyler Drama

I'd be stoked to see Axl and this band up close and personal like this. I'd even pay an arm and a leg to see them do five songs in a small venue like these. No need to whinge - be grateful and positive and new music will come. And you all kknow when it comes its gonna be good ! :)

It ain't the first time that they use this concept because there where a couple of intimate shows during the 2011 North-American tour.

hmm? where?

Every so called sold-out show that got an audience of about 6500 persons.

Nice cupcake :thumbsup:

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even fans could have different opinions about their favourit band. Would it make you a better fan when you swing Axl's nuts 24/7 and praise everything he does?

Who here does "swing Axl's nuts 24/7"? I see this argument all the time from people saying they are being attacked by people who worship Axl, praises everything he does, never says he is wrong, says everything is always fine in the world of GN'R, and so on, but WHO are these people? The closes I can think of is volcano, but he is not very active for the moment. It seems to be some people here are making up this great opposition of crazy, blind following, fanatical, Axl fans, but I don't see them anywhere. Is this a strategy from those who are meeting opposition when they complain about no new music to sort of demonize their opponents? Does it rationalize their own complaining somehow?

I'm not talking about somebody specifically. I wrote that to point out the difference between HTGTH and MyGNR. It's not allowed at HTGTH to say anything negative about the band while here we can discuss anything (positive or negative) without the chance of beeing banned. Does that makes the fans at HTGTH better fans? Imo not because at the end of the day we are all fans of the same band but with a different opnion.

Looks like a great show but I wish they'd left CD off the setlist again or at least moved it elsewhere in the set. Honestly Jungle is one of the greatest opening songs ever written and I can't understand why it wouldn't automatically be first on the setlist every night.

I'd be stoked to see Axl and this band up close and personal like this. I'd even pay an arm and a leg to see them do five songs in a small venue like these. No need to whinge - be grateful and positive and new music will come. And you all kknow when it comes its gonna be good ! :)

It ain't the first time that they use this concept because there where a couple of intimate shows during the 2011 North-American tour.

hmm? where?

Every so called sold-out show that got an audience of about 6500 persons.

Nice cupcake :thumbsup:

You're welcome.

B)

I'm not talking about somebody specifically. I wrote that to point out the difference between HTGTH and MyGNR. It's not allowed at HTGTH to say anything negative about the band while here we can discuss anything (positive or negative) without the chance of beeing banned. Does that makes the fans at HTGTH better fans? Imo not because at the end of the day we are all fans of the same band but with a different opnion.

Okay, I understand now. I agree that you could probably find someone fitting that description over at HTGTH.

I find the whole idea of rating fan-ness a bit absurd, whether it is done by willingness to kiss ass, longevity, number of concerts attended, knowledge of the band, etc.

NR

November Rain? :drevil:

Phone is doing weird stuff from when the forum went down (On my phone). It posted the post I was trying to make, and it won't let me delete it :lol:

Great show; overall best I've seen yet. Security were MAJOR dicks though. Aside from all the aforementioned problems, even when I had Bumble motioning for me to show my banner, they weren't having it. Then, about halfway through the show I started feeling pretty lightheaded and dizzy from this wicked flu I've had. Shortly after, they started handing out bottles of water along the barrier. I asked if I could have one because I wasn't feeling too well, and the guard in front of us flatly said "no" and proceeded to give out 3 more bottles.

Trying to stay positive though. Chinese Democracy is back! Axl sounds great, dunno what everyone is complaining about. Everyone seems to be having a lot of fun at these club gigs. To clarify, when I said Axl was in a pissy mood over the monitors, I meant audio monitors. He shrugged it off fairly quickly, and was in a great mood the rest of the night.

My head is spinning. I feel like shit from this flu, and I woke up way earlier than intended today (yesterday). We're taking turns driving back and we'll be back at 7 AM. Don't expect to hear much (If anything) from me tomorrow, since I'm pulling an all-nighter and need to get healthy for Wednesday.

NR

November Rain? :drevil:

Phone is doing weird stuff from when the forum went down (On my phone). It posted the post I was trying to make, and it won't let me delete it :lol:

Great show; overall best I've seen yet. Security were MAJOR dicks though. Aside from all the aforementioned problems, even when I had Bumble motioning for me to show my banner, they weren't having it. Then, about halfway through the show I started feeling pretty lightheaded and dizzy from this wicked flu I've had. Shortly after, they started handing out bottles of water along the barrier. I asked if I could have one because I wasn't feeling too well, and the guard in front of us flatly said "no" and proceeded to give out 3 more bottles.

Trying to stay positive though. Chinese Democracy is back! Axl sounds great, dunno what everyone is complaining about. Everyone seems to be having a lot of fun at these club gigs. To clarify, when I said Axl was in a pissy mood over the monitors, I meant audio monitors. He shrugged it off fairly quickly, and was in a great mood the rest of the night.

My head is spinning. I feel like shit from this flu, and I woke up way earlier than intended today (yesterday). We're taking turns driving back and we'll be back at 7 AM. Don't expect to hear much (If anything) from me tomorrow, since I'm pulling an all-nighter and need to get healthy for Wednesday.

Thanks for your review, and glad you enjoyed :thumbsup:

Just got home. Show was badass; it was my first - both GNR and overall concert experience. Glad I got there early. I wish Axl fronted on the lame-ass security, but I took plenty of cell-phone pics. Security got wise midway, coming behind peeps.

I feel sorry for you, GnR has just ruined your future concert expiriences. Nothing will be as good as what you saw yesterday in terminal 5

Final Setlist:

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Solo/James Bond Theme

Live and Let Die

La Grange Jam

This I Love

Tommy Stinson Solo/Motivation

Dizzy Reed Solo/Baba O' Riley

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine

Axl Piano Solo/Another Brick in the Wall/Gran Torino

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam/Madagascar

Don't Cry

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

Are you serious? Up, close, personal and right into your wallet. Nostalgia 2.0 starts...

I love this

They don't play ChD, SoD -> Nostalgia act

They play ChD, SoD -> Nostalgia act

To me it's not about the C.D. songs but about the amount of Appetite songs. They can skip for example Rocket Queen and Mr. Brownstone and perform 2 new songs. Why do they have to play so much classic songs when most of the band members don't have any affection with these songs? If Axl wants to profile this band as the new G N' R than he has to look to future instead of relying on the past so hard.

THIS..... is so true.

Might be the same setlist-again...but...

far from a cashgrab...

I see/hear/feel a bunch of young hungry dogs putting in a damn lot of energy, fun and passion.

Great show as far as I can judge...and it's till early...there might be other/new songs later in 2012 !

i agree on that