Just a hunch, The Ritz show could be extra special

GNFR2003

I would think, if we are going to get a new song, or another song from the back catalog being added to the setlist, I would assume this show would be the one where it happens! I think the band views this as the signature show of the mini-tour--not that the other theater shows aren't special to them as well--due to the historical significance and homecoming of sorts. Maybe this is a show that they will use for a Live Blu-Ray DVD, or a media download from the website? I am just being hopeful, and guessing, but I just have a hunch if anything big is going to happen, from the outside looking in, this date seems the likely one. Hell, maybe it just ends up being a show with super-charged energy from the band, which is cool too! Its tough to complain right now being a GN'R fan, as we have another big tour in the works and all the band members seem excited about new material! The synergy these guys have right now reminds me of the years leading up to Appetite, when the band was hungry to prove to the world just how good they were!

I would think, if we are going to get a new song, or another song from the back catalog being added to the setlist, I would assume this show would be the one where it happens! I think the band views this as the signature show of the mini-tour--not that the other theater shows aren't special to them as well--due to the historical significance and homecoming of sorts. Maybe this is a show that they will use for a Live Blu-Ray DVD, or a media download from the website? I am just being hopeful, and guessing, but I just have a hunch if anything big is going to happen, from the outside looking in, this date seems the likely one. Hell, maybe it just ends up being a show with super-charged energy from the band, which is cool too! Its tough to complain right now being a GN'R fan, as we have another big tour in the works and all the band members seem excited about new material! The synergy these guys have right now reminds me of the years leading up to Appetite, when the band was hungry to prove to the world just how good they were!

Maybe, but probably not champ :(

You heard it here first: There will be no new songs or any recording of a DVD.

Why do fans set themselves up for disappointment time and time again? Have they learned nothing from the past?

BOOM. That's exactly it. When the 2009 tour rolled out people were sure we would get a DVD, given that Chinese Democracy was finally out. Nada. When it was announced Guns were headlining Rio in 2011, people were sure new songs would be played. Zip. When they hit the US for the first time in 5 years, people were sure Guns were holding back new material for the US fans. Zilch. We witnessed the same thing last night and not only did we get no new songs, staple songs were subtracted from the actual setlist!

You heard it here first: There will be no new songs or any recording of a DVD.

Why do fans set themselves up for disappointment time and time again? Have they learned nothing from the past?

BOOM. That's exactly it. When the 2009 tour rolled out people were sure we would get a DVD, given that Chinese Democracy was finally out. Nada. When it was announced Guns were headlining Rio in 2011, people were sure new songs would be played. Zip. When they hit the US for the first time in 5 years, people were sure Guns were holding back new material for the US fans. Zilch. We witnessed the same thing last night and not only did we get no new songs, staple songs were subtracted from the actual setlist!

lol so if they keep up the current trend, by the end of the tour, we'll be lucky if they even plug in their instruments. Maybe Axl will finally do stand up. And yes, I'd still pay to see that.

Why would it be special ? It's a completely different band than it was 24 years ago.

I just hope Axl realizes that he has to do something because it seems an awful lot of his loyal fans are done waiting around for him to release music.

If you can barely draw 6,000 fans for your first tour of the US in 5 years it's time to put up or shut up.

:rofl-lol::drevil:

Fans have placed more importance on this gig being at the Ritz than the band.

If it were the original line-up going back it would be one thing.

It is an entirely different band from when they played there, outside of the lead singer.

Kind of hard for Axl to get all nostalgic with a group of guys that weren't there to experience it.

Dream on.

:sleeper:

Urgent news: Guns N' Roses doing cover of Dream On at the Ritz! Spread the word!

I understand that this was a joke, but actually ... this could be one mindblowing version... *dreams (on)*

I'd love to hear Axl sing Dream on!

*I know nobody knows, where it comes and where it goes* ;)

I don't think Axl can handle the high notes.

probably a pipe dream but would love to hear the heavier piano songs on illusion yesterdays, breakdown, bad obsession....dizzy really is great on those albums....maybe sing alternate dont cry lyrics(i dont he even remembers them lol) my michelle, nice boys, catcher...just make it a completely unexpected show. they arent just playing here to play here. i think they have something up their sleeves. oooooooo maybe human being from tsi!

Edited by circusboy666