Feb 16 at Hiro Ballroom

Spirit

It's obvious:

- Axl knows WTTJ is one of the most looked upon songs on the concerts.

- He knows it sounds AWFUL without the rasp. See 2002 for more info.

So.... he gives it all on WTTJ. So much, he gets tired after that songs. Why do you guys think It's So Easy, Mr.Brownstone and Sorry come after WTTJ? They're some of the easiest - if not THE easiest vocal-wise songs on the GnR catalog. It's so he can regain his voice.

That's why WTTJ always sound so much better than the rest of the songs.

Don't agree at all with the last line. There's "This I Love", "Estranged", "Nightrain", etc. I could go on and on.

Ali

Besides Nightrain, This I Love and Estranged aren't nearly as difficult to sing as WTTJ.

Ehh, Nightrain's pretty difficult. I surely don't have a wide enough full-voice range to sing some of those notes without switching to head voice.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious:

So.... he gives it all on WTTJ. So much, he gets tired after that songs. Why do you guys think It's So Easy, Mr.Brownstone and Sorry come after WTTJ? They're some of the easiest - if not THE easiest vocal-wise songs on the GnR catalog. It's so he can regain his voice.

Don't agree at all with the last line. There's "This I Love", "Estranged", "Nightrain", etc. I could go on and on.

Ali

Besides Nightrain, This I Love and Estranged aren't nearly as difficult to sing as WTTJ.

Ehh, Nightrain's pretty difficult. I surely don't have a wide enough full-voice range to sing some of those notes without switching to head voice.

Have you ever tried to sing "This I love"? That is a song that requires some head voice or mixed voice. Not at all an easy song to sing at least when it comes to the choruses.

Ali

It's obvious:

Ali

Have you ever tried to sing "This I love"? That is a song that requires some head voice or mixed voice. Not at all an easy song to sing at least when it comes to the choruses.

Ali

IMO, Jungle is almost always the best Axl performance of the night when he's not in top shape. What was the last time we saw mickey mouse jungle? Rock in Rio IV, probably...

Who the fuck is in charge of the titles!? It's a PERFORMANCE! Not "SESSIONS!" GAH!

That aside, very cool! :)

It's just the name of the series, the Rose Bar videos were acoustic sessions.

It's just irritating. It's like insisting an apple is an orange.

I do wish they had toned down the saturation a little.

Okay, this is killing me here!

playlist.jpg

If Scraped is on the fucking set-list they need to play it!!!! (same goes for OMG, TWAT and Prostitute)

Songs on that list I'd like to hear before Scraped:

Catcher

Oh My God

TWAT

IRS

Prostitute

Think About You

If the World

But still, your point is solid.

TWAT, Catcher and Prostitute, the best Chinese Democracy songs, and they don't play them. lol

Okay, this is killing me here!

playlist.jpg

If Scraped is on the fucking set-list they need to play it!!!! (same goes for OMG, TWAT and Prostitute)

Songs on that list I'd like to hear before Scraped:

Catcher

Oh My God

TWAT

IRS

Prostitute

Think About You

If the World

But still, your point is solid.

TWAT, Catcher and Prostitute, the best Chinese Democracy songs, and they don't play them. lol

Don't get your hopes up; this setlist is identical to the one I have from Hamilton last year, the only differences are the font must be slightly bigger (My copy is 2 pages even), and they have erased the pyro cues from everything (Except Better for some reason). Otherwise everything is the same; font, order, underlining on the solos, abbreviations, etc. I'd post the picture of mine for comparison's sake, but Flickr seems to be down... <_<

EDIT: This is my Hamilton setlist, just for reference:

6675463005_3b9e1533d9_z.jpg

Edited by Powerage5

Axl sounded really good on Jungle and the second half of Sweet Child, but kinda bad on Patience and the first half of SCOM. The instruments mostly drown him on SCOM fortunately. Strangely, it seems he sounds better on rcokers (which are supposedly more difficult) than on ballads, or at least that's pattern I've been seeing this tour.

Axl sounded really good on Jungle and the second half of Sweet Child, but kinda bad on Patience and the first half of SCOM. The instruments mostly drown him on SCOM fortunately. Strangely, it seems he sounds better on rcokers (which are supposedly more difficult) than on ballads, or at least that's pattern I've been seeing this tour.

i agree, he sounds better in the power songs than on ballads. for example, in estranged he don't sounds that good.

but this version of jungle, kicks ass.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Exude slickness. Whilst older new incarnations were arguably more talented, this band is less cult, Star Trek like. There's that sex appeal dimension that overcame a lot of battles for the Appetite incarnation.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

...sex appeal? o_O

It's a lot of the battle in the modern era of music. Compare players like Buckethead and Finck (who are arguably more talented musicians) to Fortus or Dj. The General Public opt for the latter each time but it's more visually pleasing and compatible with the notion of Guns N' Roses, and of course also the musicians can play.

...sex appeal? o_O

It's a lot of the battle in the modern era of music. Compare players like Buckethead and Finck (who are arguably more talented musicians) to Fortus or Dj. The General Public opt for the latter each time but it's more visually pleasing and compatible with the notion of Guns N' Roses, and of course also the musicians can play.

there is no reason to compare Finck with Fortus (even a long time in the game, even when Finck was with the band), but, bucket, IMO was arguably the best guitarist who has passed the guns.

...sex appeal? o_O

No, its just that I don't see the "sex appeal" in the current band... its more of a "well-oiled-machine" feeling to me...

That being said, Richard's hot! (although its creepy how much he looks like a young Izzy sometimes... >_>)

Edited by KiraMPD