Feb 16 at Hiro Ballroom

Spirit

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

there is no reason to compare Finck with Fortus (even a long time in the game, even when Finck was with the band), but, bucket, IMO was arguably the best guitarist who has passed the guns.

Finck and Fortus have both been in GN'R, of course I'm going to compare in order to scrutinise or compliment the current incarnation. There is no implicit comparison, I'm justifiably pointing out that Fortus' dress sense and appearance is more appealing to the market Guns N' Roses fit into.

No, its just that I don't see the "sex appeal" in the current band... its more of a "well-oiled-machine" feeling to me...

It's difficult to articulate. I don't mean literal sex appeal. There is a charm and slickness about a traditional rock outfit that was absent with the alternative Guns N' Roses (2001-2002).

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to articulate. I don't mean literal sex appeal. There is a charm and slickness about a traditional rock outfit that was absent with the alternative Guns N' Roses (2001-2002).

Let's just call it chemistry and general charisma then...

I think the '02 lineup was the most kick-ass visually though (for me anyway). I mean I remember watching the MTV thing and thinking that aliens-robots had finally descended on earth! Twas seriously the biggest collection of freaks ever but in a totally awesome way. People didn't give that line-up enough credit... and it died too soon...

I think the '02 lineup was the most kick-ass visually though (for me anyway). I mean I remember watching the MTV thing and thinking that aliens-robots had finally descended on earth! Twas seriously the biggest collection of freaks ever but in a totally awesome way. People didn't give that line-up enough credit... and it died too soon...

That line up was visually, one of the most interesting in rock n roll.

I just remember thinking how fucking cool and ballsy it was. In a way, it solidified the no rules thinking of Rock n roll. They werent trying to look a certain way, each member Dressed n looked however they wanted.

i agree in some points whit u. and i love that 'mtv 2002 thing. but don't blame people to the death of that line-up.they should have produced more music, videos and concerts, and they did not.

i agree in some points whit u. and i love that 'mtv 2002 thing. but don't blame people to the death of that line-up.they should have produced more music, videos and concerts, and they did not.

Okay I worded it wrong. I didn't mean reason it died was because of the people solely, that was supposed to a separated comment added as an afterthought. The way the that lineup launched was very solid; they were doing concerts and Axl was giving radio interviews. But it died suddenly for some reason (I know, I know, probably Axl) and that was sad and confusing.

BUT the people DID reject the line-up in looks alone initially, can't deny that.

I'll try to letter it better next time.

Okay I worded it wrong. I didn't mean reason it died was because of the people solely, that was supposed to a separated comment added as an afterthought. The way the that lineup launched was very solid; they were doing concerts and Axl was giving radio interviews. But it died suddenly for some reason (I know, I know, probably Axl) and that was sad and confusing.

BUT the people DID reject the line-up in looks alone initially, can't deny that.

I'll try to letter it better next time.

that's ok. i really like the visually appeal from that line-up, and the mtv 2002 thing, to me was explosive.

I wonder why they don't post Chinese Democracy songs.

There were only 2 of them, so they were the minority in the setlist to begin with. But my guess would be they figure people don't want to see them :shrugs:

But I want to see them :(

Or hell, at least post Civil War and/or Estranged.

Edited by Black Sabbath