Is anyone else noticed...

iftheworld

I had high hopes for 2012, looks like it's just gonna be another year of nothing

Interesting. If a year where the band tours all the time, are inducted into HOF, do live streams, launches a new website, and does lots of interview while talking about hitting the studio is "nothing", then I need to ask: what do you call all the years were _literally_ nothing happened?

This is a good year. A very good year. Too bad people haven't been around long enough, or are too dense, to realize that.

You know he is referring to new music. Once you've seen them a cpl times in a tout, you're hoping for a change up. Either in the setlists, so its fun to watch 9o9z shows online. Or were in need of anything new and official. One new song, a video for existing chinese democracy song, live dvd... even just hearing him talk about or play something new would b great.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl needs to get back in shape, first of all for himself and also for the fans or he won't be able to give them the best show.

I understand your concern considering the fact that all the show reviews complain about how Axl's normal weight completely ruins the shows and is the main cause why the collective press and audience doesn't praise the show as one of the best rock gigs to catch right now.

But noone here brought that up. Axls weight is hurting only him. The band at this point, and I hate to say this because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AXL, is playing clean up. We aren't attacking him. The shows are awesome fun. But we would be lying if we said Axl sounds great. I'll take into account he's fifty. But come on. The excessive partying doesn't help. I think sometimes he just doesn't care, and if he doesn't care enough to get himself in shape to perform and give his fans the best shows he can give, why should we care? I'll tell you why we care. Because deep down we know how awesome Axl and the shows can be. He just needs to realise it.

Edited by iftheworld

Axl needs to get back in shape, first of all for himself and also for the fans or he won't be able to give them the best show.

I understand your concern considering the fact that all the show reviews complain about how Axl's normal weight completely ruins the shows and is the main cause why the collective press and audience doesn't praise the show as one of the best rock gigs to catch right now.

Don't get me wrong, sure he still gives one hell of a rock show, but hey "image" was always something that people associated with Axl and in his heyday he didn't seem to mind taking advantage of that too...

It is a lot more work to be a sex symbol while 50. It's his choice. And again, I couldn't care one iota how he looks as long as he can entertain and make great music -- I only wish other people would be less superficial, too.

I had high hopes for 2012, looks like it's just gonna be another year of nothing

Interesting. If a year where the band tours all the time, are inducted into HOF, do live streams, launches a new website, and does lots of interview while talking about hitting the studio is "nothing", then I need to ask: what do you call all the years were _literally_ nothing happened?

This is a good year. A very good year. Too bad people haven't been around long enough, or are too dense, to realize that.

You know he is referring to new music.

No, that wasn't obvious to me at all. Nothing in his post implicated that. Besides, it fit well with the wide-spread mygnr myth that 2012 is a hopeless year.

Axls weight is hurting only him.

Wow. It is rare to see someone start a whole thread in concern about a musician's normal weight as a pure altruistic act. You are an angel in disguise. Too bad for you that other people chimed in and started to stain this noble thread with their own selfish arguments about his weight diminishing the performance, then.

I think sometimes he just doesn't care, and if he doesn't care enough to get himself in shape to perform and give his fans the best shows he can give, why should we care? I'll tell you why we care. Because deep down we know how awesome Axl and the shows can be. He just needs to realise it.

I am slightly confused. Are you complaining about his absolutely normal weight considering his age, (1) because you are worried for his health, (2) worried that he is not living up to his potential and therefore somehow is unhappy, or (3) selfishly believe you could get even more from the live shows if he became leaner?

Don't get me wrong, sure he still gives one hell of a rock show, but hey "image" was always something that people associated with Axl and in his heyday he didn't seem to mind taking advantage of that too...

It is a lot more work to be a sex symbol while 50. It's his choice. And again, I couldn't care one iota how he looks as long as he can entertain and make great music -- I only wish other people would be less superficial, too.

No, that wasn't obvious to me at all. Nothing in his post implicated that. Besides, it fit well with the wide-spread mygnr myth that 2012 is a hopeless year.

Once again your young mind blinds you from reading the truth. We aren't attacking his weight. We're stating the fact that it's obviously hampering his performance. That so called

great music you're talking about, isn't so great when he's gasping for air 90% of the time. Learn to read what has been written instead of reading what you want to be written.

Thanks for that, I had no idea

So 2012 will be a great year, more of the same shows, streams and a website, the HOF will be good though..

I'm not really complaining, i'd just like to see them in a studio actually being.... creative

Seriously what about 2003-2005? Complete silence.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I started following GN'R in '04 when it was literally like a random interview with Dizzy, in which all he says is "soon, very soon", was HUGE news.

Despite the setlist being somewhat predictable, it's a great time to follow GN'R and I can't wait to purchase my London tickets tomorrow.

Once again your young mind blinds you from reading the truth.

I am not young. So rethink.

We aren't attacking his weight. We're stating the fact that it's obviously hampering his performance.

So now you speak for everybody? How cute. Even for those talking about his "image".

I have never denied his performances could be better if he increased his stamina. I am just saying that we can't expect him to make an effort to remain a sex symbol while at 50, and that his performances are nevertheless great. Complaining about his completely normal weight is superficial, selfish and very immature.

Once again your young mind blinds you from reading the truth. We aren't attacking his weight. We're stating the fact that it's obviously hampering his performance. That so called

great music you're talking about, isn't so great when he's gasping for air 90% of the time. Learn to read what has been written instead of reading what you want to be written.

I don't think a person with overweight wouldn't be able to breath unless it's a seriously obese person which is not Axl's case :blink:

If someone can't breath it's because they have a problem in their lungs, so if someone is out of breath maybe that's because they are just sick. Axl wrote he was sick as a dog, no worries he's gonna get better

Alright SoulMonster : how about Ron ?

I can't remember reading anything here regarding Ron that I disagree about.

But, here's is something people tend to forget. Ron has numerous times said his condition is not something that will pass. He has stated he now just have to learn how to live with constant pain. If this is true, and not him just being overly dramatic again, then the whole argument about him "resting" and getting "back in shape again" before the next tour, is moot.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I don’t think Axl’s at an unacceptable mass at all – didn’t even consider it until OP made the claim. He’s not Appetite lean or UYI buff; he’s had a lot of Chinese. So what.

Look at the nighttrain videa from phily.

Its that thick jacket and hat thats making him look... strange.

He's not nearly as big as he was in 2010, he's not even over wieght.

He was so thin in the 80's and 90's, that seeing him at a NORMAL wieght is a shock. It's a good thing probably, it could mean he's not doing drugs.

At the show I was at he looked and sounded great, but then again its been a couple of months since then. But based on the recent vids when he isn't sick he still sounds like he did in 2011

Edited by WhazUp

Seriously, i dont know what some of the people on this forum are complaining about. GNR is not a normal band, period. That has been the case since 1995. If you dont like it, find some other band. But this whole entire thread is so ridiculously stupid, with the lone exception of Bumblefoot's health. That is a legitimate concern. But for people to come on and scrutinize a 50 year old man for gaining a little weight, when he sings his a$$ off during shows and runs and dances around, and is actually TOURING, is ludicrous. If anyone posting things in a negative fashion is 50 or older, then you must be extremely fit. If anyone posting negative comments is significantly younger than 50, then just chill out. Sorry, this band isnt like Bruce Springsteen who comes out with an albumn every 3 years or so. Deal with it.

Edited by Benfolds4980

Seriously, i dont know what some of the people on this forum are complaining about. GNR is not a normal band, period. That has been the case since 1995. If you dont like it, find some other band. But this whole entire thread is so ridiculously stupid, with the lone exception of Bumblefoot's health. That is a legitimate concern. But for people to come on and scrutinize a 50 year old man for gaining a little weight, when he sings his a$$ off during shows and runs and dances around, and is actually TOURING, is ludicrous. If anyone posting things in a negative fashion is 50 or older, then you must be extremely fit. If anyone posting negative comments is significantly younger than 50, then just chill out. Sorry, this band isnt like Bruce Springsteen who comes out with an albumn every 3 years or so. Deal with it.

At least Bruce isn't gasping for air every 2 minutes and respects himself. Don't turn this into him being scrutinised for being "fat". I never said he was "fat". I simply was stating if he were in better shape, we'd have better performances from him. That's the truth. That was the whole reason for this thread, his health. This thread isn't a personal attack on him. I'm genuinely worried, and if a fan can't speak up what's the point in being a fan. It's bad enough the guy has low blood pressure and low sugar.

Edited by iftheworld

At least Bruce isn't gasping for air every 2 minutes and respects himself. Don't turn this into him being scrutinised for being "fat". I never said he was "fat". I simply was stating if he were in better shape, we'd have better performances from him. That's the truth. That was the whole reason for this thread, his health. This thread isn't a personal attack on him. I'm genuinely worried, and if a fan can't speak up what's the point in being a fan. It's bad enough the guy has low blood pressure and low sugar.

From what I've heard from the last couple of shows, the performances were very good. I'm sure he appreciates your concern for his well-being, but how in the hell do you know what his blood pressure and blood sugar levels are? Are you his doctor? How do you know they're "low"?

Ali

Edited by Ali