If they released a new Greatest Hits type album

JAxlMorrison

I know mostly all of us hated the original Greatest Hits. Most bands have more than one Greatest Hits type album, the Doors and the Rolling Stones for example....so what if they released a new hit album? What would you title it, and what would you include?

THE LEGACY OF GUNS N ROSES

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Nightrain

3. Mr. Brownstone

4. Paradise City

5. Sweet Child Of Mine

6. Rocket Queen

7. Used To Love Her

8. Patience

9. Live And Let Die

10. Don't Cry

11. November Rain

12. Civil War

13. Knockin On Heaven's Door (Live Era)

14. Estranged

15. You Could Be Mine

16. Hair Of The Dog

17. Chinese Democracy

18. Better

19. Street Of Dreams

20. There Was A Time

I just hate greatest hits albums in general. Doesn't feel like a real album because it's a compilation. There's no journey or anything. But if it's a greatest hits album, then it really should just have the highest charting Guns N' Roses songs on radio, no? Since it's "greatest hits" and not "best songs according to hardcore Guns N' Roses fans."

I just hate greatest hits albums in general. Doesn't feel like a real album because it's a compilation. There's no journey or anything. But if it's a greatest hits album, then it really should just have the highest charting Guns N' Roses songs on radio, no? Since it's "greatest hits" and not "best songs according to hardcore Guns N' Roses fans."

If it's greatest hits format sure...but what about a Best Of album, or a Legacy album, lol...confusing? Yeah I know. But I have seen all types, and they apparently all have their own definitions.

If it's greatest hits format sure...but what about a Best Of album, or a Legacy album, lol...confusing? Yeah I know. But I have seen all types, and they apparently all have their own definitions.

Oh, those would be different. I was working under the assumption this would be a GH album. For instance, Estranged would make a Best Of, but not a GH. :)

How about a 2 CD set like this??

Jungle (Live Era)

It's So Easy

Nightrain

Out Ta Get Me (live Era)

Brownstone

Paradise City

Think About You

Sweet Child

Rocket Queen

Nice Boys (Dust N Bones tour)

Reckless Life

Mama Kin (The Ritz 88)

Shadow Of Your Love

Patience (Live)

Used to Love Her

You're Crazy (LIES)

One In A Million

Knockin On Heavens Door (Ritz 88)

Dust N' Bones (Live Era)

Don't Cry (Demo)

Double Talkin Jive (Tokyo w/ solo)

Coma

It's Alright/November Rain (Live Era)

Civil War

Yesterdays

Breakdown

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

Estranged

You Could Be Mine

Ain't It Fun

Down On The Farm (Live Aid)

Edited by HowlinWolf

No particular order here. Hard choice to make. Some of these, like Coma and Locomotive and the Chinese Democracy ones, might not have been "greatest hits" but were certainly among the "greatest songs" and deserve a spot in the tracklisting. And I don't really believe in the whole "we need a token song from every album" thing, there's definitely no reason why a few of the best songs should get left off to make room for something from the Spaghetti Incident and the Live Era and whatnot.

1. Welcome to the Jungle

2. Sweet Child O' Mine

3. Paradise City

4. Rocket Queen

5. Nightrain

6. It's So Easy

7. Mr. Brownstone

8. Patience

9. Estranged

10. November Rain

11. Coma

12. Locomotive

13. Civil War

14. Better

15. There Was A Time

16. This I Love

And then if we use the B-side CD idea we can sneak in some extras that we really don't want to cut

1. My Michelle

2. Out Ta Get Me

3. Think About You

4. Used to Love Her

5. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

6. You Could Be Mine

7. Don't Cry

8. Live and Let Die

9. Breakdown

10. Oh My God

11. Chinese Democracy

12. Shackler's Revenge

13. Street of Dreams

14. Sorry

15. Madagascar

16. Prostitute

Edited by Flayer

A greatest hits wouldn't be necessary until one or more new records is released.

Why would anyone put the Chinese Democracy song on it? One of the more weaker songs on that album IMO, and was a poor choice for the first single. Better would definitely make it.

A greatest hits wouldn't be necessary until one or more new records is released.

Why would anyone put the Chinese Democracy song on it? One of the more weaker songs on that album IMO, and was a poor choice for the first single. Better would definitely make it.

It was on my B-sides list.

Edited by Flayer

Have you seen them live since they have been opening the shows with it? If so you'd understand why...that's what really got that song over for me.

I'd rather have "The Unreleased Tracks of Guns N' Roses"

Great idea.

I know the original post is a hypothetical one ...but I wouldn't spend $18 on another greatest hits type album. I already have ALL the songs on CDs, so is rather burn my own disc than pay for another one.

I agree, even as an opener and seeing It live doesn't change the fact that It just Isn't a good song, and yes, better, without a doubt, Is much better.