OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Rydog -

Please read this post ( http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=185553&view=findpost&p=3046253 ) and then explain to me how a one night reunion wouldn't undo any progress made in convincing people a reunion will never happen.

I just don't see how having a connection to the old guys through the RNRHOF is going to make any difference when the current show is so reliant on old material - there's a major connection to the old band every single time Axl steps on stage. I don't get how you can see it as ok that Axl can use the old band's songs to make up 80% of his nightly show but then worry that by playing with the old guys at the RNRHOF the illusion will some how be ruined for the new guys. Do you think that the audience at a GNR show actually thinks DJ wrote Sweet Child O' Mine, or that Frank came up with the intro to You Could Be Mine?

The new band hasn't been fully accepted before the RNRHOF and they won't be accepted after the RNRHOF either. It makes no difference. It'll be another day at the office for them fighting against a public and a record label that wants the old guys. They've had enough of a fight before this and that will continue after the RNRHOF. They've only made this worse for themselves by using the GNR name. Like I say, if Axl wants to avoid the old guys then announce on RNRHOF night that he is breaking up GNR permanently and then keep the same band and start touring the next day as Axl Rose. It'll cut down his stress, lawsuits, and audience significantly but at least he'll be doing his own thing

Edited by rydog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A notable one however was when you tried to call someone out for expressing an opinion as a fact when you failed to realise that that is all you had been doing. Also when you failed to grasp the difference between a statement and a fact and tried to illustrate your point with some garbeled, fuckwitted nonsense about how you love dogs.

So why don't you post what that person said and post what I said so we can see if I was being hypocritical?

Or should we just trust your judgement of the situation, even though you'd rather call me names than show us what you're talking about?

As for the difference between a statement and a fact, that's very sad that you fell for such a weak cupcake.

If I ask someone to tell me what their favorite song is, I'm asking them for a fact (that would hopefully be conveyed via a statement). Are you really having such a tough time understanding that?

You said and I quote "me saying I love dogs would be a fact"

Then someone pointed out that it would not be a fact but a statement that might be a fact but might also be a lie. You failed to address the point and were further humiliated.

Go eat something you must be getting hungry.

Edited by spunko12345

Groghan, the difference is crystal clear- I'm not stipulating what Axl "should" do or feel, I'm simply explaining what should be painfully obvious that if he WANTED to do it, he would but since he appears not to want it, that is his decision to make. You on the other hand are speaking out of both sides of your mouth saying that "Axl is free to do whatever he wants" but then laying out what he "SHOULD" feel- what a laughable idea.

The difference here is that you're trying to tell a human being how they should feel and I'm able to understand that that's not for me to decide. There's no confusion here except for whatever confusion you are trying to manufacture.

And also, nowhere did I tell you not post what you felt- that's just you doing your poor little me routine again, oh tortured soul. I simply asked you a question- do you go out and do a poll of what people want you to fell before you feel something? Still waiting for an answer but since its incovenient for you, I know there will be none forthcoming.

Haha! Its funny that you are overflowing here with the importance of people giving their "opinion" when all you seem to do is go around labelling people for giving opinions differing from yours. If people explain to you, hey Groghan, you know what, it really is no business of yours to proclaim on what people SHOULD feel, it must be because they "worship" Axl and are waiting for a bosom-buddy relationship to blossom with him. Its funny how predictable you are- people who seem capable of understanding that Axl might actually have the right to (Gasp!) his own point of view on things are often silenced here by labelling them as vultures for backstage passes etc so you conjured up a similarly tired old storyline for me.

The fact is that I live in Pakistan where GN'R are not likely to ever tour and the possibility of my ever meeting Axl are probably zilch. I know that he will never know that I exist- you on the other hand seem to think that posting the same monotonous litany of complaints on every thread would shake up Axl's world and you'll enlighten everyone with the light that only you possess.

Yeah, lots of things "should" happen- we are all GN'R fans and you should respect that but instead you go from thread to thread labeling people when you are unable to defend you weak arguments; you should be able to understand that you dont have to come running to "defend" good sense and logic against Axl and "Axl worshippers" because nobody died and made you the king of good sense anyway and because nobody said anything about "worshipping" Axl. In other words, you "should" start ACTUALLY listening to people rather than the voices in your head.

I think what's "sad" is that you cant seem to enjoy the RRHOF unless it happens on your terms, exactly the way you want it to. The fact that the group of guys who shook the world etc etc are being recognized for it is good enough for me, I will not attempt to charter the course of their emotions for them. And that's the only RATIONAL position to take- not trying to tell a grown adult who I dont know what he "should" feel.

Oh my gosh.

Chatting with you is painful. The majority of the things you bring up don't even apply to me or the discussion we were having. I will ignore your insults and try and answer the questions you think I'm skipping. (This might be boring for people not involved, so feel free to skip this comment). I will also try and address some of your points.

1. Really? Wow, I'm at a bit of a loss that you can't comprehend this. So I will try and explain it again. Nobody is talking out of both sides of their mouth. Axl is free to do whatever he wants. He doesn't care what I think. BUT......this is where you apparently got lost last time......BUT this is a FORUM. On a forum, people talk about THEIR OPINIONS of whatever that forum is about. A forum is a place for people to exchange ideas. We are not sending Axl a letter demaning he do what we say. We are sharing our opinions with other fans. I'm sharing my opinion, just like YOU are. Just because you and I do not agree, doesn't mean that either of our opinions is more valid or means more. Serious question - you do understand the concept of a forum, right?

2. Poor little me routine? Tortured soul? Are you serious? Talk about taking a forum way too seriously. Uhh, sure. Posting inbetween a meeting and then working on report. Eating a turkey bagel. But sure. I'm a tortured soul because of what an anonymous person wrote on an rock and roll forum. If you take the internet that seriously, then you should stop posting!

3. No. I don't take a random poll of people before deciding how to feel about something. And I hope you don't either. I didn't answer that question for convience reasons, I skipped it because it is a stupid question.

4. So you are saying that people who worship Axl are those that (gasp) are the only ones capable of understanding Axl? And you wonder why people call you a Nutter!!!!!

5. Hypocrite much? You complain about me saying that you hope your posts will stir up Axl's interest.....but then accuse me of doing the very same thing!!!! This coming from somebody who accuses me of talking out of both sides of my mouth!!!! So why am I a bad guy for saying that, but it's OK for you to say? Exactly.

6. Again. I'm posting MY opinion!!! I never stated to be the king of good sense. I ask you the question. You complain about me telling posters why their posts are wrong.........while you are telling me why my posts are wrong!! Hypocrite much????? Why is it OK for you to do that to me, but I'm not allowed to do it to others? Who made you the Queen of dictating what people can/cannot post about?????

7. You make so many assumptions that it isn't funny. I'm not sure if I will or will not enjoy the RRHOF. I'll have to watch it first. I can't see into the future like you apparently can. Axl doesn't have to perform for me to enjoy the show. You really shouldn't push YOUR assumptions onto other people. Maybe follow your own advice and stick to the facts? Just a thought.

8. You certainly saved the best for last!!!!

"""""I think what's "sad" is that you cant seem to enjoy the RRHOF unless it happens on your terms, exactly the way you want it to. And that's the only RATIONAL position to take- not trying to tell a grown adult who I dont know what he "should" feel."""""" You just wrote 8 paragraphs telling me how I should feel!!!!! For the third time, hypocrite much? All the things you accuse me of doing to Axl, you do to me in every post!!!! It's hilarious. And you wonder why people call you a Nutter!!!!

So there. I responded to every question and every comment. Pretty much destroyed everything that you posted, but I don't want that to make you give up and stop posting. I'd suggest that you maybe try not to be such a Nutter, and to apply the same standards you seem so desporate to attach to anybody who doesn't worship Axl to yourself. Because you come across as extremely hypocritical.

Has Axl ever been asked anything lately regarding the HOF

No. He should be doing few interviews before the European leg start though but he most likely won't. :shrugs:

Are there any shows for GNR before the HOF?

As for who wrote the material GNR has been playing, the old band certainly didn't write the 7 songs played from Chinese and Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions. He didn't help write any of the songs played from Lies.

Jaajajajajajaj, are you drunk buddy?

Slash is the main writer of Civil War, most celebrated surprise song in this last USA tour. On the other hand, do you really believe that Axl didn't get help from Slash in Estranged (other surprise) or Novermber Rain?. Slash also has credit in You're Crazy and Used to Lover Her, I honestly think that your post makes any sense.

Edited by sergiodefenders

Rydog -

Did you read my post? If so, do you disagree with my premise that the industry would have a motive to undermine Axl's efforts if it believes a reunion is possible? Do you disagree with my premise that over time, progress has been made in convincing people that Axl will not reunite? Do you disagree that whatever progress has been made in that area would be harmed if he reunited for one night?

Are you really going to sit there and tell me that doing a reunion wouldn't make it tougher to convince people you wouldn't do one?

Think about it . . . um, how do you convince people you would NEVER do something you JUST did . . .

Howdy, yes I do agree with what you're saying. At the same time I think the industry is already undermining his efforts, he has had a tough battle these last few years to fight for what he wants without a doubt. I don't know about the progress made convincing people he won't reunite. What about the LA Times interview where he talked reunion stuff? If he wanted to keep a lid on reunion talk how come he answered that question. He stirred the pot himself by discussing it

maybe he has changed his firm stance on a reunion. Imagine having everything you ever said published and analyzed. I change my mind all the time about stuff I said I never would do... who knows what he thinks at the moment

I don't know the answers, this band is very complicated!

Edited by rydog

Interesting but as some others have mentioned, doing so would undo everything Axl has been trying to do for years. It is a catch 22 either way.

Exactly. Anyways, I'm starting to have a strange feeling that tells me they're gonna play there...

It would be so awesome if they were trying to keep it a secret until that night like when Axl and GNR played the MTV music awards back in 2002.

I wonder if it's a matter of money or the guys think it wouldn't be right since they're all in other bands now?

Guest gunns5

The thread shouldn't of been merged with this one as it makes it harder t find the original post but anyway,

On topic, I agree that if axl played with the old band, it would cause some negative effects towards new gnr, and Axl as worked quiet hard to not just voluntarily instigate harm to it,

cue the "axl worked hard on the new band" sarastic posts

Not worshiping Slash equals kissing Axl's ass in your mind?

What kind of logic is that?

This discussion was about who's the one that doesn't want to perform. If you come here and bash Slash and insult him. Who are you defending? Daddy Axl. I find hilarious that you want to deny your endless love for the chubby man.

...and Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions. He didn't help write any of the songs played from Lies.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

****Gunsguys removed my post insulting another member***

Edited by gunsguy

It's funny how Axl worshippers think that if you don't like everything Axl does or feel frustated by something regarding new gnr you are a Slash fan.

Not my case, I don't care about Slash, already said in other thread I know ONE VR song.

I'm just not blind, you know?

From how I see things both Slash and Axl are arrogant assholes. I just think Slash is cool with everybody nowadays, too old to keep fighting. The guy is over GnR. Axl almost always puts himself as the victim. Come on! just get over it. Speak with your music, with your new band and forget the past. Even if you are bitter about it. You're 50, man. Let the music do the talking.

He should be ready for this. He got the name, he knew the consequences for doing that. I know that deep down, they are not assholes, money changed their lifes. For one last night, these guys should reunite, shake hands, and move on.

...and Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions. He didn't help write any of the songs played from Lies.

You think saying these things to other members is cool? According to your warn log ya do, final warning issued. Review the rules

Edited by gunsguy

This discussion was about who's the one that doesn't want to perform. If you come here and bash Slash and insult him. Who are you defending? Daddy Axl. I find hilarious that you want to deny your endless love for the chubby man.

Nope, my friend. Your tongue is just so far up Slash's ass that you can't handle anybody criticizing him. Your nerd rage has already proven that.

The shit must have blinded you. You should check in to some saline solution.

I don't see why a reunion would potentially hurt NuGNR. Chances are the Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven/Matt aren't gonna be a unit again. If at all, probably guest appearances at different shows. DJ has already stated that he would love for a reunion. We know that Bumble's a big fan of Slash, and I'm sure the others would also approve of it. Yes, there's a bit of a risk with NuGNR, that a probability of being replaced by the old Guns does exist, but I really doubt that Axl would let that happen considering he's not in bad terms with any of them, and considering how they've been with him through thick and thin also plays a huge aspect.

You think saying these things to other members is cool? According to your warn log ya do, final warning issued. Review the rules

Good Job :thumbsup:

Nothing posted here or elsewhere online Absolutely nothing,no opinions,or guesstimations will make one iota of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Discussion and baseless, erroneous, meaningless arguements are two entirely different animals.

Good rule of thumb is don't say anything you wouldn't say in person.

Nothing posted here or elsewhere online Absolutely nothing,no opinions,or guesstimations will make one iota of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Discussion and baseless, erroneous, meaningless arguements are two entirely different animals.

I agree with that rule of thumb.

Ali

lucrecia -

the proposed wager was not in reference to dogs, it was in reference to soulmonster's smear campaign against me.

Get over yourself.

So how does that wager work, exactly? Why do you want me to go to Orlando? Why can't you be a man and defend yourself when I point out you mix up "fact" and "statement" and "riff" and "song" rather than start all that silly escrow business. It's really pathetic.

I agree with that rule of thumb.

Ali

Thank you kindly,most appreciated :thumbsup:

Why didnt Dexter get banned when he said those things about Madison then?

Because Dexter is fucking Axl Rose and you are not.

Edited by Flayer

Why do you have to swear so much.

This.

Why do you have to swear so much.

somanycusswords.png

Edited by Flayer

Nope, my friend. Your tongue is just so far up Slash's ass that you can't handle anybody criticizing him. Your nerd rage has already proven that.

The shit must have blinded you. You should check in to some saline solution.

:rofl-lol: LOLWUT?! There's a difference between "criticism" and "throwing insults at a past member like a retarded e-thug". Keep calm bro 'cause with your "nerd rage" comment you really look badass and I don't want you to hurt my feelings : (

As for who wrote the material GNR has been playing, the old band certainly didn't write the 7 songs played from Chinese and Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions. He didn't help write any of the songs played from Lies.

Jaajajajajajaj, are you drunk buddy?

Slash is the main writer of Civil War, most celebrated surprise song in this last USA tour. On the other hand, do you really believe that Axl didn't get help from Slash in Estranged (other surprise) or Novermber Rain?. Slash also has credit in You're Crazy and Used to Lover Her, I honestly think that your post makes any sense.

Have never been drunk before, so I definitely wasn't drunk last night. You quoted me saying that Slash helped write one of the Illusion songs they play, which would be Civil War like you mentioned. Slash did not write You're Crazy or Used to Love Her. You probably don't think my post makes sense because you appear to be allergic to facts.

You laugh and call me drunk, but then completely fail to point out ANY flaws in what I wrote. My facts were all completely accurate. Yours were incorrect. Perhaps you need to put more effort into your posts. Perhaps you need to

#trollbetter

You said "Slash only helped write one of the 7 songs played from Illusions".

Who wrote Don't Cry solo?

Who wrote November Rain solos and the outro?

Who wrote Estranged solos?

Who wrote You Could Be Mine solo?

I think there's a big difference between: "Slash only fully wrote.." and "Slash only helped write...".

#trollbetter