COMA is the greatest song Guns N' Roses ever recorded

OTHAFA

Axl and Slash at their best. I wonder how long this song was in the works? I don't think either one of them will ever be able to make something that even touches this song ever again. What a masterpiece.

The last two minutes of the song always gives me chills. rock2

Edited by OTHAFA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the "greatest" (that would be Sweet Child or Jungle, I think), but it's definitely my favorite.

I'm saying greatest strictly from a creative/artistic point of view, unless that's what you meant also. I just think both Axl and Slash were at their peak creatively with this song.

To my mind it is perfection and couldnt have been improved. Each verse gets more and more dramatic until it almost stops in the middle then cranks up again until the end which is just unbelievably great.

When I listen to it, it feels like it ends so quickly. It doesn't feel like five minutes has gone by, much less 10. It ends and I'm like, "Shit, it's over already?!"

Not the "greatest" (that would be Sweet Child or Jungle, I think), but it's definitely my favorite.

I'm saying greatest strictly from a creative/artistic point of view, unless that's what you meant also. I just think both Axl and Slash were at their peak creatively with this song.

I always treat the word "greatest" with influence/impact/popularity and such. I think it's the most creative and artistic, too. :thumbsup:

To my mind it is perfection and couldnt have been improved. Each verse gets more and more dramatic until it almost stops in the middle then cranks up again until the end which is just unbelievably great.

This guy has the right idea! There's no song like Coma. I don't get why it doesn't get more attention outside of GN'R forums. I remember someone starting a poll about worst song on UYI1 on a Maiden forum, and the amount of votes this song got gave me a hemorrhage. :confused:

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

There are probably three dozen tracks I'd put ahead of Coma. Easily two dozen. I just can't get into that song. I don't hate it like I hate Dead Horse, but I'm in the minority in that I always switch discs after Don't Damn Me.

Interesting. Dead Horse is one of my favorite tracks, and the second half of UYI1 is my favorite song streak. I always say that UYI1 has absolutely no fillers. Even RNDTH is cool in some places (the intro, the bass, the lyrics, the fuck you scream).

Funny, because I was doing up Illusion One yesterday while billin', and the thought did strike me of how powerful and unique it is compared to the rest of their cannon. It's definitly the best thing that Axl and Slash produced together as a tag team. Not fond of the drum pop at the end though.

top 10 song ever written by a human being. Though it`s not a song I just want to hear everyday etc, it has it`s own special place, actually like few CD songs too. Masterpiece, sometimes almost too much to handle lol.....especially when trying to write a song myself or depressed.

perfection