Ron's latest Facebook status...

Young_Gun

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he's only talking about the end oh the UCAP tour?

That is what I originally thought. I thought it was nothing suspicious. But the way it's worded and how he thanks the band and crew makes it seem like he is thanking them for his time in the band and not just for the recent UCAP tour...

"Thanks to the Guns N' Roses fans, band & crew for all the great times :) Flying home in a few hours.... doctors & drugs, needles & knives. Goodbye."

Seriously... Am I wrong in thinking he just announced he is out?

I think you are wrong. He is basically just thanking for the tour. You are reading too much into it.

Besides, Bumblefoot is a professional, if he was leaving the band he would say so explicitly, not in such vague roundabout terms.

"Thanks to the Guns N' Roses fans, band & crew for all the great times :) Flying home in a few hours.... doctors & drugs, needles & knives. Goodbye."

I think you are wrong. He is basically just thanking for the tour. You are reading too much into it.

Besides, Bumblefoot is a professional, if he was leaving the band he would say so explicitly, not in such vague roundabout terms.

Probably, but I'm not the only one thinking it's implying something.

I tend to think people overeact way too much but reading this gave me a sinking feeling. Thanking the band & crew for the great times is what threw me, if he is planning to stay then those times will continue - then the goodbye made me wonder more.

Guess we will have to wait and see how he goes with treatment for his back and hope he's ok.

I tend to think people overeact way too much but reading this gave me a sinking feeling. Thanking the band & crew for the great times is what threw me, if he is planning to stay then those times will continue - then the goodbye made me wonder more.

Guess we will have to wait and see how he goes with treatment for his back and hope he's ok.

Indeed. He deteriorating condition throughout the 2012 tour doesn't look good either.

No, this Board is full of people who regularly are mistaken in their GN'R assumptions.

No, this Board is full of people who regularly are mistaken in their GN'R assumptions.

That's fine. Although we are not always wrong. When Robin's departure was first hinted at many people here said it's nothing and that we are looking into things too much. Even when Del was ambiguous about it people still thought Robin was in. We now know Robin did leave and the band knew just before we did as they were looking for a replacement long before DJ Ashba was officially announced.

Very true and lets hope you're right, more importantly he needs to get the medical treatment first and see where he goes from there. He does tend to word things in a way that much can be read into it.

Very true and lets hope you're right, more importantly he needs to get the medical treatment first and see where he goes from there. He does tend to word things in a way that much can be read into it.

Thank you!

It's not like he said "Had a blast on the UCAP tour, thanks to all that made it possible".

Is it merely a coincidence that Ron tweeted this just a day after Finck played with the band for the first time in 5 years??

No, because I don't think it is a coincidence that Finck was invited to play with the band on the concluding gig of the tour. The band probably wanted the UCAP tour to end on a high note and do something special. Hence, Bumbles thanking for the tour must necessarily have taken place close to Finck doing a guest appearance.

Can anyone shed any light on this source?

New Jersey music columnist, Chris Jordan, is suggesting that Axl Rose may once again find himself short a lead axeman. According to Jordan, Ron Thal, aka Bumblefoot, has been in ongoing negotiations with Days of the New frontman, Travis Meeks, regarding becoming a permanent guitarist and co-writer for the band's fourth original studio album tentatively titled 'The Color Grey'. Meeks, who is set to begin working on DOTN's first album of original material since 2001, has been in ongoing negotiations with Bumblefoot and it looks as if the negotiations are about to turn into a full time partnership, claims a source who wishes to remain anonymous.

So, what does this mean for Ron Thal and his future with Guns N Roses? While Ron Thal was unavailable to comment, a close confident of Ron's had this to say: "Ron's desire to create and record music is his first priority. He is a true artist. Guns N Roses has been a great opportunity for him in many ways, but he has musical aspirations and is willing to do whatever is necessary to fulfill these aspirations".

Travis Meeks intends to return to the studio this April to begin recording sessions for the new DOTN album. With a spring GNR European tour currently scheduled, it will be interesting to see how this plays out if Ron does, in fact, intend to jump ship.