Ron's latest Facebook status...

Young_Gun

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"needles and knives" implies that maybe he is having surgery on his injury?

And can you recover from back surgery in 2 months?

Not sure if this has been addressed, but yes, depending on the type of surgery. I've had a back surgery and felt a million times better as soon as I woke up. I was restricted in terms of what I could do and lift for six weeks and then it was business as usual with no restrictions.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

There is clear ambiguity in a lot of Ron’s communications; he either likes the attention these unclear statements create or is simply honest in terms of his doubts about the future.

There is clear ambiguity in a lot of Ron’s communications; he either likes the attention these unclear statements create or is simply honest in terms of his doubts about the future.

Or he simply doesn't realize as he is writing what he is that it is as ambiguous as it comes across.

That does happen, you know. Something may be clear in your head and then you articulate and realize it wasn't as clear to others.

Ali

Katarina Benzova

‎9;30am..time to sleep finally:) Up Close and Personal GN'R tour over..bitter sweet feelings..will miss my family but can't wait to chiiiiilllll a little:)

omg! she is out too!

xD

If Ron was leaving, I say good for him. He has sacrificed himself for the fans more than just about any other member. He had an entire career outside of Guns N' Roses that he continued while in the band that he was willing to drop at a moments notice when they decided to tour. He juggles so much to be in this band, then with the bad car wreck on top of everything? He deserves the time off. Thank you Ron.

He prob. wants to see how the surgery goes, and wants to see what the recovery time will be, before it's made official. I think if Robin was there to talk about rejoining, it was handled appropriately and respectfully.. Axl's not just kicking Bumble's ass to the curb. Maybe it's a temporary fill in, maybe it's not... we'll see (as usual).

I'm guessing Eddie Trunk might know, but it's one of those things that'll be an official announcement, there's no way he wants to get wrapped up in GnR rumors. You can ask his opinion on it on the radio show or Twitter..that's about it.

I'm sure around surgery time and when the doctor gives the recommendations, that's when we'll all know.

Is it merely a coincidence that Ron tweeted this just a day after Finck played with the band for the first time in 5 years??

Almost certainly. Finck is from the "feel" guitarist branch (Slash, Finck, Dj) of the GN'R tree and NOT the virtuoso branch (Bucket/Bumble). Though I love Finck- he wouldn't be a suitable replacement for Bumblefoot.

Whilst this is very much true, if the worst did come to the worst, and Bumble couldn't play the European tour then I don't see why GNR couldn't just bring back Finck for the leg of the tour and just alter the setlist. There's tons of songs that a trio of DJ/Finck/Fortus could play and still include a few CD songs. This I Love, Street of Dreams, Sorry are easy enough to do without a virtuoso. And Chinese Democracy and Better could easily be adapted too.

Then you just focus the setlist on more older material. Mama Kin, Nice Boys, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, Think About You all come across as potential songs the band could play instead of songs they cannot do without a virtuoso

Absolutely. I agree. For one thing Fortus is completely under-employed live and could probably do a passable job (at the very least) covering Bucket's parts in an Ashba-Finck-Fortus line-up. That said- I think I've read before (can't locate the quote now) that Axl is really committed to Fortus as the rhythm player and most comfortable with him in that role. Kind of an embarrassment of riches to have a guy like Fortus on rhythm (save a few solos here or there)- but it is what is. Also- though they could cobble a set-list together not really requiring a real virtuoso- I can't imagine Axl feeling comfortable taking the stage without one.

Whatever the case- hopefully Bumble gets some rest and starts to feel a little better...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

He prob. wants to see how the surgery goes, and wants to see what the recovery time will be, before it's made official. I think if Robin was there to talk about rejoining, it was handled appropriately and respectfully.. Axl's not just kicking Bumble's ass to the curb. Maybe it's a temporary fill in, maybe it's not... we'll see (as usual).

I'm guessing Eddie Trunk might know, but it's one of those things that'll be an official announcement, there's no way he wants to get wrapped up in GnR rumors. You can ask his opinion on it on the radio show or Twitter..that's about it.

I'm sure around surgery time and when the doctor gives the recommendations, that's when we'll all know.

What the hell are you going on about? Where do you get the notion that Robin was there to do anything other than play a song with the band? Where do you get that there is anything to make official? And Eddie Trunk? What exactly would he know?

Ali

"needles and knives" implies that maybe he is having surgery on his injury?

And can you recover from back surgery in 2 months?

Not sure if this has been addressed, but yes, depending on the type of surgery. I've had a back surgery and felt a million times better as soon as I woke up. I was restricted in terms of what I could do and lift for six weeks and then it was business as usual with no restrictions.

Well that's good to know.

What the hell are you going on about? Where do you get the notion that Robin was there to do anything other than play a song with the band? Where do you get that there is anything to make official? And Eddie Trunk? What exactly would he know?

Ali

Sheesh, it's just speculating...

I'm not the only one speculating this. I think if Ron's ability to tour is in question, it's POSSIBLE he was there for more than a guest appearance. If a former band member is sitting in with the band, how can there not be rumors about it, esp. when he's been dealing with a chronic injury? Just hope Ron heals up and continues doing what he loves & what he knows. He could decide to part ways with GnR even when he does heal up 100 percent back to kicking ass... it wouldn't be the first time, probably not the last time.

Eddie's known the guys in GnR over the years from other projects, and as someone who worked in the recording industry that had to make Ace Frehley presentable, he has enough common sense to keep some things off the air. He'd be the first to admit he's not great buddies with a lot of them, esp. when he criticizes their music, but just from years of being a part of the music industry, am pretty sure he's a trusted confidant by a lot of musicians. If you work for a record company or produce a TV show, there's a LOT of shit you can't discuss.