Ron's latest Facebook status...

Young_Gun

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said during the tour that he's going to meet with neurologists into a pain-treatment facility during the break and possibly have surgery.

I don't think his message means that he quit.

However, if he's serious about finding some sort of relief, there's the possibility that his treatment won't allow him to come back as soon as he's needed.

I'm no neurologist but it's still a possibility, right ? :shrugs:

Is it merely a coincidence that Ron tweeted this just a day after Finck played with the band for the first time in 5 years??

Almost certainly. Finck is from the "feel" guitarist branch (Slash, Finck, Dj) of the GN'R tree and NOT the virtuoso branch (Bucket/Bumble). Though I love Finck- he wouldn't be a suitable replacement for Bumblefoot.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Can anyone shed any light on this source?

New Jersey music columnist, Chris Jordan, is suggesting that Axl Rose may once again find himself short a lead axeman. According to Jordan, Ron Thal, aka Bumblefoot, has been in ongoing negotiations with Days of the New frontman, Travis Meeks, regarding becoming a permanent guitarist and co-writer for the band's fourth original studio album tentatively titled 'The Color Grey'. Meeks, who is set to begin working on DOTN's first album of original material since 2001, has been in ongoing negotiations with Bumblefoot and it looks as if the negotiations are about to turn into a full time partnership, claims a source who wishes to remain anonymous.

So, what does this mean for Ron Thal and his future with Guns N Roses? While Ron Thal was unavailable to comment, a close confident of Ron's had this to say: "Ron's desire to create and record music is his first priority. He is a true artist. Guns N Roses has been a great opportunity for him in many ways, but he has musical aspirations and is willing to do whatever is necessary to fulfill these aspirations".

Travis Meeks intends to return to the studio this April to begin recording sessions for the new DOTN album. With a spring GNR European tour currently scheduled, it will be interesting to see how this plays out if Ron does, in fact, intend to jump ship.

I think this was made up by a cupcake on another site. I honestly don't think Bumble is going anywhere, aslong as his back holds up of course

Can anyone shed any light on this source?

New Jersey music columnist, Chris Jordan, is suggesting that Axl Rose may once again find himself short a lead axeman. According to Jordan, Ron Thal, aka Bumblefoot, has been in ongoing negotiations with Days of the New frontman, Travis Meeks, regarding becoming a permanent guitarist and co-writer for the band's fourth original studio album tentatively titled 'The Color Grey'. Meeks, who is set to begin working on DOTN's first album of original material since 2001, has been in ongoing negotiations with Bumblefoot and it looks as if the negotiations are about to turn into a full time partnership, claims a source who wishes to remain anonymous.

So, what does this mean for Ron Thal and his future with Guns N Roses? While Ron Thal was unavailable to comment, a close confident of Ron's had this to say: "Ron's desire to create and record music is his first priority. He is a true artist. Guns N Roses has been a great opportunity for him in many ways, but he has musical aspirations and is willing to do whatever is necessary to fulfill these aspirations".

Travis Meeks intends to return to the studio this April to begin recording sessions for the new DOTN album. With a spring GNR European tour currently scheduled, it will be interesting to see how this plays out if Ron does, in fact, intend to jump ship.

I think this was made up by a cupcake on another site. I honestly don't think Bumble is going anywhere, aslong as his back holds up of course

Thanks for that, I have no idea who any of these people are.

Rocket Queen I doubt Europe would be cancelled so relax, if Ron couldn't make it for a period of recovery they would find someone else in the meantime. They've had plenty of warning knowing about his injury so don't worry - so far they have shown they don't just cancel gigs like the old days.

Better management (no pun intended) & being off drugs/alcohol plus wiser now means they are showing fans they won't let us down.

Now you guys have gotten me all worried. I don't want Ron to leave and I don't want the European tour to be cancelled

Seriously? You are affected so easily by senseless hysteria?

Senseless hysteria? BBF himself posted a fairly defintive sounding goodbye message on both Twitter and Facebook. I see no reason why Ron would post such a message unless he was closing that chapter of his life. Who writes like that otherwise? If it was intended to be a simple end of tour message he would just say "Had a blast, looking forward to the break, see you guys in Europe."

You should know as well as I do that when changes happen within the group, the fans usually find out months later, usually only when a replacement has been found.

Edited by Towelie

Rocket Queen I doubt Europe would be cancelled so relax, if Ron couldn't make it for a period of recovery they would find someone else in the meantime. They've had plenty of warning knowing about his injury so don't worry - so far they have shown they don't just cancel gigs like the old days.

Better management (no pun intended) & being off drugs/alcohol plus wiser now means they are showing fans they won't let us down.

Yeah I guess you're right about that :)

Not saying Robin will in fact relace Bumble nor anything, but IF Ron needs a time off, I could picture a lineup with Robin taking the Chinese songs he wrote, Ashba taking Slashs solos and Richard doing the shred. Because yeah, Fortus is indeed capable of doing that.

Having said that, I dont believe Robin will ever come back, so if Bumble really is out, I think Axl would find another shredder, like Ghovan or even Bucket for a temporary spot.

Now you guys have gotten me all worried. I don't want Ron to leave and I don't want the European tour to be cancelled

Senseless hysteria? BBF himself posted a fairly defintive sounding goodbye message on both Twitter and Facebook. I see no reason why Ron would post such a message unless he was closing that chapter of his life. Who writes like that otherwise? If it was intended to be a simple end of tour message he would just say "Had a blast, looking forward to the break, see you guys in Europe."

You should know as well as I do that when changes happen within the group, the fans usually find out months later, usually only when a replacement has been found.

I find that interpretation of what Bumbles wrote a bit silly. He is too professional and forthright with his fans to announce leaving the band in such a roundabout way.

"Thanks to the Guns N' Roses fans, band & crew for all the great times :) Flying home in a few hours.... doctors & drugs, needles & knives. Goodbye."

Seriously... Am I wrong in thinking he just announced he is out?

My interpretation is that he needs medical treatment, maybe a surgery...? I hope he gets well soon!

After every tour Ron thanks the band, the crew and the fans. It's nothing new.

But I'm affraid that Ron won't be there in time for the European Tour.

And I sure as hell don't want Finck to fill in for him.

Finck can't play ron's parts, richard probably can, tho. But I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like he's leaving.

After every tour Ron thanks the band, the crew and the fans. It's nothing new.

But I'm affraid that Ron won't be there in time for the European Tour.

And I sure as hell don't want Finck to fill in for him.

Finck can't play ron's parts, richard probably can, tho. But I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like he's leaving.

I know, he just played a 3+ hour show, his back is acting up and he's tired.

The goodbye means nothing.

I find that interpretation of what Bumbles wrote a bit silly. He is too professional and forthright with his fans to announce leaving the band in such a roundabout way.

He's always been vague and sketchy about Guns business. Anyway, perhaps he isn't leaving, but taking an extended break.

I hope I'm wrong, as Ron is my favourite member of the band and I'm a big fan of both his solo stuff and his work in Guns, but having read his Facebook post, it isn't hard to see why fans are taking what he wrote as a leaving message.

Edited by Towelie

He's always been vague and sketchy about Guns business.

Yes, about GNR business, but if he were to leave the band -- which is not only GNR business, but a personal mater -- then he would let us know honestly. Unless he is thinking about leaving, and it isn't official yet, but then he wouldn't say anything or allude to it, because that would be unprofessional.

I hope I'm wrong, as Ron is my favourite member of the band and I'm a big fan of both his solo stuff and his work in Guns, but having read his Facebook post, it isn't hard to see why fans are taking what he wrote as a leaving message.

The most avid fans tend to go most overboard.

Edited by SoulMonster

Is it merely a coincidence that Ron tweeted this just a day after Finck played with the band for the first time in 5 years??

Almost certainly. Finck is from the "feel" guitarist branch (Slash, Finck, Dj) of the GN'R tree and NOT the virtuoso branch (Bucket/Bumble). Though I love Finck- he wouldn't be a suitable replacement for Bumblefoot.

Whilst this is very much true, if the worst did come to the worst, and Bumble couldn't play the European tour then I don't see why GNR couldn't just bring back Finck for the leg of the tour and just alter the setlist. There's tons of songs that a trio of DJ/Finck/Fortus could play and still include a few CD songs. This I Love, Street of Dreams, Sorry are easy enough to do without a virtuoso. And Chinese Democracy and Better could easily be adapted too.

Then you just focus the setlist on more older material. Mama Kin, Nice Boys, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, Think About You all come across as potential songs the band could play instead of songs they cannot do without a virtuoso

If bumble has surgery on his neck or back depending on what is done he could be back in a matter of a few weeks.

My dad had neck surgery to fuse 3 disks, he was in so much pain before the surgery and felt better the next day and after 2 weeks he was back at work and back then his job was very labor intensive now he is a supervisor and if he had surgery on his neck now I bet in a few days if the Dr. would let him he would have been back to work.

But like I said it all depends on what is done and if it works. But alot of the surgeries are done laparoscopic and if successful healing time is greatly reduced when compared to laying someone open.

I have no idea on what bumble needs done but I am just throwing out there what I have seen.

I hope he stays he is my favorite guitarist!!!

Look at www.bumblefoot.com

"NEXT APPEARANCE...

w/ GUNS N' ROSES

*EUROPEAN TOUR STARTS MAY 2012...

CLICK FOR PAST TOUR DATES "

Case closed.

Thank you.

Do you know when that was updated?

The last show was yesterday and he had all dates of UCAP there, I suppose it was last night.

Edited by marlon_brando15