Official website

nonlinear

This is a reminder that your current General Membership subscription to the Guns N' Roses community in 1 week on 03/20/12.

We value your participation in the community and invite you to renew now.

We hate goodbyes as much as you do and look forward to your continued membership!

Please note that ground(ctrl) will permanently remove your account two months following expiration.

Thanks,

ground(ctrl)

LOL, they will be permanently removing accounts of those who don't renew their subscription. :rofl-lol:

I'm sorry GNR, but that website sucks, and there's NO WAY I'm paying to support that silliness. I'm 32 years old, and a bit past my rock-t-shirt-wearing days. you're gonna have to be a bit more creative if you want folks like me to join... like limited-run singles or EPs on vinyl or something. i can't believe what terrible business people have been in charge of this band for the last 20 years.

I got the same. I'm not against paying for it but there has been nothing that keeps me from going to the site (especially the Nightrain section). Even the tour pics are still down. How long does it take Kat to put a watermark and re-upload?

Amazing, we FINALLY get a decent website for the first time in years, after so much bitching about it, yet the bitching still continues. Plenty of bands charge for membership for online stuff (Iron Maiden being an example), but hey no one is forcing you to pay for it. At least we've got a decent looking site with some interactive stuff at last, and is decidedly more fan-interactive than the previous ones ever were.

Still, all expected I suppose.

Amazing, we FINALLY get a decent website for the first time in years, after so much bitching about it, yet the bitching still continues. Plenty of bands charge for membership for online stuff (Iron Maiden being an example), but hey no one is forcing you to pay for it. At least we've got a decent looking site with some interactive stuff at last, and is decidedly more fan-interactive than the previous ones ever were.

Most people don't mind paying if there is something in return. Have you been to the forum section? It is bush league...

im a a premum member and although i agree and would call it "decent" , i dont think its really worth the £45 I paid inc postage \\

The photos thing is poor, theres not even a need to watermark it IMO- they are GNR fans to enjoy surely?

TBH id be suprised if my stuff ships on time, allegedly thurs - even if it comes on time It will be 2 whole months after Ive joined

See, the difference is Iron Maiden gives you incredible value for the $40 membership. Quarterly FC magazines (Which are actually worth a read!), IMTV, the best presale system any band offers for tickets, discounted merch, exclusive merch, First To The Barrier contest, Heaven Can Wait contest, etc.

If Guns could offer something similar, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

This is a reminder that your current General Membership subscription to the Guns N' Roses community in 1 week on 03/20/12.

We value your participation in the community and invite you to renew now.

We hate goodbyes as much as you do and look forward to your continued membership!

Please note that ground(ctrl) will permanently remove your account two months following expiration.

Thanks,

ground(ctrl)

LOL, they will be permanently removing accounts of those who don't renew their subscription. :rofl-lol:

I'm sorry GNR, but that website sucks, and there's NO WAY I'm paying to support that silliness. I'm 32 years old, and a bit past my rock-t-shirt-wearing days. you're gonna have to be a bit more creative if you want folks like me to join... like limited-run singles or EPs on vinyl or something. i can't believe what terrible business people have been in charge of this band for the last 20 years.

Did you actually receive the reminder like that, with the word "expires" missing in the first sentence? If they can't be bothered to take 10 seconds to review a four sentence notification before it's mass mailed, it says a lot about the effort being put into the site.

And I hope the reason you're past your rock-t-shirt-wearing days has to do with something other than age, because I plan to wear my GNR gear into my 60's :rolleyes:

I got the same. I'm not against paying for it but there has been nothing that keeps me from going to the site (especially the Nightrain section). Even the tour pics are still down. How long does it take Kat to put a watermark and re-upload?

so you subscription expired or you never had one, but you still have access? do tell

so you subscription expired or you never had one, but you still have access? do tell

My complimentary 2-month subscription (for ordering the live stream) is coming to an end. Not going to renew. If they get their shit together and offer something worth paying for I would re-consider.

Edited by Coma16

Yeah, I thought the whole "permanently deleted after two months" thing was pretty comical and bullshit.

Until I see pictures of the memorabilia you get for joining, a full functional store, and more content on the site, I'm not dropping $50 for a membership.

This.

Ever Stop to think the site is in its infancy,more will be added in time-and about the Subscriptions: it is a deterrant for the perpetual haters and detractors that otherwise would make multiple accounts simply out of some sicko obsession to fuck the place up? Like they do here?

I think we are all aware of where they're coming from.

Powerage is right about the I.M. benefits,NIN had something like that in place as well,but don't know if its still active.

I'm a full member but the benefit isn't very good a t shirt and a bandanna that we don't even have any idea what the designs looks like. One free signed poster competition come on can't they sign like 100 of those fuckers for the Nightrain members?

Edited by ThinkAboutYou