In 2012, Guns N 'Roses will release a remix album, and Axl have Ruza ready for the next license songs album.

SMG

I think a remix album, if done correctly, could be very good for the band. For example, there are parts in the better gone remix, namely the heavy drum parts that made me think, "why haven't they done some EDM version of some of this?". I mean, take Better for example, would be very easy to make a very good dubstep version of it. Could be put into rotation at clubs and stuff. I might be in the minority on this board who like dubtep (to be honest, I'm not sure about all of your musical tastes :P ), but I think some dance-tinged remix album, or even a more hip-hop inspired remix album could be really awesome for the band, and for fans like myself who really enjoy EDM as well as classic rock/metal/glam etc.

Peace!

xXx

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CORRECT TRANSLATION: 'In 2012, Guns N 'Roses will release a remix album, and Axl Rose has begun licensing songs for the next album.'

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?

Link to Sit containing info - Needs translation.

Translate.

This is actually incorrect translation. The article doesn't say that he has begun licensing anything. It says that he's got finished songs for the next album of original material.

(Yes, I'm Russian.)

Thanks for the correct translation. I thought it was bad translated indeed. But the remix album part was right, right?

CORRECT TRANSLATION: 'In 2012, Guns N 'Roses will release a remix album, and Axl Rose has begun licensing songs for the next album.'

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?

Link to Sit containing info - Needs translation.

Translate.

This is actually incorrect translation. The article doesn't say that he has begun licensing anything. It says that he's got finished songs for the next album of original material.

(Yes, I'm Russian.)

Thanks for the correct translation. I thought it was bad translated indeed. But the remix album part was right, right?

So....what is the complete correct translation? So I can change it.

What they should do is release a remix album with a new song or two added to it.

Then release a new album latter this year.

i could live with this, but really they need to make sure that these remixes are really really good for the love of us please dont keep that Better remix on there Axl if its real

A remix album is a horrible idea in my opinion

1. The people not interested in the album are not going to be interested in a remix album

2. The people not interested in remixes are not going to be interested in a remix album

That leaves a very small demographic of hardcore GNR fans who would buy it, and at that point unless if it is a digital-only thing, I cannot see it bringing in profits.

What the fuck is the point of a remix album when Axl has apparently had at least a trilogy of album worthy material for a decade, god knows how much he has now, put it out and stop dithering about, he ain't gonna get any younger!

i totally agree, but GNR isnt really that rational ya know.

What the fuck is the point of a remix album when Axl has apparently had at least a trilogy of album worthy material for a decade, god knows how much he has now, put it out and stop dithering about, he ain't gonna get any younger!

Pretty much the same thing Ive been saying since 1997. Slash must be one commited grudge bearing motherfucker to keep screwing things up for this long.

A remix album is a horrible idea in my opinion

1. The people not interested in the album are not going to be interested in a remix album

2. The people not interested in remixes are not going to be interested in a remix album

That leaves a very small demographic of hardcore GNR fans who would buy it, and at that point unless if it is a digital-only thing, I cannot see it bringing in profits.

Yeah pretty much. You do a remix album shortly after the release of the main album. Not 4 years later.