The "Big Guns" on Chinese Democracy?

The Macaroni Incident?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really follow the "leaks were chosen for Chinese Democracy" theory any more. Seems likely that these were the songs planned to be on the album, and because they would be passed around the most and be the first batch to be finished, they'd naturally be more likely to leak.

big guns in descending order:

1. better

2. TWAT

3. sorry

Better, in fact, is a top tier gnr song. To me Better is "better" than half the AFD songs and most UYI songs

"A top tier" :rofl-lol: Hahaha hadn't heard that expression in the music area, it's fun.

I don't really follow the "leaks were chosen for Chinese Democracy" theory any more. Seems likely that these were the songs planned to be on the album, and because they would be passed around the most and be the first batch to be finished, they'd naturally be more likely to leak.

Exactly. They were songs in the finishing stages (vocals added, just need final tracks and mixes) and they were passed around so everyone involved can get an idea what final touches they want for the song. They were going to be on the album anyway.

Axl told to Rolling Stone in 2006 that Better, TWAT and Street of Dreams were his favorite, so maybe those were the big guns to him?

This.

I would venture out to guess that, the tracks that have the orchestral embellishments are the "big ones" according to Axl.

That's just going by the assumption he figured the stuff that worked great for them on UYI would work wonders here aswell.

too much of a good thing I think ...

There Was A Time is surely the song with the hardest rocking moment via the awesome Bucket/Axl duel.

Hmmm... what about the bridge in Better? Axl screaming over that cool Bucket riff.

The Axl scream in I.R.S over Bucket's solo is another one.

Edited by Rovim

When Axl made the Big Gun comment we'd heard CD, Riad, Silkworms, The Blues, Madagascar

Better, Shackler's, ITW, TWAT, Catcher are pretty big songs. Sorry, Prostitute TIL.

TIL and Sorry seems to have done well live.

Scraped, Sorry, This I Love could be videos.