When do you honestly expect an album of new material from GNR?

When do you honestly expect an album of new material from GNR?  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't.

As much as I'm desperate for new material, and I think this band has the potential to deliver a fantastic album, if the legal troubles, bandmembers leaving and whatever else that supposedly dogged CD for years haven't been resolved, then I don't hold out hope for anything.

I also hope that's not the case.

I'm just concerned that axl is showing zero interest in showcasing new music and indeed moving forward with an album...

With regards to previously written material - think of all the re-recording Axl's going to want to do with DJ taking over Robin's parts and Ron taking over Buckethead's parts.

Could take a few years.

I'm just concerned that axl is showing zero interest in showcasing new music and indeed moving forward with an album...

With regards to previously written material - think of all the re-recording Axl's going to want to do with DJ taking over Robin's parts and Ron taking over Buckethead's parts.

Could take a few years.

Ron should already be done his share between 2006-2008 and DJ did his already in 2010-2011. I believe it is ready to go and they are just working on the contract. The wait continues...

Voted 2014, but even that will be early for Axl imo.

Also, it won't be a new album of course, just the Bucket/Robin material with some additions from Ron and DJ.

It won't surprise me if it's 2017 and still there is no album out, but I'm confident we'll hear it someday. At least one more.

I kind of feel bad for those voting and believing we're going to see a new album any time this year. Based on comments by Ron, DJ, and Richard, they really haven't even written and recorded as a band yet in an official capacity. There might be an outside shot that Axl would release what was recorded with the Buckethead/Finck lineup, but that would certainly alienate Ron and DJ which leads me that won't be the case.

I voted for 2014 as the most realistic time frame as to when a new album will be released. Considering how long it took Chinese Democracy to come out, I'm not sure why anyone would think the next album would be any sooner. There really isn't any precedent or evidence for such a conclusion.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Touring is key for Guns now.

Guns need to enter the studio after the current tour, no messing about, and record and put out an album either before Xmas, or April/May next year.

Axl will lose his highest and lowest pitches as he gets older, but his mid ranges will mature and become richer, so he needs to bear that in mind with his choice of song.