GnR doing 12 shows in Vegas General Discussion Thread.

GunnerRose

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still they HAVE the chance to switch it some good and give some unpredictable setlists. the "normal" show goers wouldnt mind if there'd be 3 or 4 songs they dont know that much, they dont have all the song catalogue in their head anyway. switching it up with lots of changes is a win-win-situation....for fans and for the band themselves, it keeps a show fresh!

even if they'd go with stable setlists again....they could just change the song order a lot, it wouldnt matter....as the songs are the same, right? why not open with Paradise or Easy and closing with Sweet Child?

I agree completely. I said that the current setlists are "great", they could definitely be greater :). And one way of doing that is to shuffle the songs, exchange some of the less classic songs, and maybe play a completely new song rather than a CD song once in a while. That's just a few suggestions that I don't think would matter to the casual concert goers who go for the nostalgia act.

What I personally miss is the spontaneity of previous versions of the band. It's all so choreographed now. It is all so repetitive now. It has become too much of a...show now. I want more rock and roll. More daring. More wildness. More couldn't-give-a-fuck.

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Axl is probably the most repetetive artist ever."the setlist"hasn't changed much since ""nu GNR'"was formed.

oh well,but come on,man,don't you feel me?

we deserve better.

Uhm, you seriously saying that GN'R should choose a setlist based on a few fans on some Internet fora and not try to give the audiences a great time and real value for money by playing a 3 hour long best of set list with the highlights from AFD, Lies, UYI and CD? The setlist that is being used these days is great, people leave the venues satisfied with the songs that were chosen.

"...tell ya a little bit about this show... We're... There might be a delay between different songs... 'cuz... We just have this big fucking list, and we pick which song we're gonna play next, AS WE GO... To see how it feels best with you... That way, we don't get bored, 'n, and you don't go, 'I saw that show in... Toledo'... FUCK THAT SHIT... Also... We'll be playing a lot of new stuff, seeing as how you people have waited a really long time for the album to come out... and it'd be kind of a really pussyish thing to do, to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerkin' off..."

- Axl Rose, 1991

I am sure you hold the exact same opinions as you did 20 years ago. Times change, get the fuck over it, my God, 1991?

Axl is probably the most repetetive artist ever."the setlist"hasn't changed much since ""nu GNR'"was formed.

oh well,but come on,man,don't you feel me?

we deserve better.

Uhm, you seriously saying that GN'R should choose a setlist based on a few fans on some Internet fora and not try to give the audiences a great time and real value for money by playing a 3 hour long best of set list with the highlights from AFD, Lies, UYI and CD? The setlist that is being used these days is great, people leave the venues satisfied with the songs that were chosen.

"...tell ya a little bit about this show... We're... There might be a delay between different songs... 'cuz... We just have this big fucking list, and we pick which song we're gonna play next, AS WE GO... To see how it feels best with you... That way, we don't get bored, 'n, and you don't go, 'I saw that show in... Toledo'... FUCK THAT SHIT... Also... We'll be playing a lot of new stuff, seeing as how you people have waited a really long time for the album to come out... and it'd be kind of a really pussyish thing to do, to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerkin' off..."

- Axl Rose, 1991

Forum karma is the best.

When you can shut up the Worshippers by posting things that Axl has said or is doing. No insults, no personal attacks. Just post the facts. Classic.

Dude that was 20 years ago. Who fucking cares, he is in the twilight of his career. I am sure some things have changed since then, no?

still they HAVE the chance to switch it some good and give some unpredictable setlists. the "normal" show goers wouldnt mind if there'd be 3 or 4 songs they dont know that much, they dont have all the song catalogue in their head anyway. switching it up with lots of changes is a win-win-situation....for fans and for the band themselves, it keeps a show fresh!

even if they'd go with stable setlists again....they could just change the song order a lot, it wouldnt matter....as the songs are the same, right? why not open with Paradise or Easy and closing with Sweet Child?

I agree completely. I said that the current setlists are "great", they could definitely be greater :). And one way of doing that is to shuffle the songs, exchange some of the less classic songs, and maybe play a completely new song rather than a CD song once in a while. That's just a few suggestions that I don't think would matter to the casual concert goers who go for the nostalgia act.

What I personally miss is the spontaneity of previous versions of the band. It's all so choreographed now. It is all so repetitive now. It has become too much of a...show now. I want more rock and roll. More daring. More wildness. More couldn't-give-a-fuck.

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

What is it that you are trying to convey with that meme?

RollingStone-

:laugh:

Axl Rose spent the last decade dragging his new incarnation of Guns N' Roses around the world. This Las Vegas residency, kicking off on Halloween, is the logical next step. If it's good enough for Elton John and Rod Stewart, why not Axl? You'll hear all the hits – but the line-up is sort of like Journey in reverse. You get the original singer and that's it.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/falls-hottest-tours-and-concerts-20120904/guns-n-roses-19691231#ixzz25kNyVlbf

RollingStone-

Axl Rose spent the last decade dragging his new incarnation of Guns N' Roses around the world. This Las Vegas residency, kicking off on Halloween, is the logical next step. If it's good enough for Elton John and Rod Stewart, why not Axl? You'll hear all the hits – but the line-up is sort of like Journey in reverse. You get the original singer and that's it.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/falls-hottest-tours-and-concerts-20120904/guns-n-roses-19691231#ixzz25kNyVlbf

What kind of crappy promo was that? They must still be sore over the HoF. :shrugs: They could have at least included a poll.

RollingStone-

on snap. axl and 2012 guns n roses got diss by rolling stone magazine

just got some grant money from my college... im a poor college student with a minimum wage job but im seriously considering a show. A flight for two is about 600 bucks from detroit and the hard rock hotel has a great package where you get a room and 2 tickets for only 175...

gahhhhh wtf do i do?

just got some grant money from my college... im a poor college student with a minimum wage job but im seriously considering a show. A flight for two is about 600 bucks from detroit and the hard rock hotel has a great package where you get a room and 2 tickets for only 175...

gahhhhh wtf do i do?

We're flying Spirit from Detroit and got about the same rate you got. We're staying at Terrible's which is A) our favorite place in Vegas and B) less than half a mile from the Hard Rock. You can get a room at Terrible's for $30 a night during the week so we're going the Wednesday November 7th show.

Anyone who ordered their tickets off the official GNR website get them in the mail yet? I ordered both a pair of GA floors to the Saturday 11/17 show, which I know are only available at will call. But i also ordered a ticket to the Sunday 11/18 show, and was charged for shipping, so I assume it will be mailed?

gahhhhh wtf do i do?

We're flying Spirit from Detroit and got about the same rate you got. We're staying at Terrible's which is A) our favorite place in Vegas and B) less than half a mile from the Hard Rock. You can get a room at Terrible's for $30 a night during the week so we're going the Wednesday November 7th show.

thats really tempting. damn i want to go :lol:

So we have a celebration of AFD, by Axl and a bunch of guys that had nothing to do with it? :rolleyes: Sounds good to me.

No. You have Guns N' Roses celebrating their entire catalog, thus the title "Appetite For Democracy" not "Appetite For Destruction"

So we have a celebration of AFD, by Axl and a bunch of guys that had nothing to do with it? :rolleyes: Sounds good to me.

No. You have Guns N' Roses celebrating their entire catalog, thus the title "Appetite For Democracy" not "Appetite For Destruction"

so for the first time ever axl rose celebrates the catalog by performing the chinese democracy record in full every night live in vegas residency?

so for the first time ever axl rose celebrates the catalog by performing the chinese democracy record in full every night live in vegas residency?

Huh?