GnR doing 12 shows in Vegas General Discussion Thread.

GunnerRose

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they dare

CD

JUNGLE etc.

the bullshit "setlist".

impossible to get excited for this over here."sorry".

I wish i was a repetitive child with no opinion of my own...back to the basement Gacy.

Axl is probably the most repetetive artist ever."the setlist"hasn't changed much since ""nu GNR'"was formed.

oh well,but come on,man,don't you feel me?

we deserve better.

Axl is probably the most repetetive artist ever."the setlist"hasn't changed much since ""nu GNR'"was formed.

we deserve better.

Uhm, you seriously saying that GN'R should choose a setlist based on a few fans on some Internet fora and not try to give the audiences a great time and real value for money by playing a 3 hour long best of set list with the highlights from AFD, Lies, UYI and CD? The setlist that is being used these days is great, people leave the venues satisfied with the songs that were chosen.

we deserve better.

Uhm, you seriously saying that GN'R should choose a setlist based on a few fans on some Internet fora and not try to give the audiences a great time and real value for money by playing a 3 hour long best of set list with the highlights from AFD, Lies, UYI and CD? The setlist that is being used these days is great, people leave the venues satisfied with the songs that were chosen.

"...tell ya a little bit about this show... We're... There might be a delay between different songs... 'cuz... We just have this big fucking list, and we pick which song we're gonna play next, AS WE GO... To see how it feels best with you... That way, we don't get bored, 'n, and you don't go, 'I saw that show in... Toledo'... FUCK THAT SHIT... Also... We'll be playing a lot of new stuff, seeing as how you people have waited a really long time for the album to come out... and it'd be kind of a really pussyish thing to do, to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerkin' off..."

- Axl Rose, 1991

we deserve better.

"...tell ya a little bit about this show... We're... There might be a delay between different songs... 'cuz... We just have this big fucking list, and we pick which song we're gonna play next, AS WE GO... To see how it feels best with you... That way, we don't get bored, 'n, and you don't go, 'I saw that show in... Toledo'... FUCK THAT SHIT... Also... We'll be playing a lot of new stuff, seeing as how you people have waited a really long time for the album to come out... and it'd be kind of a really pussyish thing to do, to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerkin' off..."

- Axl Rose, 1991

:thumbsup:

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

Yes, the audiences wouldn't be happy if the just played AFD. Luckily, they play 3 hours of hits spanning the whole existence of GN'R.

Edited by SoulMonster

I have a bad feeling if you're expecting wildly crazy and varied set lists, you're gonna have a bad time. I think it would be genius to advertise that every single night will have a unique set list, that way every single show feels unique and special, they should've done that with the UCAP tour. But most of the acts from Elton John to Cher to Motley Crue, they tailor a very specific show for Vegas, and don't often change it up at all. I'm not saying every single set will be the exact same, I expect them to maybe throw a couple of curve balls here and there, but I definitely wouldn't expect to see 'Scraped' or 'Dead Horse' or 'Prostitute' thrown in there anywhere :\ But hey, it'll be a great show, whatever they play. It always is :)

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

GREAT POST

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

GREAT POST

My all-time favorite Axl quote.

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

GREAT POST

Maybe Axl changed his mind and realized that if you find a setlist of songs that work well together with minor changes here and there, it keeps most crowds into it and is better than mixing it up every night and therefore having some concerts that aren't as good as others.

So im going to 3 shows .. Thinking about getting a vip tix .. Anyone ever do this? Is it worth it? .. I think i just might

IMO coolest thing about VIP tickets is no lines to bathroom and bars. You get in early, but that doesnt matter. I also got 25 bucks in checks with my ticket.

if they dare

CD

JUNGLE etc.

the bullshit "setlist".

impossible to get excited for this over here."sorry".

I wish i was a repetitive child with no opinion of my own...back to the basement Gacy.

we deserve better.

Given the length of the show, and the amount of song's Axl has released, there's not that much to choose from. He could always re arrange them each night :D

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

Forum karma is the best.

When you can shut up the Worshippers by posting things that Axl has said or is doing. No insults, no personal attacks. Just post the facts. Classic.

Edited by Groghan

so Axl is celebrating AFD in Vegas when the real ceremony was at the Hall of Fame which Axl skipped by purpose? no single person in his current band had anything to do with Appetite, bah!!

given that i hope he can pull off some nice different things with different openers, different setlists, rare songs, special guests (Izzy, Duff, Baz (off course ;)) and other names), AFD played complete, CD played complete, UYI1 and 2 played complete (wait, forget CD complete!!), webstreams, interviews, news reports etc.

there definately is room for some goodies, but he better starts rehearsing right now to get a "strong" un-Mickey-voice.....uhm, i guess we're going to get disappointed a lot again, damn!

so Axl is celebrating AFD in Vegas when the real ceremony was at the Hall of Fame which Axl skipped by purpose? no single person in his current band had anything to do with Appetite, bah!!

given that i hope he can pull off some nice different things with different openers, different setlists, rare songs, special guests (Izzy, Duff, Baz (off course ;)) and other names), AFD played complete, CD played complete, UYI1 and 2 played complete (wait, forget CD complete!!), webstreams, interviews, news reports etc.

there definately is room for some goodies, but he better starts rehearsing right now to get a "strong" un-Mickey-voice.....uhm, i guess we're going to get disappointed a lot again, damn!

Here's what I believe will happen: Setlists very similar to those form the European tour, perhaps more songs from AFD played, maybe a guest or two, Axl's voice will be as earlier this year: strong on some songs, weak on others, but overall impressive. If you expect anything more then I am afraid you will be disappointed, again!

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

Forum karma is the best.

When you can shut up the Worshippers by posting things that Axl has said or is doing. No insults, no personal attacks. Just post the facts. Classic.

I love it.

we deserve better.

- Axl Rose, 1991

Forum karma is the best.

What? Was GNRSkidRow1's post actually a reply to my post? Did he disagree with anything I said?

We all know GN'R shuffled the setlists more back in the 90s. What has that got to do with what is most sensible for the band to do today? Today the audience come for the nostalgia show, back then they came to devour anything GN'R did.

Edited by SoulMonster

Well if you are like me and you go to C GNR once every 4 years on average you cant complain about set list to much. If i was like some of u that went and C them 30+ times then yes, I would bitch about set list, but then again i woundt go 30 times but thats nopt what we are talking about :)

would i like to C 0 cover songs and all GNR yes, but I think it is a kick ass show how it is, but now with 12 concerts in Vegas I hope they change something from concert to concert.

Well if you are like me and you go to C GNR once every 4 years on average you cant complain about set list to much. If i was like some of u that went and C them 30+ times then yes, I would bitch about set list, but then again i woundt go 30 times but thats nopt what we are talking about :)

would i like to C 0 cover songs and all GNR yes, but I think it is a kick ass show how it is, but now with 12 concerts in Vegas I hope they change something from concert to concert.

If, say, 98 % of the audience changes from night to night then there is no incentive for them to change the setlists. In that case they should stick with what they believe is the setlist that will be most appreciated by the audience. And I believe that setlist is very close to the one used on recent tours, perhaps with a few less important (=less classic) songs shuffled around. With this being a tribute to AFD I also assume that more focus will be put on that record, which I guess will be just fine by the audiences.

Back in 91 - to bring this back to earlier posts - they didn't have a huge back catalogue of classic songs and an audience coming solely to hear those songs. In addition they didn't have two albums ready to be released. They weren't a nostalgia act back then. Of course I wish they would play lots of unheard material as a way of promoting and testing out new songs from a future, imminent record, but that is just not the case.

still they HAVE the chance to switch it some good and give some unpredictable setlists. the "normal" show goers wouldnt mind if there'd be 3 or 4 songs they dont know that much, they dont have all the song catalogue in their head anyway. switching it up with lots of changes is a win-win-situation....for fans and for the band themselves, it keeps a show fresh!

even if they'd go with stable setlists again....they could just change the song order a lot, it wouldnt matter....as the songs are the same, right? why not open with Paradise or Easy and closing with Sweet Child?

still they HAVE the chance to switch it some good and give some unpredictable setlists. the "normal" show goers wouldnt mind if there'd be 3 or 4 songs they dont know that much, they dont have all the song catalogue in their head anyway. switching it up with lots of changes is a win-win-situation....for fans and for the band themselves, it keeps a show fresh!

even if they'd go with stable setlists again....they could just change the song order a lot, it wouldnt matter....as the songs are the same, right? why not open with Paradise or Easy and closing with Sweet Child?

I agree completely. I said that the current setlists are "great", they could definitely be greater :). And one way of doing that is to shuffle the songs, exchange some of the less classic songs, and maybe play a completely new song rather than a CD song once in a while. That's just a few suggestions that I don't think would matter to the casual concert goers who go for the nostalgia act.

What I personally miss is the spontaneity of previous versions of the band. It's all so choreographed now. It is all so repetitive now. It has become too much of a...show now. I want more rock and roll. More daring. More wildness. More couldn't-give-a-fuck.