Does anybody else think Axl would be shooting himself in the foot by releasing the London 2012 show on DVD or Blu Ray?

Randy Lahey

Does anybody else think Axl would be shooting himself in the foot by releasing the London 2012 show on DVD or Blu Ray? It'll have the same effect on casual viewers as the 02 VMA performance. Would it really be that hard to release one of the 2010 shows?

Does anybody else think Axl would be shooting himself in the foot by releasing the London 2012 show on DVD or Blu Ray? It'll have the same effect on casual viewers as the 02 VMA performance. Would it really be that hard to release one of the 2010 shows?

No.

Ali

Isn't every show filmed? Just pick a good one and release it...how hard is that?

They did. It's coming soon ;)

Am I the only one who is excited about this? We use this forum daily for complaining about GN'R not releasing anything, no news. And when something leaks or something actually gets released, we still complain and don't think it's good enough. Only in GN'R land.

Isn't every show filmed? Just pick a good one and release it...how hard is that?

Am I the only one who is excited about this? We use this forum daily for complaining about GN'R not releasing anything, no news. And when something leaks or something actually gets released, we still complain and don't think it's good enough. Only in GN'R land.

It's terribly disappointing when you factor in all the great shows from 2010 that they recorded. You'd have to be Ali to think that this London 2012 show sounded good.

How hard would it be for them to release a show where Axl sounds like this?

Edited by Randy Lahey

I think it might be a mistake to release this right now, but not for the reasons you all have stated. How is this dvd going to stand a chance in hell when it is going up against the zeppelin dvd from the same venue? I just watched a bootleg of the zeppelin one, and OMG!!! It is going to piss all over the gnr one, sorry to say. I love gnr, current line up included, but it's Led Zeppelin people!!! 3/4 original members, and they really put on a great show. I was doubtful of how good it really is, but damn!!! It has mistakes in it, but on some songs they sound just as good as they did in 1975. ALL HAIL THE ALL MIGHTY ZEPPELIN!!!!

It's terribly disappointing when you factor in all the great shows from 2010 that they recorded. You'd have to be Ali to think that this London 2012 show sounded good.

Not every show is filmed in HD, theres the difference.

All the 2010 shows were filmed in HD.

But the 2012 London show had more cameras than usual for the webcast. Kind of like how the Tokyo 1992 shows had ample cameras there specifically because the show was going to be recorded for release.

GNR fans doesn't resemble with any other fans of other bands... they love the band much more than the others, but also bitch WAY much more than the others... as you said, only on GNR land :tongue2:

GNR fans doesn't resemble with any other fans of other bands... they love the band much more than the others, but also bitch WAY much more than the others... as you said, only on GNR land :tongue2:

I disagree. I'm part of a Bruce Springsteen forum and they complain about a shitload as well. He films every one of his concerts and then people bitch when he releases one of them. But before that, they were bitching that he should release anything. Never pleasing anyone. People begged literally for decades for a full show release of a show from his 1978 tour. He did it about 2 years ago, and the amount of bitching that it was "the wrong show" from that tour was insane. I think all forums are like these. Fans that are part of these forums are just so obsessed with the bands, we expect the best and think we know how everything should be done. I don't think its just GNR land.

But the 2012 London show had more cameras than usual for the webcast. Kind of like how the Tokyo 1992 shows had ample cameras there specifically because the show was going to be recorded for release.

Source? I've never heard that before...

Source? I've never heard that before...

The side-screens at all the 2010 arena shows were HD resolution.

Stop bitching for fuck sakes...i've been waiting for this since 1999

I agree with people who don't like Axl's singing on this one. He's capable of so much more. It's just not his best performance so it's puzzling as to why this particular performance is selected when there are better available.

I agree with people who don't like Axl's singing on this one. He's capable of so much more. It's just not his best performance so it's puzzling as to why this particular performance is selected when there are better available.

Adding to this - if Axl knew this show would be specially recorded and broadcast with two-dozen HD cameras, you would think he would have sang better if he was capable.

Maybe he's not capable

:(

Interesting. I wasn't at the show, so it's hard for me to make such a definitive comparative statement.

Ali

No. I think the notion on the forum that his 2012 voice sucks is highly exaggerated and that casual fans will love it. Hardcore fans are so ingrained with the idea that Axl should sound like a rock grater that when he sings with a clean voice their heads explode. I believe his clean voice is much more palatable to casual viewers although to many of us it is anathema. The problem with the 2002 VMA performance wasn't only that his voice was thin (way thinner than in 2012, btw) but that the look of GN'R was so significantly altered since the last time the band was seen publicly. The schism between the general perception of what GN'R should look like and the band who took the stage in 2002 was too wide and deep for people to accept it, Axl's voice was just one part of it all.