Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

This is going to be good, because there are three main characters in which you can control to complete missions/work together to complete.

Honestly I just can't wait to hop in a car and cruise around the game and check out the scenery.

The nice thing about this game is that the entire world is open when you start, instead of having to finish a certain amount of missions.

I'm extremely excited for this. My social life will be gone come this spring, I predict.

This is going to be good, because there are three main characters in which you can control to complete missions/work together to complete.

Honestly I just can't wait to hop in a car and cruise around the game and check out the scenery.

The nice thing about this game is that the entire world is open when you start, instead of having to finish a certain amount of missions.

Wasn't that the case in GTA IV as well?

No, they blocked the bridges like they did in every other game. If you crossed them, you got a 4 or 5 star wanted level, if I remember correctly.

Nah, the bridges had road blocks on them because of a "terrorist threat", you could blast through them if you wanted to but you instantly got 6 stars and it was really tough to have the firepower to survive 6 stars that early in the game :lol:

I've always thought if they combined the fun aspect of GTA: San Andreas with the attention to detail and polish of GTA IV it would be one of the greatest games of all time. GTA V looks like it's going to be a monster (they say GTA V will be a bit bigger than the mape sizes of GTA:SA, GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined). GTA IV's problem was that although it was a prettier game and the scope was large, it wasn't a lot of fun (though I heard the add-on stuff was a bit more fun).

Apparently a big part of this game is going to be the heists. This sounds a lot better than simply going out to kill one guy or race between point a and point b.

The one aspect that I'd love them to bring back from GTA:SA would be the turf wars. That was the most fun aspect of the game: going into another gang's turn and fighting off a few waves of bad guys to claim the turf.

Oh, and I hope they bring back Axl as a DJ. Not holding my breath on that, but would be an added bonus as a GNR fan.

Edited by downzy

GTA IV traded fun for realism. That said, I enjoyed it for endless hours.

Bring back the chainsaws, tank spawns, jetpacks, and dildo bats.

This one looks great.

after san andreas the amount of content in IV just left something to be desired. in san andreas i would go literally days without doing much in terms of missions i would just waste time playing pool, arcade games, customizing my car, going into the desert and jumping off shit with my parachute, driving dune buggies, riding my motorcycle over the hills of san fierro. ETC

gta IV just seemed so shallow and not much to do, no real clothing selections, no customization and on and on. you get a shit ton of money with nothing to spend it on.

This one looks great.

after san andreas the amount of content in IV just left something to be desired. in san andreas i would go literally days without doing much in terms of missions i would just waste time playing pool, arcade games, customizing my car, going into the desert and jumping off shit with my parachute, driving dune buggies, riding my motorcycle over the hills of san fierro. ETC

gta IV just seemed so shallow and not much to do, no real clothing selections, no customization and on and on. you get a shit ton of money with nothing to spend it on.

Agreed. GTA IV was nice to watch, but the "rags to a little less poor" story didn't do much for me in terms of overall narrative. Moreover, I don't recall much variety in how missions played out within respective given environments. I can literally rattle off seven or eight missions from GTA:SA that I still remember (even though it's been 8 years since I last played the game) and yet can remember only one or two missions from GTA IV (despite having played it three years ago).

I think I had a better time playing GTA: Vice City than I did playing GTA:IV. With GTA:SA and GTA:VC I was saddened when the storyline came to a conclusion; with GTA IV I was glad I was done with it and saw it through.

Though I will say watching the Ricky Gervais standup routine in GTA IV was fun.

Edited by downzy

This one looks great.

Agreed. GTA IV was nice to watch, but the "rags to a little less poor" story didn't do much for me in terms of overall narrative. Moreover, I don't recall much variety in how missions played out within respective given environments. I can literally rattle off seven or eight missions from GTA:SA that I still remember (even though it's been 8 years since I last played the game) and yet can remember only one or two missions from GTA IV (despite having played it three years ago).

I think I had a better time playing GTA: Vice City than I did playing GTA:IV. With GTA:SA and GTA:VC I was saddened when the storyline came to a conclusion; with GTA IV I was glad I was done with it and saw it through.

Though I will say watching the Ricky Gervais standup routine in GTA IV was fun.

i agree i had way more fun in vice city than IV, it was kind of weird reading reviews giving the game 10/10 :lol: but it seems sometimes people are more interested in graphics than a fun game.

I've always thought if they combined the fun aspect of GTA: San Andreas with the attention to detail and polish of GTA IV it would be one of the greatest games of all time. GTA V looks like it's going to be a monster (they say GTA V will be a bit bigger than the mape sizes of GTA:SA, GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined). GTA IV's problem was that although it was a prettier game and the scope was large, it wasn't a lot of fun (though I heard the add-on stuff was a bit more fun).

You heard correct. Lost and the Damned wasn't much but The Ballad of Gay Tony added a few things back in (like the parachute and a massive weapon-loaded helicopter) and had some really fun missions.

The trailer for V looks outstanding. As someone said, the polish of IV plus the fun factor of San Andreas could create possibly the best game of all time. At the very least, the best in the series.