Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

I've always thought if they combined the fun aspect of GTA: San Andreas with the attention to detail and polish of GTA IV it would be one of the greatest games of all time. GTA V looks like it's going to be a monster (they say GTA V will be a bit bigger than the mape sizes of GTA:SA, GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined). GTA IV's problem was that although it was a prettier game and the scope was large, it wasn't a lot of fun (though I heard the add-on stuff was a bit more fun).

You heard correct. Lost and the Damned wasn't much but The Ballad of Gay Tony added a few things back in (like the parachute and a massive weapon-loaded helicopter) and had some really fun missions.

The trailer for V looks outstanding. As someone said, the polish of IV plus the fun factor of San Andreas could create possibly the best game of all time. At the very least, the best in the series.

i hope that is what we get, from the rumors and the stuff you can see in the trailers, plus what some at rockstar have said it seems like they are going to add much more content to this game.

Based on the trailers alone it doesn't look that much better than GTA IV to be honest. The graphics aren't much, if any better. There's no gameplay footage, and none of the new additions like dogs and female cops are that exciting to me.

However, I fully expect this to be one of the greatest games ever made.

I can't stand it when you're such a hooray for tolerance! bacardi. The graphics aren't going to be improved that much, nor do they need to be. I agree the dogs are whatever, because I'll never want to kill them. They should have added wild animals like Red Dead Redemption. And the female cops scare me, just like in real life.

It will be fantastic and it's my most looked forward to game right now.

I can't stand it when you're such a hooray for tolerance! bacardi. The graphics aren't going to be improved that much, nor do they need to be. I agree the dogs are whatever, because I'll never want to kill them. They should have added wild animals like Red Dead Redemption. And the female cops scare me, just like in real life.

I've read that the game will have a diverse wild life component. There's supposedly a fair amount of country side and it's likely the characters will come across animals like mountain lions, eagles, snakes, and whatever else they feel is appropriate for that kind of setting.

Also, supposedly the game also includes a massive under-water ecology of fish, sharks, and coral environments. I don't think you have to worry too much about a lack of animals for GTA V

I've read that the game will have a diverse wild life component. There's supposedly a fair amount of country side and it's likely the characters will come across animals like mountain lions, eagles, snakes, and whatever else they feel is appropriate for that kind of setting.

Also, supposedly the game also includes a massive under-water ecology of fish, sharks, and coral environments. I don't think you have to worry too much about a lack of animals for GTA V

i just want a place where i can drive my dune buggy off a huge cliff and jump out with my parachute before it explodes like in SA :P

Based on the trailers alone it doesn't look that much better than GTA IV to be honest. The graphics aren't much, if any better. There's no gameplay footage, and none of the new additions like dogs and female cops are that exciting to me.

Graphics do look better?!

i just want a place where i can drive my dune buggy off a huge cliff and jump out with my parachute before it explodes like in SA :P

That reminds me of
:lol:

That reminds me of

that is the stuff i miss. the crazy shit out of nowhere that would just happen. and that was the location i was talking about i used to just grab a dune buggy and jump it

Graphics look much better as that article posted earlier pointed out.

I feel Rockstar are kind of going for this vibe...

8RIuu.png

For those of you that don't get it, thats Claude from GTA 3, CJ from San Andreas and Tommy from Vice City photoshopped onto the three main characters.

Graphics look much better as that article posted earlier pointed out.

I feel Rockstar are kind of going for this vibe...

8RIuu.png

For those of you that don't get it, thats Claude from GTA 3, CJ from San Andreas and Tommy from Vice City photoshopped onto the three main characters.

This is the first time I've seen that picture, but I've been thinking about that since they announced the characters.

Edit: Even though they say none of the characters from that era will be in the game.

Also bran that reminds me...I was randomly playing gta 3 once and I got a car on the train tracks, drove it right into an oncoming train and literally flew across to the 3rd island (I hit the train on the first island :lol: ) That was one of the weirdest things to happen and I could never get it to happen again.

PS - I want to point out that I found out how to drive a destroyed car in that game. My 11/12 year old ego was large on that...

Edited by Crazyman

• 7 months later...