Why No Love for Ferrer?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brain is a beast on drums the best drummer GNR has ever had CD and SS are such assclowns it`s not even funny

I disagree. I know he wasn't in the band for a long time, but Josh Freese would be the greatest drummer that's ever been in GN'R

He just seems like a guy who was hired to play live shows.

Yeah- some truth to that I imagine. Actually both Richard and Frank kind of fit into that category IMHO.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong and they'll be all over CD II/LOTRP or whatever- but for the moment that seems to be the case. Richard does have awesome stage presence though- so he's a good man for the job in that regard. :shades:

He plays the old material better than Brain but Brain is a better drummer, if that makes sense. Frank is a more straight ahead rock drummer, whereas Brain is more intricate, so I think Frank's style fits most of the material better. I'm not crazy on his Brownstone intro, but I like some of the other changes he made to the song. I really like his Rocket Queen - he made it his own without losing the groove. Similarly, I never cared for Brain's drumming on You Could Be Mine, but think Frank does it fine.

Well, when he joined back in 2007 I thought very poorly of him, mainly because Brain has been my favourite drummer for the last ten years ( that Interstate 76 soundtrack... ).

That being said, I really liked him when I saw them in 2010. I'm not a drummer by any means, but I thought he was great on the AFD songs.

And I don't get why people say he is a nobody...Sure, he's not a very well known drummer like Brain was, but his résumé is far from being shit...And I don't care what anybody says, I love his drumming on the Honky Toast album I have.

And he strikes me as a cool dude too. Brain is still my favourite drummer ( actually, the only drummer I've ever cared save for Tim Alexander ) but I don't really care to have him back in the band.

He plays the old material better than Brain but Brain is a better drummer, if that makes sense. Frank is a more straight ahead rock drummer, whereas Brain is more intricate, so I think Frank's style fits most of the material better. I'm not crazy on his Brownstone intro, but I like some of the other changes he made to the song. I really like his Rocket Queen - he made it his own without losing the groove. Similarly, I never cared for Brain's drumming on You Could Be Mine, but think Frank does it fine.

This.

Brain is a beast on drums the best drummer GNR has ever had CD and SS are such assclowns it`s not even funny

I disagree. I know he wasn't in the band for a long time, but Josh Freese would be the greatest drummer that's ever been in GN'R

Josh is great but Brain is better

[

assclowns?

YOU said that Brain is the best drummer GNR ever had...

so who is the assclown?

Brain is a beast on drums yeah, but NOT IN GNR. He isn't fit in the band back in the day

Brain was the best GNR drummer and it`s a fact oh wait according to you Adler is, just because he played on AFD right ?

Edited by Son of a Guns

Brain was the best GNR drummer and it`s a fact oh wait according to you Adler is, just because he played on AFD right ?

Best GnR drummer and best drummer who has ever been IN GnR are two very different things...

Just like Mike Portnoy would be a terrible AC/DC drummer...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Best GnR drummer and best drummer who has ever been IN GnR are two very different things...

Just like Mike Portnoy would be a terrible AC/DC drummer...

They`re essentially the same

While I don't think Frank is a great drummer, I think part of it is because it doesn't really seem like axl respects him. Several times Axl has yelled at him and pointed out when he's messed up, which really isn't fair to him. Brain has also said that axl keeps trying to get him to come back and do like a double drummer thing, but Frank doesn't agree so brain wont. It's kind of like axl doesn't like him and he is just there because axl couldn't really find anyone else.

Brain was awesome in 2006 before he left.

His 2001 stuff was weird because he was playing all the old songs at a faster pace. But then in 2002 when he slowed it down, the old songs sounded better (save for Axl's voice).

All I know is Brain was the drummer for Rock am Ring 2006 and he'll forever get my love for that.

Frank's a good drummer.

It's kind of like axl doesn't like him and he is just there because axl couldn't really find anyone else.

Isn't that why we are lumped with the rest of the guys as well? Because Axl can't find anyone decent enough who is willing to stay?

Frank is the worst "pro" drummer I've ever seen. I'd rather watch grass grow then watch this guy's sloppy and boring drumming. Not to mention his Rocket Queen, Brownstone and YCBM intros. Absolute joke of a drummer.