New GNR 2012 Retrospective: What were the highlights, in your opinion?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philip and Tokio shows where amazing, the return of Catcher in The Rye and There Was A Time as well, the shows with Izzy where cool too, the low point for me was the Neil Young show other than that, great shows not a bad year for GN'R, way better than 1993-2000

the Philly "Welcome to The Jungle" video so I can show it to people that say that axl is losing it lol. Vegas Residency. The Vegas and London recordings and TWAT :s Nothing very important, what can be considered as something on GNR history is the Vegas Residency, also, this year the band is like taking it more seriously on their "marketing thing", the Nightrain forum, the new GNR homepage, more FB and Twitter updates, Kat's photos, the GNR instagram, the GNR Merch, GNR Vip Tickets, etc. maybe Dj did something to impulse that.

Edited by ignaliza

I think it was when Bumble spoke of how he'd run things if he was in charge (new song, tour, new song, new leg and so on) cause that's the only thing that has really made any sense to me this year. But then again, I've never made a song myself, so I don't know if it's hard or not.

For me personally none, not bashing but for me personally, a year to forget as a gnr fan, very boring and Axl is losing so fast. Hope 2013 provides better for me.

Probably,because you're not a fan.It was amazing year with more than 60 arena and stadium shows,and great 12 dates in Vegas...GNR also did the biggest show in India (bigger than Stones show) ...And you can say boring year...Fuck you stupid basher.

For me personaly,Year was good,watched them third time in my life in packed stadium in Sofia

sorry, but with his countless attempts to bury the real GN'R legacy like his embarassing 3-days-before-the-event HOF cancelling, his stupid Slash-paranoia, dropping his long time fan Marc Canter; the cinema live show cancelling, his fear of releasing anything connected to his name (old stuff, new stuff) and his decision to go on tour-cash-grabbing with his weak weak Mickey Mouse voice etc. .....i cant see much positive other than making some people happy seeing him live covering the old Guns' songs.